#1 Jaruff

Jaruff

Glock 18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:02 PM

Chris, I suggested this in another topic in another forum here but I think you should activate e-mail validation.

Then either an Administrator could validate all new users or that user would have to have a valid e-mail address to validate.

May keep some of these damn spammers out.

http://gtaboards.net || http://bullyforums.com

Want to win a free copy of Vice City Stories and / or Bully? Click the links above.

#2 zimoo

zimoo

zimoo, not zimmo <_<

• Elite Members
  • 1,056 posts
  •    England 

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:06 PM

Well good idea but if these people are sad enough to keep on signing up and posting then I'm sure they'll be sad enough to go and create loads of phony email accounts
Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Jaruff

Jaruff

Glock 18

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • United States 

Posted 14 May 2004 - 05:00 PM

Chris has said he already has that but what if he made it so he had to activate all the accounts and not the member.

http://gtaboards.net || http://bullyforums.com

Want to win a free copy of Vice City Stories and / or Bully? Click the links above.

#4 smartboy4

smartboy4

Right-Hand Man

• Elite Members
  • 981 posts
  • Singapore 

Posted 15 May 2004 - 12:40 AM

just ignore the 'spammers' if they dont spam . But if they do , just keep banning their account lol

I lost my sig picture (2004)

#5 crazychicken17

crazychicken17

Wheelman

• Elite Members
  • 435 posts
  •    England 

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:11 AM

'Admin validation' is incredibly annoying. If the admin is, say, on holiday, new members wotn be able to post for a week after they register. Plus, Chris wont be able to tell whther they're Pagan and Spaz until they start posting; they'll have different IPs and emials every time.

Hey, Smartboy, what font is used in your sig; where could I go about downloading it?
I play City of Heroes. You should too.
Trust me. It rocks.

My FanFic, the Vercetti Gang, is awesome: Read it.

#6 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 09:14 AM

thats actually a good point, i cant actually tell who they are, usually they use emails which are obviously themselves but its not fair if it was a normal member

#7 biggamer132

biggamer132

Head of forum organized crime

• Elite Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:27 AM

'Admin validation' is incredibly annoying. If the admin is, say, on holiday, new members wotn be able to post for a week after they register. Plus, Chris wont be able to tell whther they're Pagan and Spaz until they start posting; they'll have different IPs and emials every time.

Hey, Smartboy, what font is used in your sig; where could I go about downloading it?

Ryu made him that sig, remember?

E-mail validation would be good...if there was always an administrator online.

#8 Righty

Righty

*lurks*

• Elite Members
  • 1,962 posts
  • United States 

Posted 17 May 2004 - 01:35 AM

the thing where you have to get an emial to register is checked right now

#9 The One The Only

The One The Only

Shoplifter

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:07 PM

You say i have no life for continously coming back. But in reality, you guys have no life because you are obsessed with a fuckin online message board. How about you get a life and a sense of humor and we can forget about everything? No? Who cares i have a bunch of email addresses, when i run out, i just make another. No biggy.

#10 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:25 PM

You say i have no life for continously coming back. But in reality, you guys have no life because you are obsessed with a fuckin online message board. How about you get a life and a sense of humor and we can forget about everything? No? Who cares i have a bunch of email addresses, when i run out, i just make another. No biggy.

uh NO. We only run the place, we aren't obsessed with it.

You are the only person here who is obsessed with it, otherwise you wouldnt keep coming back would you?

We all have lives (hence the fact we aren't trying to post here 24/7)
Most of us have a sense of humour (hence the people laughing at you)
We can't just simply forget that you spammed every single day and now want to come back
and I don't think anyone cares you have a 'bunch of email addresses' why do you ask?

EDIT: Just checked the validation thing and Spas has created 3 accounts in the past hour!
You really are the only one obsessed with the forums you moron

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users