• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#1 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 07:51 PM

Alright, so. My grandparents being the great people they are, have offered to buy me a car early so I can work on and even drive it some as I've got my permit. I like 80s and early 90s sports cars.. so anything from around there. And ofcourse, doesn't cost out of the ass. Heh. Price range is in around 5 - 6000 dollars. I don't want a Mustang or Camaro, much too common. This car will probably see the track and drag strip and still be a daily driver. No eco-boxes, please. (:

So far I have..

Nissan

180SX
240SX
300ZX
Silvia S13

Mazda

Rx7
Mx5(Miata)

Toyota

MR2
Celica GT-Four
MKIII Supra

Toyota

Evo3

I'll edit this when new ideas come in

Edit: All linked to pictures so far. (:

#2 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:11 PM

It depends how much you wanna spend but out of the pick you have just mentioned id take teh toyota celica. It is the most sportiest IMO

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#3 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 08:19 PM

It depends how much you wanna spend but out of the pick you have just mentioned id take teh toyota celica. It is the most sportiest IMO

Heh. There's advantages and disadvantages to all of them.. the fastest, I think, would be the Rx-7 (86 - 91) because of the weight and power. I don't want a Ford Mustang, I don't like their looks and so many people have them. Same with Chevrolet Camaros.. I drive one (almost) everyday.. and it's just, too large.

#4 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:18 PM

rx7. deffinetly. It's got style. But really, if you won't idea's you should give a price range.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#5 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:21 PM

rx7. deffinetly. It's got style. But really, if you won't idea's you should give a price range.

Fixed.. yeah, it's not gonna be an FD (93 - 02?) , waaay too expensive. The only problem I have with them is the fact they only have two seats.

#6 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:25 PM

forgot about that. yest, it's kindda unpractical. What about a volkswagen passat. now it's not the most speedy car but it's practical.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#7 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:30 PM

I like 80s and early 90s sports cars.. so anything from around there. And ofcourse, doesn't cost out of the ass. Heh. Price range is in around 5 - 6000 dollars

I'll be heading to the strip and track. No street racing.. streets are littered with cops out here. Something that looks good, and has some speed. Thanks for the suggestion though.. I think.. I'm gonna add these to my first post.

#8 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:13 PM

a bit pimped supra perhaps. It's still a 2 door. I don't really know fast 4 door cars. The ones I do know are above 20 000

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#9 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,941 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:35 PM

Too narrow down your choices to one from each manufacturer I'd say:

Nissan: 300ZX
Mazda: Rx7
Toyota: Supra

And then out of those three, I would probably go for the RX7 myself.

#10 JoeyJoeJoeson.

JoeyJoeJoeson.

"74261700027" (StuntX)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 10:43 PM

Try and get an original Mitsubishi Evo3(Cheap) , or a 98' Subaru Impreza (Not so cheap)..... either that or the Rx7. Maybe an mx5 ?

Edited by StuntX, 02 December 2006 - 10:44 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 11:48 PM

Too narrow down your choices to one from each manufacturer I'd say:

Nissan: 300ZX
Mazda: Rx7
Toyota: Supra

And then out of those three, I would probably go for the RX7 myself.

Heh, I'm trying to widen my choices. Then look at all the cars I've gotten suggested, and narrow them down based on power to weight ratios and array of mods available / cost efficientcy. Thanks for the suggestions so far guys.

btw, two door is fine. even if it has a tiny backseat (MKIII Supra anyone?) it's something to ride my bitchass friends in. :D

#12 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 05:58 AM

Go for the Supra. That thing ought to haul ass.

And if you wanted to, you could always customize it to look like the one from the first Fast the the Furious.

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#13 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 04:42 PM

Go for the Supra. That thing ought to haul ass.

And if you wanted to, you could always customize it to look like the one from the first Fast the the Furious.

Heh. I'm gonna link the cars to pictures.. this would be a MKIII Supra. Not an MKIV like from TF&TF

#14 Kitsune Inferno

Kitsune Inferno

Harbinger of Ownage

• Members
  • 5,197 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 06:05 PM

Oh, do you mean the Supra from mid 80s to early 90s? Eh, I wasn't paying much attention.

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm new here. Don't piss me off and we'll be fine. :D

Aw, my first post. You may call it "arrogant". I prefer "foreshadowing".

#15 Spooner

Spooner

"I want whatever he's on"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • United States 

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:37 AM

It's between the Celica and that Supra. The Evo is nice but I prefer a coupe over a sadan any day....just go with the Supra. Depends on the $$ your grandparents are willing to spend. But yeah definitely the Supra.
-JACK

#16 2pac_thug_4_life

2pac_thug_4_life

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 04:12 AM

Nissan Skyline, best car to drive in my opinion
Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,923 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:40 PM

Did you even read my post and the ones after? :mellow: Anyways, I think I've come (mostly) down to the Celica and Nissans. Celica for the snow, it's AWD. And Nissan (180SX, 240SX..) for the sheer lightness of the cars. Still open to any suggestions though, still have a few more days until I really need to get a list wrote up.

#18 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 01:32 AM

You're stupid. On top of that, I highly doubt you own, or even drove a Skyline before. I doubt you could even attempt to afford one.

I'd say the RX-7 or the Evo. I looked at the picture of the Evo, I kind of like how it looks. Wouldn't mind riding around in it with you((because your bitch ass is coming and seeing me! :bleh: )).

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#19 Jace

Jace

Capo

• Elite Members
  • 5,871 posts
  • Netherlands 

Posted 05 December 2006 - 07:14 AM

slr, but if that's to high I stick to my choice of the rx7, that must be the best one. ANd with the remaining money you can tune it.

slr, but if that's to high I stick to my choice of the rx7, that must be the best one. ANd with the remaining money you can tune it.

Posted Image

Courtesy to Connor

#20 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:03 PM

I don't think they are going to tune it for him, too. They are just buying him a car.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users