FireFox or Internet Explorer

K9 Krew

FireFox or Internet Explorer  

35 members have voted

1. 1. FireFox or Internet Explorer

• Internet Explorer
    • FireFox
    • Other

Well you see, I've never got attacked in quite a long time I'm using FF. When using IE, I get attacked as soon as I start surfing sites I don't have in my favourtes. I have a laptop, 256MB RAM and yeah, FF is slower but once it loads it's actually faster than IE who has to open a new window every time I open a different page. The my taskbar gets full very soon. Unlike with FF where you actually have tabs. Then again, I haven't got a singe pop up since I've installed FF. Unlike with IE.

I have a laptop which is too crappy for anything else other than interenet so I have all the stuff like LW, uTorrent, ICQ and some other stuff there. In my other PC, which is everything else I have only MSN and IE. I'm just too lazy to install FF there, but hey, it'll happen one day. The only reason I haven't done so yet (apart from my lazyness) is that I don't visit any sites there except a few in my favourites.

---------------------------

Oh yeah, 2k posts!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as Internet Explorer is the biggest internet server and firefox is second i just wanted to see who on The GTA Place used which one.

I use the Firefox server. I can't believe you can fit so many webpages into one server, and even have live forums, without filling more than 500mb

Firefox. Have to use both together when testing web designs and applications I make, I'm sure Chris will back me up hear when I has "there damn annoying in that regard". IE will render things differently to Firefox, and sometimes not at all. It can be a real pain, I tell ya :thumbsdown: .

well i did'nt say this but i use IE it's just a easy as all servers just have a good virus protection and your fine

@Chris82: maybe the person who had all those toolbars should know what he installs and read about what he's putting on his computer cuase all thosE programs you download of the internet all have that shit with it so i don't think anyone who uses IE here has that may toolbars that's just bullshit

i got the new version of the IE and its ugly, ill try to get a pic of it :P
Fire fox has better browsing and its just looks cooler, fire fox ftw.

One of the reasons I prefer IE is because I think it looks (way) better...

Do you know how many skins there are for Firefox? You can get skins that make it look identical to IE, I'd bet.

I tryed for like 3 minutes to install a skin but couldn't figure it out. Never bothered to look up what you should do though.. I didn't really care cause I found IE just easier to use and it has never ever given me any problems. And so long it doesn't I don't have any reason to switch to FF.

I tryed for like 3 minutes to install a skin but couldn't figure it out. Never bothered to look up what you should do though.. I didn't really care cause I found IE just easier to use and it has never ever given me any problems. And so long it doesn't I don't have any reason to switch to FF.

In all honesty, it's people like you that are keeping my Mozilla safer ^.^

But seriously, you just go to the main site, find the skins section, browse for one you like, and hit "Install". The rest is rather simple....

i got the new version of the IE and its ugly, ill try to get a pic of it :P
Fire fox has better browsing and its just looks cooler, fire fox ftw.

One of the reasons I prefer IE is because I think it looks (way) better...

Do you know how many skins there are for Firefox? You can get skins that make it look identical to IE, I'd bet.

You can even go further and get a plug-in that makes your browser component the IE one, so your sing firefox but the actually browser part (where the page loads) used IE's web browser component.

Why would that make FF safer?

and the file didn't have any install thing. It was a . [3 numbers here]

FILE? You don't download anything, dude..... Firefox's website has a skins directory.... The PAGES of the skins have an "INSTALL" button, not a download button..... You shouldn't be downloading anything. At all....

I use FF. Mostly because of all the advantages like the safe issues but also started using it when IE didn't support all the features like tabbed browsing and transparent png files.

Also, I used a copy thats made for a Mac so its especially nice since the buttons are shaped way cooler then the XP version.

• 1 month later...