What do you think about the possibility of San Andreas Stories on the PSP? Bear in mind the game will likely be cut down from San Andreas anyway, but with these compression capabilities, maybe it might not be so cut down as we think? Discuss in our forums.
They've been able to "double the city size capable of fitting on a UMD," apparently. "At that rate we'll be able to go bigger the more we know and the more the technology moves on." In other words, don't rule it out.
If you're able to get a copy of this magazine then I suggest you go out and buy it, there's also a few new screens included.
- A brand new golfing mini game will be playable at Leaf Links. Controls are simple and only require one button, tapping it starts the power meter, pressing again to stop it when you reach the amount of power you require, and then once more to set the accuracy of your shot. Revisiting Leaf Links will enable you to retry the minigame and beat your previous score. One mission requires you to beat Gonzalez at the game.
- Empire Building: This is actually quite an advanced feature in the game. After taking over a site, the gang that previously occupied it becomes your rival. There will be six different business types that Vic can run, the article mentions three - protection, extortion and prostitution. The three others are currently unknown.
- You are able to choose what type of business to set up at the site you acquire. Your choice will have an impact on the business' level of success. A smuggling business will perform better near an airport or docks for instance.
- Businesses are split into three categories - low, middle and high. Each of these will require a larger amount of money to acquire staff and resources. Similar to your gang control in San Andreas, your businesses will be prone to attacks from rival gangs.
- Notification about attacks on your businesses comes through on your pager. The more staff you have the better their chance of defending it for you if it comes under attack.
- You'll have the option to save the game at any of your businesses, this means there will be more than 30 possible safe houses across the city.
- The employees of your businesses can be recruited San Andreas style to provide protection and support to you on the streets.
- Pedestrians on the street may comment on your success - Rockstar say it's all about having the people of Vice City recognise your power and control.
In addition to this piece of news, Gamespot made a hugely embarrasing mistake by changing the release date of Vice City Stories to 2007. This was just on the US version of their site, but it still caused a lot of confusion. Rockstar would never push back a release date by an entire year, the thought of that is just absurd.
Vice City, 1984. Opportunity abounds in a city emerging from the swamps, its growth fueled by the violent power struggle in a lucrative drugs trade. Construction is everywhere as a shining metropolis rises from foundations of crime and betrayal.
As a soldier, Vic Vance has always protected his dysfunctional family, his country, himself. One bad decision later and that job is about to get much harder. Kicked out onto the streets of a city torn between glamour and gluttony, Vic is faced with a stark choice - build an empire or be crushed.
As Vice City Stories is talked about previously in the statement, it is obvious that here they are talking a completely different title.
The Company's fourth quarter results will also be impacted by these factors, as well as the movement of a Rockstar PSP title based on a premier brand out of the fourth quarter.
Some of our affiliates: