#1 rosenberg

rosenberg

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 03 December 2006 - 12:58 AM

So, the guy who gets killed in the initial bad drug deal in Vice City is supposed to be Vic? If it is it looks and sounds nothing like him. Am I missing something?

#2 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:01 AM

Yep, that was really him. And I dunno whatsup with the huge change, havn't played VCS.

#3 Wheelman101

Wheelman101

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,252 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 01:55 AM

thats cool how VSC tells about the lead up to the big ambush in the VC beginning

Posted Image

hurr De Durr.

#4 mvi

mvi

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 03 December 2006 - 02:34 AM

Technically he's not specified. He's merely a brother of Lance Vance. Out of consistancy (and yes the accents and appearance discrepencies between VC and VCS are being ignored,) it is common sense to assume he is Vic.

#5 tommy vercetti guy

tommy vercetti guy

Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,781 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:23 PM

Yes, the guy that got killed in the VC intro was Victor. Why does he look so dofferent from VC and VCS? R* never knew that Victor was going to be the main playable character in a GTA game 4 years from now. They made him look differnt in VCS because they knew people wouldn't want to play as a short fat guy (as how Victor looked in VC) but instead would want to play as a normal height with medium built guy (how Victor looked like in VCS). This also happened to Toni from 3 and LCS.

Edited by tommy vercetti guy, 03 December 2006 - 07:26 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:28 PM

Yeah just a little mistake R* made nothing else. Although it could've been
Spoiler
But I doubt it, probably was just R* not thinking about the future.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#7 rosenberg

rosenberg

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 09 December 2006 - 06:56 PM

This also happened to Toni from 3 and LCS.

No it didnt. The difference wasnt that extreme. He still talked the same and acted the same and had the same face. It didnt look like a completely different person all together

#8 tommy vercetti guy

tommy vercetti guy

Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,781 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

This also happened to Toni from 3 and LCS.

No it didnt. The difference wasnt that extreme. He still talked the same and acted the same and had the same face. It didnt look like a completely different person all together

In GTA3 he was overweight and short
Posted Image

#9 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:38 PM

In GTa 3, toni was shorter and fatter than in LCS, but to cover this up, rockstar had many characters mock toni about not eating right and looking to this and pasty.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#10 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 01:58 AM

Personally, I think it was
Spoiler
that was killed in that drug deal, but I don't know. I don't work at R* North.

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#11 tommy vercetti guy

tommy vercetti guy

Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,781 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:03 AM

It was Vic that was killed. This is just like the "omg lolz tommeh varcetty iz in VCS!!!1!one11!!" topic that GTA not a master made. I shove all the fatcs down your throats but then you end up just spitting it back out.
Posted Image

#12 Harwood Butcher

Harwood Butcher

The Harwood Butcher

• Banned
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:58 AM

In GTa 3, toni was shorter and fatter than in LCS, but to cover this up, rockstar had many characters mock toni about not eating right and looking to this and pasty.

Actually Toni was really tall in GTA III. Just use the Liberty Studio mod and the Liberty City Mod for VC and spawn Toni...hes tall. You just always seen him sitting down and he seemed short to you.

It was Vic that was killed. This is just like the "omg lolz tommeh varcetty iz in VCS!!!1!one11!!" topic that GTA not a master made. I shove all the fatcs down your throats but then you end up just spitting it back out.

Actually I was pointing out the possibility. You really need to shut up about that.

Edited by Original GTA Master, 10 December 2006 - 02:59 AM.

#13 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 09:51 PM

Yeah that is kinda getting annoying. Anyway, I agree with TVG R* made Vic so he wasn't appealable to people in VC and wouldn't drag away attention from Tommy. If SAS is made (which I bet it will) I wonder which character they are going to use (if they make a recurring character which I also bet they will as they have done with LCS and VCS) and how much they are going to change. Or it could be a brand new character like Brian Johnson (the other Johnson brother). Gonna stop now before I go too much off topic.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#14 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 10:35 PM

Brian Johnson was 15 when he was killed. Hmm, it doesn't feel right hijacking cars when you're not even old enough to have a driver's license. With SAS, I'm thinking more along the lines of Cesar.

That's a funny idea, though. Playing Brian when the most he could do is tag walls and steal bikes.....Bully 2, maybe?

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#15 Dazza

Dazza

Life might get you down, so kill yourself!

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:51 AM

THat would be funny. Yet i do hope its Pete that was killed coz i like Vic but as R* said its Vic

[url="http://"z10.invisionfree.com/twilightintoxication""]Posted Image[/url]
Do not click the flames, it'll burn you.

#16 rosenberg

rosenberg

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 11 December 2006 - 11:31 PM

In GTA3 he was overweight and short

yes i realize that. I'm not saying he doesnt look at all different from gta3. It's normal for people to lose and gain weight over time. There is a three year difference between the two games of course his appearance changed as is bound to happen with anyone. its beleivable, you can still tell it's him. What I'm saying is that the person in Vice City as opposed to VCS looked different, acted different, had a completely different body type and all toghether persona and voice. It was as if it is an entirely different person thats what im saying. I never said that Toni looked identical to himself in gta3.

#17 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:11 AM

You do make a good point. But it is highly unlikely that it was Pete or anyone else for that matter. Because no one else was involved in The Vance Crime Family except for Vic and Lance. Plus
Spoiler
Plus on the official Vice City website it says it was Vic (or so I hear, I'm gonna check it out now) so just accept the fact that he died. Just a bit of a shocker but not all stories end "happily ever after".

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#18 Dazza

Dazza

Life might get you down, so kill yourself!

• Members
  • 2,516 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 12 December 2006 - 04:15 AM

Yea i spose but its still sad

[url="http://"z10.invisionfree.com/twilightintoxication""]Posted Image[/url]
Do not click the flames, it'll burn you.

#19 JoeyJoeJoeson.

JoeyJoeJoeson.

"74261700027" (StuntX)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:28 PM

By that do you mean you're upset that a character of a game died?
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:27 AM

Just a bit, if it were another character like a side one it wouldn't matter at all. But since it was the main one (Vic) it shocked a lot of people and that's why they lead to all these crazy speculations. Some could be true though.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users