GTA-Place

888ball

It does indeed. I believe that Qdeathstar of gta-sanandreas.com and gta-four.net owns that.

tut tut....copying my ideas, firstly using 'four' the word instead of the number 4 in the domain, and then using my sites actual name.

Still it's not trademarked so he's free to do that. It just shows a complete lack of imaginiation on his part, and depending on the naivity of visitors they may look down on him for his plagiaristic antics, or may not realise he hasn't come up with any unique ideas himself.

If he steals any of my content though then I can take legal action and he would be forced to remove it or have his site closed down by his host... but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

Best case scenario is he fails at GTA websites and the domain expires and then I'll just buy it and redirect it here. ^_^

Lol some people are stupid. The worst I've seen is when I saw that GTAWh.com had a page on their site that's copied from gtaportable.com. It was seen on my site during the early stages of the LCS pre-game: http://www.gtawh.com/lcs/features.php

What happened was some GTA fan site emailed me and said that they want to affiliate and that he wrote that page. Lol, how stupid. Copies my content, publish it on a popular website, then want to affliate using an unknown one.

• 2 months later...

Okay, 2 posts in a row. SO WHAT :evil::evil: ...anyways, chris wont answer, coz he already answered in msn, oh ya lil creep! i wont let you get away with it!

As i predicted, all knowing and all mighty tagg knew hes answer already, which ended up beeing.

""'lol well actually there is already a topic about it ""

Now people, for every person that answers, i want 500$ from you. i betted your money, you owe me 500$. To help you guys make it easier, Direct link to send me the 500$

oh and after i told chris to say that in here, of course he refused, what an ungrateful son of a bitch...and again, he sent me a link of that post to rub in my face that thing he had just said.

AND AGAIN, i dont get any thanks, even for trying to help

:thumbsdown::pissed: THIS GTA PLACE SUCKS :pissed::thumbsdown:

WHY i posted that... COZ OF THIS!

and after all, he did answer...but do you see ANY THANK YOU in there?! NOO

ACTUALLY, I've seen HILARIOUS rips while at GTAWH. Someone created a website that was a carbon-copy of GTAWH, but in a free web type of host thing. He even left the copyrights in it. And then there was that free message board that even used the banner. And each 'admin' or whatever had a different GTAWH banner as their signature((you know, how most GTA sites change banners for each section? yeah. Each guy had a different one as his sig XD)).

It was so effin' hilarious.

Wooo.

If anything, extremely stupid direct-rips provide a bit of amusement when nothing is happening. Especially when the little kid's friends are telling them how awesome their site is...

FOR CHRIS :

Your still a dumbass....they dont have a reputation to lose, but YOU DO... if they screw up, people will say 'ya gtaplace this, gtaplace that' and then they check this site and they immediately assume its the same one...so just tell them to change the freaking name or something...i would love to see another site screw up yours, and although that would make my year worth living through, hahaha, it would still be a lil lil lil lil tiny minuscule piece of me that would be sad.... :bleh:

Edited by Tagg

ya we talked about it with chris, im just a lil bored you know...jesus, come on, give me a break...i should like be able to spam every forums by now.

but anyways, im done complicating chris' life...from now on, till i had enough, ill be a good member... like always :lolbounce:

And why would i like that...BECAUSE youve worked so much on it, and like i left my site, so you are the only left...lol, and afterall the pain u went through, would be hilarious to see all go down and f*** up...coz of a lil site, hahahaha dont you think?! not that i want that to happen, coz then i would feel guilty and i would end up helping you rebuild...which would be lots of work...and i dont want work now, i want peace and quiet

Edited by Tagg

No Tagg I really do not think it would be funny, and what the hell are you talking about "the pain I went through". I haven't got a clue what you mean by this.

You need to stop acting like you're some kind of legend and can get away with anything, because you can't. You can't just randomly come back to my forums and start spamming, posting multiple topics about some site whose ripped my name. You can abide by the rules like everyone else.

Most people find out why it's not a good idea to piss me off, especially when I'm in a shitty mood like today. Hence the blockage on MSN. Also stop asking me for points, you said you don't care about them, and also that you aren't going to be in a gang. Stop being a tool, or you can just leave these forums.

zI dont think he copied it at all. I mean, GTA Place is like, a very common name.

Well not really. It's a common word, but you don't see two GTAGamings, or two PlanetGTA's, or two GTA Warehouses for example.

@Tagg - A websites reputation, nor a webmasters reputation, isn't going to be affected because someone ripped a website name. It is clearly not going to happen. When it comes down to it, GTA-Place.com is always going to be viewed as an average fansite with a ripped name while TheGTAPlace.com has already been established as one of the premire GTA resources on the internet.

I mean, when it comes down to the core, people could care less about the website name, as long as the website has quality content. I mean, the only content on GTA-Place right now are PHP error messages.

I'm sure that Chris is shaking in fear because a site that doesn't even have a working CMS is going to "take his site" down.

Tagg, your latest post has to be the dumbest thing I've read since, well, the post you made before that.

Agreed. Nobody seriously cares about the lesser fansites nowadays anyway.

http://www.thegtaplace.com/gtasiteranks.php (most trafficked gta *domains*)

Note the difference in sheer popularity between this site (2) and their site (204).

Ok so Alexa isn't very accurate at measuring traffic, but it just demonstrates the point. I really could not care less if they use our name, it's not going to affect me nor the site itself.

Jaruff why you coming all aggresive on me now eh? whats your problem!!! lol

And chris, dont you start treating me like shit, (ur other long post) i know you in a bad mood and all that crap and thats why you talking like that, but im serious, dont give me that shit...and hum, i aint spamming the site, u gave me the idea to show that gtaplace error here and i did, okay i didnt know about this topic, ma bad...but dont start accusing me of spamming! :huh:

Ok. but I reckon you'll be getting many more visitors after you complete the gang system and djbob (Yeah I went to Invisonize!) comletes the fixes to the IBStore. Just recently ive noticed a few more members being online...around 9ish you get about 23-24 members online at peak.