Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#22 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:11 PM

Erm... what exactly is an "SLR"? It makes me think of.. Mercedes-Benz.

#23 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:47 PM

but he could do that, couldn't he.

You stated "with the remaining money". He won't have remaining money, he doesn't have the money to begin with.

And did you suggest the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren? WOW DUDE. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO PAY f***IN' ATTENTION.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#24 Righty

Righty

*lurks*

• Elite Members
  • 1,962 posts
  • United States 

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:29 AM

If you want something cheap, reliable and easy to work on ... no one is going to like this ... but get a fast american family sedan.

Grand Prix GTP, Taurus SHO, Buick Regal S/C, Grand Am GT. Parts for these cars are cheaper and much more common and they are easier to work on. There are loads more american cars (that got wrapped around a telephone pole or t-boned or something) than jap cars. With the exception of the Taurus SHO, the cars I listed have pushrod engines which are much simpler to work on.

If you want something cheap, reliable and easy to work on ... no one is going to like this ... but get a fast american family sedan.

Grand Prix GTP, Taurus SHO, Buick Regal S/C, Grand Am GT. Parts for these cars are cheaper and much more common and they are easier to work on. There are loads more american cars (that got wrapped around a telephone pole or t-boned or something) than jap cars. With the exception of the Taurus SHO, the cars I listed have pushrod engines which are much simpler to work on.

#25 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:58 PM

I like the grand-am idea. But to get a new one (which would be the nicer looking body style) would be a pretty good amount. My friend DID get a 99? for about 3500 though.. so.. hm. Thanks for the suggestion.

#26 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:05 PM

I <3 the '89 Taurus SHO. That bitch will HAUL ASS. But it's a pain in the ass to keep it up and it SUCKS on gas mileage.

Just so you know.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#27 Righty

Righty

*lurks*

• Elite Members
  • 1,962 posts
  • United States 

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:16 AM

89 Taurus SHO MTX for the win! Unfortunately the 96 and up V8 SHOs kinda had cams that kinda spun off :erm:

A friend (I use the term loosely) has an 00 or 01 Grand Am GT with the 3400HO OHV engine. He claims it does 0-60 in 7 or 8 seconds and that my car should be able to keep up with it.

http://miller88.homeip.net/0-60.mpg I'm still trying to figure out how that's 7 or 8 seconds.

#28 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 01:57 AM

I just want to get a quick word in right quick. Most American sedans suck! Quick word over.

Get the RX-7. And blackmail Spaz into tuning it for you, Skyline.

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#29 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:35 AM

I just want to get a quick word in right quick. Most American sedans suck! Quick word over.

Get the RX-7. And blackmail Spaz into tuning it for you, Skyline.

Heh, I need the room horribly. I've been thinking about an older bimmer (mid 90s)... cost out the ass parts and labor though. One of those or an SUV. Sports car wouldn't be exactly... practical, nor would the BMW... but. Either would the SUV.

And I don't think Spaz is really an RX-7 tech. :P

Maybe I should just go with a luxery sedan or something. :mellow:

#30 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 02:53 AM

What, like an 80s Mercedes or something? Those are pretty good luxery cars.

#31 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 15 December 2006 - 11:45 PM

What, like an 80s Mercedes or something? Those are pretty good luxery cars.

90s dude. I'm sure the parts for 80s would cost a lot more and I'd have to go way farther to actually get it worked on. Or do it myself and spend hour after hour on it.

#32 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:32 AM

If anything, don't get a 86' Toyota Corisca. My older brother flipped his and we couldn't salvage the parts because the car is so rare.

#33 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 01:47 AM

If anything, don't get a 86' Toyota Corisca. My older brother flipped his and we couldn't salvage the parts because the car is so rare.

Never heard of that. The Toyota Corollas or something of that year are pretty rare. Or atleast a certain trim level of it. It's in Initial D(?) stuff I think. I've been looking at some American cars.. and I've found some beasts. Like a Chevy Caprice or Ford Crown Victoria. Boats of a car, and have some power. Boat = room.

#34 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:05 PM

Matter of fact, also don't consider a Chevolet Caviler. My mom wrecked one when she was pregnant with my little brother.

Yeah, my entire family sucks at driving. Go with the Caprice, I guess.

EDIT: Yep, it was a 1986 Corsica. I thought he was getting a Celica, but I was wrong.

Edited by TEC 9, 16 December 2006 - 07:06 PM.

#35 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 11:58 PM

Matter of fact, also don't consider a Chevolet Caviler. My mom wrecked one when she was pregnant with my little brother.

Yeah, my entire family sucks at driving. Go with the Caprice, I guess.

EDIT: Yep, it was a 1986 Corsica. I thought he was getting a Celica, but I was wrong.

Heh. Don't worry, I won't. My cousin gary (and his 400 pound wife) had one. It was a pos. I dunno if it was just the ~700 pound weight in it, but yeah. I think most of my family is good at driving. Or atleast my uncles.. they've had some crazy stories.

I've still got an abuncdance of time left, contradictorary to what I said before. Mid 90s Beamers seem pretty cool. Especially 3 series. The service fees would be heavy though.

#36 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:01 AM

I'd like me an 80s Mercedes, IMO. Then again, I've played Vice City way too much. But those things look so damn cool! I like the angular look.

BTW, an 86' Corsica looks similar to a mid-80s 4-door Mercedes sedan.

#37 Mike356

Mike356

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 12:08 AM

the evo is the best
Posted Image

#38 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 06:53 AM

Jesus Christ, do people even read the first post anymore? WE AIN'T TALKING ABOUT ANY GODDAMN EVOS. What we are talking about right now is Skyline's new car, which he's considering a 90s BMW, and how bad my family sucks at driving.

#39 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 02:49 PM

Jesus Christ, do people even read the first post anymore? WE AIN'T TALKING ABOUT ANY GODDAMN EVOS. What we are talking about right now is Skyline's new car, which he's considering a 90s BMW, and how bad my family sucks at driving.

Heh, the 3 series is what I'm mostly interested in. 328i's and stuff. There was two 95 Convertables in there for like.. 7 grand. Not too bad if it's been properly maintained and such. Traction Control would be a nice feature :D

Almost hit this car at 45 MPH ....while it was stopped... woo. It was quite a scare.

#40 TR Jason X

TR Jason X

Headhunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  •    England 

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:04 PM

Nissan: 300ZX

Posted Image

Number One Call Of Duty 4 Sniper On Xboxlive

0 user(s) are reading this topic