After the influx of previews cropping up over the last couple of days, this wealth of new info from PSM comes as an unexpected but pleasant suprise. It seems Vice City Stories will be a lot more advanced than many of us originally imagined, and with more in game specifics being user driven, in particular the "empire building" feature.
- A brand new golfing mini game will be playable at Leaf Links. Controls are simple and only require one button, tapping it starts the power meter, pressing again to stop it when you reach the amount of power you require, and then once more to set the accuracy of your shot. Revisiting Leaf Links will enable you to retry the minigame and beat your previous score. One mission requires you to beat Gonzalez at the game.
- Empire Building: This is actually quite an advanced feature in the game. After taking over a site, the gang that previously occupied it becomes your rival. There will be six different business types that Vic can run, the article mentions three - protection, extortion and prostitution. The three others are currently unknown.
- You are able to choose what type of business to set up at the site you acquire. Your choice will have an impact on the business' level of success. A smuggling business will perform better near an airport or docks for instance.
- Businesses are split into three categories - low, middle and high. Each of these will require a larger amount of money to acquire staff and resources. Similar to your gang control in San Andreas, your businesses will be prone to attacks from rival gangs.
- Notification about attacks on your businesses comes through on your pager. The more staff you have the better their chance of defending it for you if it comes under attack.
- You'll have the option to save the game at any of your businesses, this means there will be more than 30 possible safe houses across the city.
- The employees of your businesses can be recruited San Andreas style to provide protection and support to you on the streets.
- Pedestrians on the street may comment on your success - Rockstar say it's all about having the people of Vice City recognise your power and control.
If you're able to get a copy of this magazine then I suggest you go out and buy it, there's also a few new screens included.
Thanks to gamerzworld for posting the info and Neil for the heads up.
Yeah great news but I hope they improve on the "gang" fights as in SA it was basically CJ vs all. Golf sounds great and it's a coincidence as a couple of people (including me) were talking about a golf mini-game just a while ago...
Lots of safehouses and businesses will bring a lot more to replay value of GTA (as there isn't enough yet ) Cool thing is you can recruit anyone (I think) or maybe it's just certain people. As this game comes closer to coming out, the better it gets because it has so much awesome stuff. Can't wait!
Some of our affiliates: