Wow, bet some of you never expected this! Many thought that the sheer size and scale of 2004's GTA: San Andreas (in comparison to GTA III and Vice City) would mean that it would be unlikely that we ever saw a release to follow its predecessors on iOS and Android. But today, Rockstar have announced that the game that some describe as the best of that decade, will indeed be coming to select iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices in December.
Before GTAV took us to the sun-bleached sidewalks and humming concrete freeways of present-day Los Santos and beyond, there was Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the biggest GTA of the PS2 era. Now, head back to the early 90s with CJ and the Grove Street Families when Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas comes to mobile devices next month.
Encompassing Los Santos, San Fierro, Las Venturas and everything in between, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has been upgraded for its mobile release. Newly remastered graphics including dynamic and detailed shadows, greater draw distance, an enriched color palette, plus enhanced character and car models make this the best-looking version of San Andreas yet.
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas also features brand new touch controls including contextual control options to display buttons only when you need them and three different control schemes for driving and maneuvering, as well as a reworked checkpoint system for easier progression. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas for mobile also comes equipped with full controller support, including Made for iOS controller capability on iOS7. It will be available for select iOS, Android, Amazon Kindle and Windows Mobile devices. Stay tuned for more details in the weeks ahead.
Great to see iOS controller support being added too, that is sure to raise the profile of this new capability in iOS 7. We absolutely cannot wait to get our hands on this!
The Beach Bum update for GTA Online is now available with the latest title update (1.06) available to both Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 users. The title update also fixes a whole bunch of exploits and bugs in the game, and also offers some welcome improvements. Racers who regularly race 'Down The Drain' will be pleased to know that the cardboard boxes that would sometimes wreck your car causing you to lose the race have now been removed.
Other welcome improvements include the fact that idiots driving their cars into your stationary tank will no longer be committing "insurance fraud" causing you to have to pay out money to them for destroying their car.
Below are the full details of the update straight from Rockstar:
The world of Grand Theft Auto Online gets even deeper with the Beach Bum update, now available on both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. In order to keep GTA Online flexible and constantly evolving, the game is built to receive new content in a variety of ways including major paid expansions at specific points across the year, dropping additional content via regular title updates, and even the instant and seamless addition of jobs via the Rockstar Social Club. The Beach Bum content comes via a free update to GTA Online and Grand Theft Auto V's Story Mode as part of the latest automatic Title Update (1.06), so just fire up your console to download it. Alongside additional game tuning (see details below), the Beach Bum update includes:TITLE UPDATE 1.06
NEW VEHICLES, WEAPONS & MORE
Take on new Beach Bum Races with the BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck or the Bravado Paradise beach camper van. For aquatic-based endeavors, the classic Speeder speedboat is also now available. All four vehicles can also be accessed in Story Mode and are available at no in-game cost. To access them in GTA Online, just visit the southernsanandreassuperautos.com in-game website (or docktease.com for the Speeder).
Also available in both Story Mode and Online (and at no additional in-game cost) are the new SNS Pistol & Broken Bottle - a pair of close range weapons perfect for any beach blanket brouhaha.
This update also features a wide array of new apparel - everything from casual canvas hats to tank tops, t-shirts, board shorts and bikinis in a wide range of styles and colors... plus new hairstyle and tattoo customization options.
30 NEW JOBS COMING TO THE WORLD OF LOS SANTOS & BLAINE COUNTY
In conjunction with today's Beach Bum update, we're also adding 30 new Jobs to GTA Online today. This includes new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings and Gang Attacks, plus the beachfront "Survival on Del Perro Pier" and more.
Along with the new Beach Bum update content, automatic Title Update 1.06 also includes a host of fixes and adjustments for Grand Theft Auto Online, which are listed here:
Players experiencing any remaining technical issues (or specific issues relating to this new Title Update) are encouraged to visit our support website and get in touch with a member of our support team for proper assistance. You can also hit them up at @RockstarSupport on Twitter.
