• Please log in to reply
534 replies to this topic

#41 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:56 PM

One arguement towards this is that not everything has to evolve. As in, just because ONE monkey turns into a human, doesn't mean the other one will be a human too.

But evolution is suppossed to be gradual, not a sudden change, so there had to have been a countless amount of monkeys all changing at the same time, so the new improved monkeys could mate. If that were true, the minority of monkeys would die out and the new and improved monkeys would take charge...but that hasn't happened.

Not if the minority of monkeys still had enough monkeys to continue breeding. Sort of like how humans vary in different areas of the world, depending on what they need((like skin color)).

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#42 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

I don't think atheist should celebrate religious holidays. GO GET YOUR OWN. If you want to celebrate it so much then become part of that religion. Don't tag along with the believers during our time.

I would think most believers would want them to. To pull them closer / find God.

Most people don't calibrate christmas as "christmas", but an oppertunity to get some prestents or just fun, nothing to do with Christ so it doesn't really bring them closer.

Edited by Jace, 19 January 2007 - 06:30 AM.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#43 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:22 PM

But evolution is suppossed to be gradual, not a sudden change, so there had to have been a countless amount of monkeys all changing at the same time, so the new improved monkeys could mate. If that were true, the minority of monkeys would die out and the new and improved monkeys would take charge...but that hasn't happened.

Not if the minority of monkeys still had enough monkeys to continue breeding. Sort of like how humans vary in different areas of the world, depending on what they need((like skin color)).

Actually it has happened. The apes that didn't evolve into humans are... apes. They kept on evolving, but not as much - they reached the point where they are now, and they will continue to evolve.

It's not a case of there being one species which ALL evolve into one other species etc - some of them have allele mutations which, when interbred, is evolution.

One thing I really hate about the pro-religion argument is "we can't explain YOUR theory so mine must be true". That's ridiculous - all it means is that it still has to be explained. If someone showed you a really fast computer, and you couldn't explain the technology then obviously that MUST mean that a God exists and had a son called Jesus etc etc etc - all it means is that you don't understand it and you probably don't want to. Maybe the truth is too much to handle...

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#44 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:15 PM

Can't remember where i heard it, but the only thing that enable humans to evolve to the way we are was via mutation. That is, the genes of a monkey deformed, causing its voice box to be lower on its body. This meant it could make a wider range of sounds (whicjh eventually changed into speech, meaning they could communicate more efficiently) So evrytime this certain monkey bred, each of its offspring would ahve the 'better' voicebox, thats why some chimps evolved and others didnt. Just somnething i heard a while back, maybe 1 or 2 years, just one of those thing i remebered, whilst on the subject iof monkeys evolving. :lolbounce:

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#45 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:31 PM

That's exactly how evolution has always worked for everything.

One fish genetically mutates to have stronger fins. When that fish mates with another, that allele gets passed onto the next generation (which can be a lot of fish). This happens a lot, and eventually loads of fish have this one mutation. This reoccurs over millions of years, and amongst many other mutations those strong fins eventually become legs for frogs etc.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#46 Jared

Jared

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,968 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:46 AM

I'm more 'on the fence' so to speak. I find it hard to believe with all the bad goings on in the world today that anyone of higher power exists. You would think if one would he would be stopping some of these things from happening. September 11th is a clear example, were as he that day? Dunno where I sit, so I'm just on the fence. I don't see it as something overly important to me, so it's not really something I think about much.

#47 K9 Krew

K9 Krew

Powaful Impak.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:47 AM

i Have'nt read the whole topic but is there any jew, budhest, muslims just for a question ??
the only main reliogon besides the cristian and catholic one i saw was jay d who was a hindu

Edited by KingGoliath-Wu Zi Mu, 19 January 2007 - 07:50 AM.

Posted Image
Signature Made By MrLlamaLlama

I LOVE HIP HOP, AUSSIE HIP HOP, RAP, GANGSTA RAP, UK RAP, AND LATINO RAP.

BUT I HATE CRUNK AND ALL THAT DUUUURTTY SOUTH BULLSHIT MUSIC FULL OF WHISTLES AND WITH WHICH EVERY RAPPERS NAME STARTS WITH LIL'.

I ALSO DISLIKE TUPAC BUT I DO LIKE A COUPLE OF HIS ALBUMS

#48 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:38 AM

I respect jews, I don't understand why lot's of people scould them...

And maybe 911 happend to start the war against terrorists or something or just make people aware of what is still going to happen.

just an idea.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#49 DeAtH

DeAtH

Bag Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Estonia 

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:22 PM

I don't believe any gods. But if people believe the god and it helps them some way i don't care but i don't like these killing religions.

#50 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:08 PM

i Have'nt read the whole topic but is there any jew, budhest, muslims just for a question ??
the only main reliogon besides the cristian and catholic one i saw was jay d who was a hindu

Keruri is a Pagan. Only, she's sort of not in this topic...

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#51 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 19 January 2007 - 07:32 PM

What is a Pagan? I never heard of it.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#52 QuickDeath

QuickDeath

Free-lancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Latvia 

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:12 PM

What is a Pagan? I never heard of it.

