Update: PC System Requirements

Apr
2005
By Chris | 23rd Apr 2005 at 01:19 GMT in San Andreas | 15 Comments
I just received an email a few minutes ago from Chris Faylor from Gaming-Age, we reported about their article in an earlier news post.
They listed the minimum system requirements in the article, and I also mentioned in my post that they got the release date wrong... tut tut.
Well Chris emailed me with this:

Hey Chris,

Just wanted to let you know that the minimum specs posted alongside
our preview came straight from Rockstar. They also sent along some
recommended specs, in case you're interested. And yea, looks like we
goofed on the release date, I'll work on getting that fixed.

Minimum:
1GHz Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
256 MB of RAM
8 speed DVD-ROM Drive
3.6 GB of free Hard Disk space for a minimal install
64 MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce3" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Stereo Sound Card
Keyboard
Mouse

Recommended:
Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon XP processor (or better)
384(+) MB of RAM
16 speed DVD-ROM drive
4.7 GB of free Hard Disk space for a full install
128(+) MB Video Card with DirectX 9 compatible drivers ("GeForce4" or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Surround Sound Card
Game pad with twin axis analog controls (USB or Joystick Port)
Keyboard
Mouse

-Chris
Gaming Age Online

So we're the first fansite to have these specs, and they look a pretty logical increase in technology from Vice City so I'm quite sure these are real. I've put them on the System Requirements page for easier viewing.
If you haven't got the recommended hardware then I recommend you get it in order to heighten your gaming experience!
Oscar's photo
Oscar 23rd April, 2005 @ 04:58 - Permalink
Nice, I have them, I doubt I will be able to play it at the higher resolution, but I am almost sure I will be able to play it at a decent fps
Adriaan's photo
Adriaan 23rd April, 2005 @ 10:58 - Permalink
Nice, made news on gtasanandreas.net!
Chris 23rd April, 2005 @ 13:23 - Permalink
Yeah, because since I'm kind and not a selfish webmaster I decided to notify a few other webmsters, it's just not a lot of other sites have put it up yet.
mr man's photo
mr man 23rd April, 2005 @ 19:11 - Permalink
You need a mouse and a keyboard for it, that's mad :wacko: .
Kayo's photo
Kayo 23rd April, 2005 @ 19:46 - Permalink
Awesome , I have the reccomanded requirements and I also got the minimal requirements on my old pc aswell. Hopefully the game will run on high detail smoothly :thumbsup:
Righty's photo
Righty 23rd April, 2005 @ 20:17 - Permalink
All I need to do is get a decent video card and I'm ready to play. Just having a vide ocard would be nice. Not this intergrated video
Oscar's photo
Oscar 24th April, 2005 @ 01:34 - Permalink
I have a geforce fx5200, a crappy card, but is in the recommended range
Chris 24th April, 2005 @ 02:41 - Permalink
Feel the need to post my computer specs ^_^

Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/ SP2
80GB HDD
Intel Pentium 4 1.70GHz
1024MB (1 GB) RAM

Graphics: ATi Radeon 9600XT 256MB (this is actually not too bad)
Sound: Creative SoundBlaster Live

Other Stuff:
Standard Floppy Disk Drive
DVD Re-writer
CD Re-writer
Dazzle DVC 80 video capture thingy (for getting screens from my ps2 games)

6 USB Ports

I also have a 40GB HDD with with RedHat Linux 8 on it :)
Oscar's photo
Oscar 24th April, 2005 @ 04:00 - Permalink
Mine:

P4 2.0 ghz
160 gb HD
512 mb of RAM PC2100
Nvidia geforce fx 5200 (bad but enough)
6 channels crappy sound card
LG 16x DVD drive
LG 52x24x52 cd burner
6 USB 2.0 ports
thinroad's photo
thinroad 28th April, 2005 @ 09:39 - Permalink
woo! thanks for the info Chris (Both Chris')

darn 64mb ati radeon mobility 9700. hope it can run it good.
Akuma's photo
Akuma 28th April, 2005 @ 11:55 - Permalink
I'm wondering if a Radeon 9000 pro would run it? It's (the card) is acting up on GTA3 but doesn't on VC. Just wondering.
Chris 28th April, 2005 @ 16:44 - Permalink
How much MB has that card got? and if it runs VC it'll probably run SA alright.
MaxPayne's photo
MaxPayne 28th April, 2005 @ 16:54 - Permalink
I think he's either got 64mb or 128mb there the only two the cards are available on
Adriaan's photo
Adriaan 28th April, 2005 @ 18:23 - Permalink
I have the ATI Radeon X600 XT. Will it work? I sure hope so..

lol ofcourse it will!!!!!
sadhappy's photo
sadhappy 19th May, 2005 @ 17:53 - Permalink
hello,everybody! I'm chinese.I wait this gta-sa too.and it'is AM 1:52 now.which country is this forum in?

CodenameGTA.hu Rockstar Network GTA.com.ua iGTA5 GTANetwork.it GTA-Xtreme.de