- Fixed an issue where the game would delete your personal Vehicle if you have another player in it when you add a Tracker and Insurance.
- Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on the aerial view when entering GTA Online with cloud servers down and having just launched a mini-game.
- Fixed an issue where the mission 'Damaged Goods' would start even though it had previously been completed.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players couldn't claim back their personal vehicle in GTA Online.
- Fixed an issue where under rare circumstances players were able to get the Declasse Sheriff SUV into Los Santos Customs and respray it causing the menus to malfunction.
- Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances players would lose all personal vehicles after being idle kicked and unable to rejoin an online session.
- Fixed an issue where players could occasionally get stuck after killing a pedestrian with a golf ball.
- Corrected an exploit where players would retain their personal vehicle after selling it at Los Santos Customs mod shop by transitioning back and forth between Story Mode and Online.
- Corrected an exploit where players could keep repeatedly selling a Bati 801 to Los Santos Customs.
- Corrected an exploit where players were able to duplicate vehicles by accepting a Mission while leaving a high-end garage.
- Corrected an exploit where a player could start a Team Deathmatch with all players on the same team.
- Players are no longer able to delete their GTA Online character while the Rockstar cloud servers are unavailable.
DYNAMIC TUNING TO GTA ONLINE
In tandem with today's Title Update, we've also completed a new round of dynamic tuning on the game. This includes changes to the Bad Sport system and continued balancing of rewards for all different types Jobs. Notable adjustments are listed below:
As we continue to tune and adjust the evolving Grand Theft Auto Online player experience in the weeks and months ahead, we ask that you keep sending us your feedback - just fire over an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what you'd like to see implemented in future updates.
- The Bad Sport penalty for destroying personal vehicles has been reduced significantly.
- Players will no longer receive a Bad Sport penalty when they are in a non-moving tank and other players crash a vehicle into them.
- The GTA$ and RP rewards for Races, Deathmatches and Parachuting are now based on the average time they take to complete.
- Players now receive GTA$ and RP rewards when failing a cooperative Job or being a member of the losing team during a Versus Mission, depending on how long the Job / Mission lasts.
- Players now receive a bonus GTA$ multiplier for Missions when played at the higher difficulty levels (Normal = 1.25, Hard = 1.5).
- In Team Deathmatch, all players on a team now receive the same GTA$ and RP rewards, with the winning team getting roughly 4-5x what the losing team receives.
- Removed some instances of debris in specific Races, including the cardboard from the 'Down the Drain' Race.
- Deliveries from Pegasus have been reduced from ,000 to 0.
- The cost of removing a wanted level by calling Lester has now been scaled based on the amount of stars you have - at a cost of 0 per star.
- Restricted cars and vehicles that have been added to player garages through exploits have been removed. This includes tanks, helicopters and police vehicles.
- The following vehicles have been added to the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website in-game: BF Dune Buggy, Canis Bodhi, Karin Rebel, Maibatsu Sanchez 2, Vapid Sadler, Vapid Sandking SWB.
- To eliminate any remaining vehicle loss issues, an additional automatic cloud save will occur when purchasing a vehicle or vehicle modification.
Let us know in the comments if the changes have improved GTA Online for you.
Rockstar have finally announced that the free Beach Bum update coming to GTA Online will hit your consoles next week on Tuesday, 19th November. The update brings two new weapons, four new vehicles, loads of new jobs, and plenty more apparel, hairstyles and tattoos.
You can read Rockstar's summary of all the new content below:
Get ready to hit the beach with all new Jobs with the Beach Bum update for Grand Theft Auto Online, coming November 19th.
The Beach Bum update will bring a slew of new action-packed Jobs to GTA Online next week. These include new beach-themed Races, Deathmatches, Parachutes, Last Team Standings, Survivals as well as Gang Attacks for those who enjoy a good territorial skirmish.
Better not kick sand in the wrong face. Beach blankets may run red by the time the sun sets on Vespucci.
Here are just a few of our favorite new ones that are on the way:
Expect these and lots more Jobs to be added to Grand Theft Auto Online next week.
