3 replies to this topic

#1 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 07:35 PM

What are your feelings as fans of car driving games, one can assume from your preoccupation with Grand Theft Auto.

The state of affairs for General Motors in recent years has been hard for a GM fan to watch, and it continues to plague them in finding a way to restructure and rub the tarnish out. Become a World Leader in the Car manufacturing market once again.

Near the turn of the Century, 1900, General Motors did so with Cadillac, LaSalle, and their dedicated and unique Design Studio, which had intended to do what specific Coach Builders did more exclusively for upscale clientele. 

Making custom design touches possible on a mass market car, using the assembly line. We know Henry Ford did this the best, but only because he said you can have any car you like, so long as it's black! hahaha

#2 MarlenesFutureDad

MarlenesFutureDad

The Internet is Mundane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:25 AM

I am a fan of Japanese vehicles (Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi, etc.) and I find that American companies like Ford and General Motors make cars that don't accelerate rapidly in video games (and burn more fuel per lap in Gran Turismo games than their European and Japanese counterparts). The only time that I use a Ford or Chevrolet in a racing video game is when I have no choice to (because some events in GT don't allow me to use imported vehicles).

#3 Trevor_Philips

Trevor_Philips

Drop Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • United States 

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:27 AM

I hardly think a video game is the final authority on a vehicle's performance, no matter how accurate it claims to be. My Ford Escape gets 30 MPG city and 38 highway (and that's with a 3.6 liter 6-cylinder), which is about on par with most import sedans, and it can get up and go quite rapidly.

Edited by Trevor_Philips, 10 June 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#4 MarlenesFutureDad

MarlenesFutureDad

The Internet is Mundane

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:43 AM

I hardly think a video game is the final authority on a vehicle's performance, no matter how accurate it claims to be. My Ford Escape gets 30 MPG city and 38 highway (and that's with a 3.6 liter 6-cylinder), which is about on par with most import sedans, and it can get up and go quite rapidly.

I don't have a driver's license in real life so I get my driving experience off playing video games like Gran Turismo 4, Grand Turismo 5, Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto IV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users