D:\data3.cab ?

spencer

i think i messed sumthing up!!!....i downloaded about 10 car modes using SAMI and wen i went to play it wouldnt work (which now i know, from looking through bullitins all day that i need a downgrade) but wen my game wasnt working i decided to delete everything that had something to do with gta:sa....and now wen i try to install the game i keep getting a message like this:

Feature: Grand Theft Auto: Sanandreas Game data.

Component: Models

File: D:\data3.cab

Error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

PLEACE SOMEONE HELP :( I HAVE BEEN LOOKING THROUGH BULLITINS SCINCE 4:00 AND STILL HAVNT FOUND ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP ME...I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY HELP

You can't pass crc. It occurs when the disk is damaged. Try cleaning it with some alcohol, it works if it's dirty. If it's scratched, you'll have to get a new one.
Is that the only time CRC cant pass...What if a file is missing? would he get a different error?

You can't pass crc. It occurs when the disk is damaged. Try cleaning it with some alcohol, it works if it's dirty. If it's scratched, you'll have to get a new one.
Ohhh ok i see well i do know that for what ever reason the data the pc is reading is not matching lol..at any rate maybe he will find some info or something to post back se we can help or he can help himself.. Edited by Rakim

Ohhh ok i see well i do know that for what ever reason the data the pc is reading is not matching lol..at any rate maybe he will find some info or something to post back se we can help or he can help himself..

thanx for trying to help but i tryed everthing i can possibly think of there are no scratches its a brand new disk....is there a possibility that the D:\data.cab file could b messed up or sumthing....it was working fine until i down loaded mods and they wouldnt work because i hav the v2....i deleted everything and never took the disk out but wene i tryed to reinstall it..the game would stop installing a little more than half way through...please help

thanx for trying to help but i tryed everthing i can possibly think of there are no scratches its a brand new disk....is there a possibility that the D:\data.cab file could b messed up or sumthing....it was working fine until i down loaded mods and they wouldnt work because i hav the v2....i deleted everything and never took the disk out but wene i tryed to reinstall it..the game would stop installing a little more than half way through...please help

Ok well what i can suggest is this you need to find out what you did to screw it up so bad that is an obvious statement...But what i can also suggest is a software that you can use to pull back anything you deleted recently..then you just recover your files back and then just uninstall the right way...then you should be good..other wise you are stuck to try to find out what happend..now as far as your disk being changed(delted a file) that is highly unlikely as retail disks are "locked" (read only) blah blah blah in other words you can take files off unless its not a retail disk in which case even then the disk would have to be left with an open session during the write process in order to alter it later. As Slayer said it could be a disk read error..or as i said you deleted something you needed if i were you i would reboot check the add or remove list to be sure that it is gone then try to reinstall again and i would also check in the registry using regedit command from within the run dialog box found in your start menu then search the registry for any rockstar keys etc in there since as you said that you have already delelted them there should not be any left and if there are you should get them out as they should have been removed during a proper uninstall..Considering you said you cleaned all of that stuff out you should have no rockstar keys left and if there are they should not be there. It just seems that the typical reasons that i have seen people get these CRC errors are because of faulty data or a miscommunication of checksums (file sizes etc) from source to destination ie: file to PC. usually not a major concern but if what you say is correct as far as the original disk being in good shape no scratches etc and there are no read errors from there then you are left with a machine issue..BUT still review the questions i asked earlier and then reply back. were you using a nocd patch & a virtual drive some people do that so they dont ruin their originals disks..i mean you have to give us as much info as you can.I want to help you man just as much as you wnat to be helped... :D