- "Grass Route II" (Race): In this sequel to the original popular Grass Route Race, go off-road in an epic heat starting on the North bank of the Zancudo River through the treacherous wetlands with a triumphant finish on the beach in North Chumash.
- "Survival on Del Perro Pier" (Survival): Skip the ferris wheel for a deadlier kind of thrill ride as you take on waves of relentless enemies at this beachfront attraction.
- "View of Vespucci" (Parachuting): This leap sends you from 2,980 feet, down towards Vespucci Beach, weaving through palm trees to land on the basketball courts of the rec center. If you've got skills, it's possible to freefall through the first few checkpoints before even opening your chute.
- "Paleto Beach" (Team Deathmatch): The locals complain that not a lot happens in this sleepy town, so do them a favor and wake 'em up with a barrage of gunfire exchanged between you and a rival team. This Team Deathmatch takes place right on the romantic shoreline for 4-8 players.
- "Sundae Driving" (Bike Race): Sure to be a new fan-favorite motorbike race, menace Vespucci Beach on your two-wheel rocket, taking breakneck corners as you try and best the competition.
Hit the shore with four sand-and-surf-ready vehicles perfect to take on the all new Beach Bum Races and Vehicle Deathmatches: the BF Bifta dune buggy, the rugged Canis Kalahari off-road truck, the Bravado Paradise beach camper van and making a special return to the GTA series, the fast and stylish Speeder speedboat. All four vehicles will be available at no in-game cost, with the land-based vehicles accessible from the southernsanandreassuperautos.com website and the Speeder available via docktease.com on your in-game phone (call Pegasus for delivery). These vehicles are also available in Story Mode for Michael, Trevor and Franklin to enjoy - to access them, visit your garage property and the Marina property for the vehicles and the boat respectively.
Take to the seas and waterways in the classic, nimble Speeder.
Expand your arsenal with two new free weapons - the compact yet deadly SNS Pistol and the brutal new Broken Bottle melee weapon which is quite effective at delivering the appropriate message in up close and personal encounters. Each weapon will be available gratis from any Ammu-Nation location in GTA Online and will be added straight into each of the three characters' inventory in Story Mode.
Beach bums with attitude. Hit the coast with all new customization options to style up your GTA Online character.
New Customization Options
You'll be able to deck out your GTA Online character with all new beach-ready customization options including stylish board shorts, neon surfer attire, wild tribal tattoos, shaggy hair for that West Coast laissez-faire vibe and more...
Rockstar have also confirmed that new updates will be coming for Story Mode, as well as the previous announced GTA Online updates including the content creator, heists, and capture the flag mode.
Finally, Rockstar released a couple of new wallpapers! See more on our GTAV artwork page.
Ever since the release of GTA III and the Insane Stunt Bonuses that could be achieved by completing certain jumps, people have been wanting to perform bigger and bigger stunts. The late Odie helped things along with his great little stunt park mod, while the inclusion of motorcycles in Vice City propelled the scene forward leaps and bounds. I even made a couple of videos myself before stunting really got popular (by today's standards they are both absolutely awful, but show just how far stunting has come since then).
GTA V has been out for 6 weeks now, and this has been ample time for stunters to familiarise themselves with the map, find some cool spots, and get used to using and hopefully not abusing Franklin's special ability, or not even using it at all to really impress. A few early videos set the bar fairly low, and more recent videos are now coming out looking pretty impressive. Without further ado, here's a roundup of some of the first and best stunt videos that have been made so far.
First up we have couple of great videos that were emailed into us from the Nomad Union crew:
EXTREME GTA V CREW STUNTS - [Nomad Union]IGNITOR
EXTREME GTA V CREW STUNTS #2 - [Nomad Union]RAW
Next up is a stunt montage from Ben Buja, whose name you may recognise from his many GTA IV stunt and blooper reels:
Ben Buja's Stunt Montage
This one is from Dejv, returning to the scene after a two year break:
Dejv comeback stunt montage
And finally one from SyperDimon:
GTA 5 Stunts (SD) (2)
If you want more, here's some links to other nice videos that have been released:
We'd like to post about community creations like these more often. So if you've created a stunt video, or anything else cool using GTA V be sure to let us know about it and if we like it we'll include it in our next post.
