Chris

Your Internet Speed

307 posts in this topic

@Steam: Amazing that means if you want to download like a gigabyte it would only take you 20 seconds. It would have been a dream come true for me lol really.

I'll try the test again, see what I get. My current speed right this second is 3.5Mbps:

466799077.png

SgtMike, that's one hell of a connection you got there. Fibreoptic, or just a good company?

EDIT: So yeah, it says over 6Mbps DL speed, but my connection has NEVER gone above 4Mbps. I guess it's because of my area I live in. I would LOVE to have Fibreoptic...

I have a real good ass company

480678613.png

480680283.png

The secone one be the recomended one the top be the one I usually pick

Edited by Sgt_Mike

Same at my uni. If you go in well early in the morning before any students get there we've got like 90MB out of it and same upload too. During the day its slow as hell though with hudreds, possibly thousands of students and staff using it, slows down to approximately 5mb connection :P

Anyway, I'm back home now and now have O2 Broadband, paying for 20Mb and had only been getting a maximum of 12 the past few days. Bordering on 15 now though so it's improving :)

486037338.png

^ nope.

Even the Australians don't have such a slow net.

@ SV: By dumb tests i mean when the speed will go up on a point where you've never seen it before, and it will go down for some moments until the DL speed test is finished.

My ISP is still Tiscali. These days, I'm usually getting 3.6 MBps from it, so it's not bad. I do have days when the connection stays completely error-free, which is great. Yesterday, it was on for 3 hours while I was working, and it was fast the whole time. My upload is still low, about half a meg. It's down to the area I live in. If I lived by the sea, I'd have fibre-optic definitely.

515828674.png

I win the prize for the slowest internet connection. And I pay $20 a month for that!

hi

i tried internet speed test

my download speed:1.09kbps

my upload speed:0.87kbps.