Can someone please help!

mswpower

i've added some vehicles to the GTA3.IMG file located on the ps2 dvd.

repackaged it using the GENERATOR APP and the game will always freeze when i get near a moded vehicle. i realized i did not complete the mod because if had to modify the Vehicle.ide, carmods.dat, carcols.dat and the handling.dat which is called handling.cfg for the ps2.

i noticed after Appling all the necessary updates to these file, the game would get half what through

the loading process at the beginning of the game and then stop. i noticed the data does not line up

with the original date in the file (moded text versus original text in file).

my next step will is to try to allocate all data in the correct column probably utilizing the ultimate editor.

if anyone has helpful information i would greatly appreciate it.

Edited by mswpower

Well, it's obvious that you either messed some values while placing them into the right file or you didn't add files to the gta3.img one by one and rebuilt the archive afterwards. Or maybe the mods have bugs that freeze your game, maybe they aren't capable to go on PS2, dunno. Maybe you could give us a list of mods you used.

Well, it's obvious that you either messed some values while placing them into the right file or you didn't add files to the gta3.img one by one and rebuilt the archive afterwards. Or maybe the mods have bugs that freeze your game, maybe they aren't capable to go on PS2, dunno. Maybe you could give us a list of mods you used.

i used mods from the other gta site

i used IMGTOOL.EXE to edit the .IMG file, a notepad to edit the .DAT file, the GENERATOR to get the .iml file and IML2ISO to get the iso.

"http://gta-sanandreas.com/downloads/pafiledb.php?action=category&id=1"

just wanted to know if anyone at this forum has succesfully moded a ps2 game.

Edited by mswpower