Pagan = atheist, which means that he is a person that doesn't believe in any gods at all and denies their existence.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Fighting for peace...Its like f*cking for virginity.

#53 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 19 January 2007 - 08:21 PM

Spaz said it's a other religion, and eitheist isn't a religion. So they deny the existence of a god but what do they then believe.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#54 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:46 PM

"The" means god (greek). The|ism is belief in god, a|the|ism is not believing in god. Simple.

Paganism is a pretty old religion (not a cult) where they worship the earth and things like that. Some see pagans as being a bit weird because they believe in spirits etc.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#55 QuickDeath

QuickDeath

Free-lancer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Latvia 

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:54 PM

"The" means god (greek). The|ism is belief in god, a|the|ism is not believing in god. Simple.

Paganism is a pretty old religion (not a cult) where they worship the earth and things like that. Some see pagans as being a bit weird because they believe in spirits etc.

Do pagans worship earth and stuff? Didnt know it. But earth and spirits could be some sort of god too.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Fighting for peace...Its like f*cking for virginity.

#56 Bear

Bear

"I just shot a bear" Sawyer LOST :)

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:22 PM

Stone Henge was a pagan monument. I dont know if anyone has heard of Sea Henge, it was a tree that was urned upside down so the roots were sticking out of the ground and it was in the sand. Now as it was by the sea an din the and it was gonna get destroyed pretty quickly. Now archeaologists had trouble with excavating this thing out so thye could keep it but pagans wanted it to stay where it was. the archeologists won as if they had left it then it would have been destroyed in days. the pagans believaed that it should have stayed where it was and that it was used for burial.

Posted Image

Forum Boss-Serious Chat ^_^

#57 Timmy Vermicceli

Timmy Vermicceli

Gods favourite creation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • United States 

Posted 20 January 2007 - 01:09 AM

From what I have read so far, Its very apparent that peoples beliefs vary greatly, thats no suprise. Even since the beggining of recorded history it has been like that.

I myself am not religious whatsoever, I am more spiritual. I remember when I was growing up I was somewhat religious, that is until eventually I was able to form my own thoughts and opinions.

I believe that if one chooses to grasp a certain belief and live by it, thats just fine, I mean , if what they are doing makes them live happily, why not continue doing it ?
Some may say " but those people are living in ignorance ", think about it, what makes your belief any more significant than anyone elses?

I have a question for the religions that revolve around the concept of satan and hell.
They say that God is extremely kind and merciful, whos love extends to the very ends of the universe, and that he is all knowing.
So if God can see your beggining and end like a script, why would he even place those people that are going to hell on earth anyways?, he is practicaly placing people on earth so that they can go to hell. What kind of loving God is that?
Posted Image

#58 draftermatt

draftermatt

Goon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • United States 

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:28 AM

I have a question for the religions that revolve around the concept of satan and hell.
They say that God is extremely kind and merciful, whos love extends to the very ends of the universe, and that he is all knowing.
So if God can see your beggining and end like a script, why would he even place those people that are going to hell on earth anyways?, he is practicaly placing people on earth so that they can go to hell. What kind of loving God is that?

"Abandon all hope yee who enter here" - "Those who enter cross over willingly"

Christianity teaches that you will not go to Hell as long as you don't think you will. God will forgive any sin as long as you ask for forgiveness and mean it. If you do not ask, or give up hope, then you will go to hell. God only punishes those who lose faith in Him.

So if you believe you will go to hell you will. God gives you free will to make your own decisions. That is the kind of loving God He is. He makes you forge your own path.
I'm older than most of you. Shut the hell up and get off my lawn.

#59 Timmy Vermicceli

Timmy Vermicceli

Gods favourite creation

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
  • United States 

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:09 AM

Christianity teaches that you will not go to Hell as long as you don't think you will. God will forgive any sin as long as you ask for forgiveness and mean it. If you do not ask, or give up hope, then you will go to hell. God only punishes those who lose faith in Him.

So if you believe you will go to hell you will. God gives you free will to make your own decisions. That is the kind of loving God He is. He makes you forge your own path.

Well you see, that doesnt really make sense. If your future is already written out in "Gods book", that means that "free will" is just an illusion, and that no matter what you do, you are condemned.
So no matter what you do, you would have already had a reservation for hell when you were born, and there is no changing it...thats what it written in "Gods book".

I just dont get how God says that all of of humanity has "free will".
These paradoxes are mainly the reasons why I left religion alone.
Posted Image

#60 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

From what I have read so far, Its very apparent that peoples beliefs vary greatly, thats no suprise. Even since the beggining of recorded history it has been like that.

I myself am not religious whatsoever, I am more spiritual. I remember when I was growing up I was somewhat religious, that is until eventually I was able to form my own thoughts and opinions.

I believe that if one chooses to grasp a certain belief and live by it, thats just fine, I mean , if what they are doing makes them live happily, why not continue doing it ?
Some may say " but those people are living in ignorance ", think about it, what makes your belief any more significant than anyone elses?

God gives you live and let's you choose how you live it in my eyes.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users