Rockstar have announced the first Snapmatic photo contest for GTAV, where you have a chance to win a Grand Theft Auto V prize pack that includes an iFruit phone case and phone decals plus an official GTAV tee and the sought-after Chop stash stuffed animal.
You have until Monday to get your entries in, Rockstar say they are looking for originality and inspiration, so be creative. All you need to do is tag any photos you want to enter with the #EpicPhotobomb hashtag, which you can do on the Social Club website. For full details on how to enter see the Newswire post.
Snapmatic photo-sharing from your in-game iFruit phone in GTAV and GTA Online makes it a cinch to snap and share that picturesque view from the peak of Mount Chiliad, the fifty car pile-up you engineered on the road to Fort Zancudo or that wild fistfight you stumbled into between Piswasser'ed derelicts at the local 24-7. Of course, all it takes is the work of one photobomber to drastically alter the outcome of whatever you were trying to capture - this shark interrupting Franklin's peaceful moment at sea being the perfect example.
Contest is void in certain countries and where prohibited. See www.rockstargames.com/socialclub/events for official rules and eligibility details.
Rockstar released some new official artworks earlier today. Technically they're not new, but until now we didn't have high resolution official desktop wallpapers of these. First up is Chop standing guard after tearing up some Balla scum, while owner Franklin deals with the FIB using his Heavy Sniper.
See more on our GTAV Artwork page.
Take Two released its second quarter 2014 earnings report today, in it they revealed that they've sold-in (shipped to retailers) 29 million units of GTA V so far in the first 6 weeks. To put things in perspective, this is more copies than GTA IV sold-in in its entire lifetime.
The press release went on to mention more records, including those we posted about last month:
We believe Grand Theft Auto V is the fastest-selling entertainment release in history, grossing over $ 800 million in retail sales during the first 24 hours after launch and over $ 1 billion in only three days. Grand Theft Auto V became available for digital download through the PlayStation Network on the day of release and became the biggest release ever on the platform. In addition, the Games on Demand release of the title on Xbox LIVE became the highest grossing day 1 and week 1 release in the platform’s history.
For most games, breaking the 1 million sales figure is a HUGE achievement, for Rockstar this would have been an unmitigated disaster. Today's announcement means that GTAV is now placed 7th on the list of best-selling games of all time.
Rockstar have finally released the free iFruit app for Android today. The delayed release comes 6 weeks after its iOS counterpart, and unsurprisingly because of this many fans are still angry and are venting their frustration with negative reviews. Many simply can't understand what has taken so long, saying the app is clearly a port of the iOS app (for whatever reason it does appear that Rockstar chose to ignore Android guidelines - we see the iOS tab bar in the screenshots too). A number also appear to be frustrated by the app crashing on start up, but these kind of reviews are common among Android apps, and may not be entirely Rockstar's fault.
With many now having already finished the game, the iFruit app may offer little to no use now, with benefits such as training Chop somewhat pointless. Despite these criticisms, not everyone is unhappy. 5-star ratings are quickly coming in faster now and the rating is starting to look a little more healthy now. Remember you can also use the app to modify your cars in game, and get your personalised plate. You can also access the Social Club and stay up to date on LIfeInvader. iFruit is free on the Play Store and requires Android 3.0 or above, you'll also need around 250MB of free space on your device.
GTA V Themes for PS3 and Xbox 360
GTA V themes and avatars are now available to spice up your Xbox 360 Dashboard or PlayStation 3's XMB.
The PSN Premium Theme ($ 1.99) has a rotating selection of the game's official artwork, including the trio pictured above as well 13 additional selections featuring Michael, Franklin, Trevor and a few of their friends, family and acquaintances. PS3 fans can also now pick up any one of these 10 new PSN Avatars for $ 0.49/£0.21/€0.25 each.
Xbox 360 users can also theme their dashboard with background artwork of Blaine County, South Los Santos and Vinewood along with Friends slot vignettes of some notable locations like the Del Perro Pier, Paleto Forest and downtown Los Santos Ammu-Nation. This Xbox 360 dashboard theme is available for $ 2.99.
In case you missed it, Rockstar have posted a quick update on the state of GTA Online, including the GTA$ Stimulus Package that was promised. Read below for details on upcoming features and additions.
THE GTA$ STIMULUS PACKAGE
We know many of you are anxiously waiting for us to show you the GTA$ Stimulus Package money we announced a couple weeks back. As mentioned in that post, we of course want to ensure that game progress loss issues are sufficiently sorted before distributing the GTA$ to everyone. We have a few more tweaks and fixes to make in a new title update that will hit sometime next week and then we will distribute the cash.
THE BEACH BUM PACK
Coming in early November will be the first add-on content update, the Beach Bum Pack which will bring all-new beach themed vehicles and new weaponry that you’ll be able to use in both GTA Online and Story Mode. Plus new customization options for your GTA Online character including new tats, hairstyles and more. We’ll also be adding lots of brand new action-packed Jobs to play with Gang Attacks, Survivals, Last Team Standings, Parachutes, Deathmatches and Races that will have you bloodying up the waters and coastlines of the finest beach resorts across Los Santos and Blaine County.
THE CONTENT CREATOR
We are also working to bring you the debut of the first part of the GTA Online Content Creator this fall – giving players the ability to craft, publish, rate and play custom-made Deathmatch and Race Jobs. We’ll be keeping our eye open for exceptional ones that we’ll be stamping as ‘Rockstar Verified’ and will be featuring them here at the Newswire and as part of forthcoming GTA Online Social Club Events. Both the Content Creator and the Beach Bum Pack are free.
SOCIAL CLUB EVENT WEEKENDS
Starting in November will be the first Grand Theft Auto Online Social Club Event weekends which will bring special rewards and bonuses ranging from limited-edition in-game Event Crate Drops to in-game discount specials and even a special new GTA Online live-stream show hosted by Rockstar at the Social Club Events page and Rockstar Games Twitch page – plus prize pack giveaways of hard to find GTAV gear and more.
Stay tuned as we hope to have more information with more details and specific timings on these content updates as well as on GTA Online Heists and the new GTA Online Capture the Flag mode to share with you next week. We will also have initial details on more additional content coming for both Story Mode and GTA Online in the next few weeks.
As everyone is aware, the launch of GTA Online did not go as smoothly as we all hoped, thankfully though, Rockstar have been working around the clock to get all the issues straightened out. After three patches, things seem to be looking much, much better now, but by no means flawless.
Today, Rockstar have announced that they will be giving everyone who has played GTA Online this month a free GTA$ 500,000 bonus to their account, as an apology for not being able to handle the sheer popularity of the game. To maintain some sort of balance in the game with this huge injection of cash to everyone, Rockstar will be making two deposits of GTA$ 250,000 spread over a couple of weeks. There will also be a fourth patch released to facilitate the receipt of these additional funds, as well as to fix a few remaining connectivity issues.
- You must play or have played Grand Theft Auto Online at any time during the month of October 2013 in order to qualify for the GTA$ 500,000 deposit in your in-game bank account.
- Players will first have to install a forthcoming GTAV title update which we expect to happen next week. That title update (1.04) is expected to fix the remaining instances of issues that have caused vehicle purchase loss and will also enable the functionality through which we’ll be providing this GTA$ stimulus cash to players.
- We will announce at the Rockstar Newswire when each deposit is made.
- Each of the two GTA$ 250,000 deposits will be made by Rockstar and should automatically appear in the in-game GTA Online bank accounts of eligible players. Beyond downloading the forthcoming title update mentioned above, there should not be any additional special action required by eligible players to redeem.
Full details on the Newswire.
Some of our affiliates: