#1 Adriaan

Adriaan

Hatchetman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • South Africa 

Posted 23 September 2005 - 06:18 PM

Last year several leaked media spun onto the web which included photos of the box art, manual, the promotional poster and map of the PS2 version of San Andreas. The person who took these photos worked for the Take Two plant and stole a copy of the video game. The leaked copy was then later posted on several warez sites which allowed everyone to download San Andreas weeks before the release on October 26.

The FBI followed the case and then later captured the man known as "Stephen Dottoli". Yesterday, he was sentenced in federal court in Camden, NJ to two years probation. He also will have to serve six months on home confinement and pay a $2,500 fine.

Even though Dottoli was a suspect for posting San Andreas onto the internet, the authorities couldn't find any effidence to prove it. U.S. District Court Judge Robert Kugler says that he would have faced stiffer penalties if he had done so.

Read the rest of the article at The Philadelphia Inquirer. (requires registration)

[via Joystiq]

#2 tommy vercetti guy

tommy vercetti guy

Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,781 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:00 PM

How did the FBI get the evidence?
Whats probation and home confinement?
Posted Image

#3 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:29 PM

It's pretty much like being in jail except you're at home. Probation you're allowed to do pretty much the regular lifely things. But one wrong move and it's no questions asked, straight to jail I do believe. Home confinement I believe is where you in "jail".... Your own home.

This is funny news. But I wonder if anyone cares. People got their copies already, so arresting this guy isn't changing much,

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#4 tommy vercetti guy

tommy vercetti guy

Veteran

• Banned
  • 1,781 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:20 PM

It's pretty much like being in jail except you're at home. Probation you're allowed to do pretty much the regular lifely things. But one wrong move and it's no questions asked, straight to jail I do believe. Home confinement I believe is where you in "jail".... Your own home.

This is funny news. But I wonder if anyone cares. People got their copies already, so arresting this guy isn't changing much,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He cant leave home for anthing!?!?
Not for food?!?!
Not for work (If he didnt get fired already)?!?!
JEASUZ!

Edited by tommy vercetti guy, 23 September 2005 - 08:20 PM.

Posted Image

#5 Adriaan

Adriaan

Hatchetman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • South Africa 

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:02 PM

Someone came forward with evidence, like Jordan over at planetgta says:

....And someone did contact Rockstar with important information, but I have decided not to name them.

Yeah lol I do agree no one realy cares after so long. But think how Rockstar felt as someone leaked their game which they spent years and millions of dollars on. This is just fare.

#6 TonyB

TonyB

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 09:37 PM

i bet he'd be in jail if they had some hard evidence.

#7 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,929 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:01 PM

Someone came forward with evidence, like Jordan over at planetgta says:

....And someone did contact Rockstar with important information, but I have decided not to name them.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, we won't name them, unlike certain other sites, which I also won't link to.

#8 Neon

Neon

I AM THE ONE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • United States 

Posted 23 September 2005 - 10:25 PM

Yea but thats what he gets for leaking the game, wow but really who cares thougth they have their copies if this was out earlier then it would have been bigger.
Posted Image
You can eiather take the path of destruction, or the path of Greatness me....I took my own path.
~Neon

#9 chris82

chris82

Modding King

• Elite Members
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 02:52 AM

This would be bigger if Hot Coffee never happened. Also, I guess in order get his food, he has to hire someone to go and shop for him. That or Meals on Wheels. Also, it had to be leaked by a Rockstar employee, who else could access the physical assets. (map, case, etc...)?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Summary of TGTAP
This signature does not display correctly on Internet Explorer 6 or lower.

#10 Airashii

Airashii

AR Fanboy Pride!

• Elite Members
  • 2,088 posts
  •    England 

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:37 AM

looks like justice has been done, although he should have been dealt with months ago imo.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users