Just wanted to send over this exclusive screenshot from Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned. Enjoy, and stay tuned for more info and assets as the release draws closer.
GRAPHICS FIXES / ADDITIONS:
PATCH 1 FIXES:
- Graphics Menu:
- Added "Water Quality", "Shadow Quality" and "Reflection Resolution" sliders in graphics menu.
- Added "Definition" and "VSync" toggles in graphics menu.
- Rendering optimizations.
- VSync optimizations.
- Nvidia 7000 series
- Mirrors fixed
- Direct input device support is now disabled by default and can only be enabled with the commandline: "-usedirectinput"
- Supported Controllers:
- Logitech Dual Action
- Logitech RumblePad 2
- Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
- Saitek P2500
- Supported Wheels:
- Note: Controls are unmapped, user must map controls using Manufacturer's mapping software.
- Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
- Logitech Wingman Formula GP Wheel
- Logitech MOMO Racing
- MOMO Force
- Driving Force Pro
- Driving Force
- Formula Force
- Added Commandline "-notimefix" which will help some users who are experiencing the fast/slow gameplay issue after patch 1 was applied.
- Fixed a bug that caused some users to experience endless looping audio effects after Patch 1 was applied.
- Benchmark was disabling sounds after Patch 1 was applied, this is now fixed.
- Unable to load game fixed - For some users, a DOS window would open and close immediately upon Game Launch, GTA IV would never launch.
- Hang on Initial Game Loading Screen fixed - Some users experienced Character Art Loading screens in an endless loop.
- Certain causes of the RESC10 error have been fixed (Alt-Tab, change resolution). If you experience an RESC10 error, you must restart.
- Certain Instances of the "GRAND THEFT AUTO IV has encountered a problem and needs to close" error have been fixed.
- Naming clips is now mandatory on Export
GENERAL ADDITIONS / FIXES:
- Legitimate players being kicked from Multiplayer matches has been fixed.
- Wireless 360 controllers not functioning - Triggers were full on/off, fixed.
- In the Options menu accessed from the Title Screen a Game section has been added with the ability to turn Clip capture on/off.
The Lost and Damned will be available for download on February 17th, and will cost .99 or 1600 Microsoft Points.
Quite why GI thought this is a realistic scenario is beyond us, luckily, R* today cleared up the rumour (via Kotaku) saying:
"We're not talking about new DLC or a collection of previously available DLC, we're talking about a full retail game. We expect this title to follow the suit of previous GTAs and use a subtitle such as GTA: San Andreas, etc. Tokyo might be a possible setting for the game, but details are non-existent at this time." - Game Informer Issue 190
With DLC keeping GTA players engaged until late 2009, we can't see a new, full GTA game being released until at least 2010, in all likelihood I personally think we're looking at 2011 as the best guess for now. That's of course assuming GTA V is coming...
there is "no truth" to reports that a wholly new retail game, one on par with the scope of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, will arrive before the holidays.
Some of our affiliates: