Various European magazines have now been published which contain previews for San Andreas on PC/Xbox. First of all there is the Dutch Xbox Magazine which contains 19 screenshots. Here is some of the new info translated by Jelmer:
* Like the upcoming PC version and even the PS2 version, the Xbox version has almost no loading times other than the beginning after you load a game.
* The framerate was noticably more stable than the PS2 version when the Dutch Xbox Magazine guys saw the game.
* The Xbox version will feature sharper textures than the PS2. Whether or not it will have the highest resolution textures that the PC will have it yet to be seen.
* The Xbox will feature a reworked lighting system rather than keep the PS2's version.
* It's no surprise that custom soundtracks are back, so you can put in your own music CD's and play them in-game on your own radio station.
* The Xbox version will feature a replay mode just like previous PC versions.
* The magazine mentioned that the two player cooperative mode will return in the Xbox version.
Thanks to this GTAForums topic for the info.
Secondly we have Italian magazine GMC - Giochi per il mio computer with a PC preview, no new information although they mention something about widescreen being available, GTA3 and VC had this so no suprise there. There are also some screens in the magazine.
Finally German magazine Offizielles XBox Magazin has information and screenshots on the Xbox version. The Xbox version will apparently be more of a port of the PC version, rather than the PS2 version as GTA3 and VC were. Information from the magazine includes:
* A replay mode will exist, just like in the PC version, allowing you to replay the last 30 seconds of your game, save the replay, and play it later.
* The two player mode will exist for the Xbox. (not for the PC however)
* The textures will be of higher quality.
* The number of polygons objects are composed of has been greatly increased.
* With the right ministick you will be able to spin the camera around your character or vehicle.
* It will be possible to have an MP3 radio station in the Xbox version, similarly to the PC version.
Some of our affiliates: