Rockstar have today released a much needed update to Grand Theft Auto III for iOS. Version 1.30 of the game adds features that many players have hoped would be added, myself included. The full change log is as follows.
*To create a custom playlist, create a playlist in iTunes titled “GTA3”
- iPhone 5 widescreen support
- iCloud save game support for seamless progression across all your iOS devices.
- Custom playlist support*
- Various stability and bug fixes.
iPhone 5 support and iCloud save games and sync support are an extremely welcome additions which we're sure many players will be happy about. Two other noticeable yet unmentioned fixes include a slightly refreshed app icon, as well as this they have finally fixed the name of the app, which now correctly says "GTA III". Lovely stuff.
You can update GTA III right now from the App Store on your devices, or from iTunes. If you don't already own a copy, here's a link to the iTunes store page, it'll currently set you back just $ 4.99 (£2.99 / 3,99 €).
Note: Due to an unforeseen complication, the Grand Theft Auto III PS2 Classic is not publishing with today’s Store post. We will update you when a new release date has been identified. We apologize for the inconvenience.
There were some last minute issues with getting clearance for a certain audio track in the game; but the teams at Rockstar are on it to review how to best get this title on PSN.
To update your game just head over to the Android Market on the web or on your device where you'll be prompted to download the latest version.
- The addition of Integrated with Immersion Haptic Vibration Feedback
- The ability to tailor your visual experience with new video display settings
- The ability to install the game to an SD memory card
- Improved controls for Xperia Play and supported gamepads plus full support for the GameStop Wireless Game Controller
- Additional technical fixes
Some of our affiliates: