whats ur fav island?

favorite island  

84 members have voted

1. 1. wich is your favorite island?

• Portland
    • Staunton
    • shoreside vale

GTAspotter    0

I voted shoreside vale because of the big safehouse (its actualy a safehouse, big garage, the porter tunnel makes island traveling from one end to another a breeze, the mysterious 'upstate' and i like the airport aswell

Also the lift bridge is fun because i like to take a land stalker onto the middle bit and wait for it to go up then push cars of then drive off myself :clapping:

Earthbound    0

You've got to love Portland. Nothing beats it. It's dark and depressing, the perfect setting for any Shoot 'em up and Kill 'em all type game.

Rockstar have yet to recreate the vibe that Portland gave. And they probably never will.

Ivan    20
You've got to love Portland. Nothing beats it. It's dark and depressing, the perfect setting for any Shoot 'em up and Kill 'em all type game.

Rockstar have yet to recreate the vibe that Portland gave. And they probably never will.

X2

I loved the dark feel.

BlackListedB    86

For me, it's a closer tie between Portland and Staunton in this one than it was for GTA 3, mostly because in this game, you don't have to watch your back for Shotgun-wielding Mafiosi.

I'd say those mafia henchman make the game terribly difficult once you've cut ties working for them, they get a weapons upgrade that is truly lethal! I don't have a favorite since for me, the more the marrier, but I do like progressing into the city more then I did where you start out, true of most all GTAs in fact! Taking it all in with GTA V is a true pleasure.

If I were running Rockstar Games' projects, for sure I think I'd try and celebrate 15 or 20 years since GTA III with a revision of that game completely using the modern gaming tools available, it's so hard to enjoy because of it's antiquated tech and design, programming, etc. I think most die hard fans and even new, young GTA fans would revisit GTA III with a complete revamped graphics, AI, and control backbone

^Good thing I kept that bulletproof Patriot, because I can drive around at my leisure. :innocent:

As for the topic, Shoreside Vale for me mostly due to the wooded areas, best safehouse, and common spawning of Cartel Crusers, my favorite vehicle of the GTA III Era.

Nate10    41

If I were running Rockstar Games' projects, for sure I think I'd try and celebrate 15 or 20 years since GTA III with a revision of that game completely using the modern gaming tools available, it's so hard to enjoy because of it's antiquated tech and design, programming, etc. I think most die hard fans and even new, young GTA fans would revisit GTA III with a complete revamped graphics, AI, and control backbone

Wow lol. I still play GTA III, VC, and SA happily.

Wow lol. I still play GTA III, VC, and SA happily.

As do I. Hell, there are games on Atari and NES I'd still play if I had working consoles. I still have yet to beat the E.T. game... XD

Edited by Spartan198