Horses as ridable "vehicles" in GTA V?

Trevor_Philips

I'm honestly expecting to see pretty much every animal from Red Dead Redemption and more in GTA V, so do you think ridable horses will happen? None of the previews or trailers we've seen have revealed or even hinted at it, but the ability to ride horses would certainly feel amiss if it wasn't included considering how well it was done in RDR compared to other games with the feature.

Would you even want ridable horses in the game?

Edited by Spartan198

Nah, I don't think horses will be in the game. Wouldn't that be one of things on the stats, like driving, stamina, horse riding. I think it is more of a period piece thing, similiarly to how art director Aaron Garbut said that Vice City was 80's, horses are distinctly Red Dead, the American frontier period, I don't think they would want to move it to GTA.

But I say the more animals in the game the better.

• 2 weeks later...

but what the XBOX Official magazine reports is there IS HUNTING in GTA 5!!! That's pretty cool, me thinks

Yeah, I heard about that, too. I'm wondering how, if at all, it will be beneficial to the player, though.

Well, it won't be for pelt hunting, collecting, trading, selling, but some new concept Rockstar has up it's sleeve, I can see perhaps deer and other game, though eating in terms of health isn't a factor in this GTA V, you don't have to worry about dying if you don't eat, so it seems to limit ideas somewhat

I'm honestly expecting to see pretty much every animal from Red Dead Redemption and more in GTA V, so do you think ridable horses will happen? None of the previews or trailers we've seen have revealed or even hinted at it, but the ability to ride horses would certainly feel amiss if it wasn't included considering how well it was done in RDR compared to other games with the feature.

Love the way you think there's gonna be rideable horses in the game, even though you yourself admit that rideable horses haven't been "revealed or even hinted at", yet you're absolutely sure Grove Street wont feature, even though it HAS actually been hinted at, unlike your imaginary horses.

It's tough being different, ain't that right champ? Now you go get 'em!

Love the way you think there's gonna be rideable horses in the game, even though you yourself admit that rideable horses haven't been "revealed or even hinted at", yet you're absolutely sure Grove Street wont feature, even though it HAS actually been hinted at, unlike your imaginary horses.

It's tough being different, ain't that right champ? Now you go get 'em!

I never said any such thing, reread my post and you'll see that I only stated that thought it would feel amiss if they aren't included.

• 3 weeks later...

People commenting on the last RNW update are still requesting various reveals for Rockstar to provide prior to the release, one being a look at radio stations on offer, the other being animals, as in more then one dog highlighted so far. Deer spotting in the woods, hunting, and available command of trained dogs as another question on everyone's mind

People are requesting all types of shit, I am suprised no one has asked for the ending to the game. I'm happy Rockstar as opted out of their usual gameplay videos (I am selfish I know). Gives the game a sense of mystery, which I like. And I think they shouldn't have too either. Oh yeah a little over two months left! News is coming in any day now.

• 2 weeks later...

People are requesting all types of shit, I am suprised no one has asked for the ending to the game.

For a game as high profile as GTA (and one likely to bump CoD down off the top of the ladder, for once), that's not unusual.

I'm happy Rockstar as opted out of their usual gameplay videos (I am selfish I know). Gives the game a sense of mystery, which I like.

I'm liking this approach, too. All we (or I, in any case) really know about in terms of the game's plot is its centering on bank heists, Trevor having issues with The Lost MC, and Michael's family troubles. I'm eager to find out about the game's antagonists and the long ago hinted return of Packie McReary.

So far, we know of sharks and deer as a sure bet for GTA V, but it's odd that the latest reveal talks of some Wilderness, but shows instead, something more akin to a field that would be found just outside the City's confines. Nothing resembling a forest, but that would be nice, as there were portions of the map in GTA's classic San An that did feature a lot of hills and trees, and when planes crashed into such things, whether AI driven, or under your control, provided some funny crash moments. 

Hoping that with the new revisions to GTA's LS, that some of those funny programmed by accident moments still exist, Two key examples are cars crashing at insane speeds in SA and bursting into flame, and planes flying too low and hitting any number of obsticles before crashing to the ground in fireball wreckage! I think the game's AI will be more spotless then before so those moments would likely be more thought out but we'll see. Often it occurs from glitches that are part and parcel of a huge programmed game, hard to iron them all out

For nature, in RDR, the main thing I liked about it was birds and rabbits or other small animals showed up all over the countryside providing for a much more animated vastness then could be had in the past with GTAs' where only peds conversing, or milling about, or key sequences provided much action across the map.