Here they are, three brand new trailers for GTA V. Enjoy!
Over 160 screenshots taken from the trailer have been added to our gallery. Some of these are referenced in our summary of what we saw in the trailers below.
Michael's trailer shows how he is trying to maintain his and his family's luxurious lifestyle all while trying to manage his anger issues, which often come out in the form of some explosive scenes. Michael reveals he is "rich and miserable" as he talks to his therapist - something which doesn't appear to be working particularly effectively.
- Song: Queen - Radio GaGa
- Breast physics! Something that will surely excite the adolescent fans. We briefly see this with a girl dancing, and later a bikini-clad woman jumping out of the way of oncoming bikes. To be fair to the Rockstar devs, they actually bounce realistically and not in the exaggerated way you may have seen in the Dead of Alive franchise.
- Michael drives a red Sentinel has a vanity plate that reads "KRYST4L" - interestingly his wife's name is Amanda and daughter is Tracy. Who Krystal is remains a mystery. In the opening scene, the Sentinel has a different plate.
- We see a Securicar being smashed into by a tow truck which then crashes through a wall. This is most likely a cutscene, nonetheless we're still hopeful for some destructible elements in the environment.
- Some brands we see are the Vapid car dealership, as well as the Vangelico jewellery store.
- After the helicopter chase scene we see Michael crashing through a window and taking a hostage - this is likely the mission GameInformer saw in their world exclusive preview.
- A victim is sniped and his corpse clearly shows an exit wound caused by the bullet.
- The jet engines of a large aircraft (hopefully pilotable) are powerful enough to blast what appears to be a new model of police car up barrel rolling into the air.
Franklin's trailer shows him to have a completely different lifestyle to Michael's. He doesn't have the riches, but he certainly has the street smarts and knowledge of how to handle guns.
- Song: Jay Rock feat. Kendrick Lamar - Hood Gone Luv It
- First off we see a man cleaning a Buffalo which possibly has a slightly customised paint job. This could hint at some car customisation in the game, or may simply be a different model.
- While Franklin's dog Chop is still the only dog we've had a proper look at (not counting the one on the beach in the first trailer), the man he is talking with (his friend Lamar) can clearly be seen holding a dog lead. We suspect dog ownership will be fairly commonplace.
- A gangbanger shot in one of the following scenes also shows an exit wound to the side of his back.
- In a helicopter chase, we get a glimpse of the helicopter cockpit. Cockpit view when driving vehicles is something that fans have been asking for ever since GTA III, whether or not we'll see this in all vehicles remains to be seen. It could just be part of this cutscene, or perhaps only an option when flying large aircraft where the "behind view" is somewhat obstructive due to the aircraft's size.
- In the police chase this is part of we can definitely see improvements to lighting effects, and in many other scenes too.
- Butts to gawk at.
- Weapons attachments - the shotgun Franklin wields in this scene has a tactical light mounted to it - another indication of customisable weapons.
- Fire animations look a lot better than GTA IV's and much more realistic.
- Finally, it's worth pointing out that throughout the trailer we see an awful lot of green (Grove Street Families) and some purple (Ballas), as well as graffiti alluding to Grove Street. Some fans have been vocal on forums and Twitter hoping for a cameo from CJ and/or other characters from San Andreas. It is quite possible some less famous characters will make cameo appearances.
Finally, Trevor's trailer provides a lot a comic relief as he firmly cements himself as being a hilariously disgusting and psychotic maniac. Much of the noteworthy points have already been made while looking at Michael's and Franklin's trailers, but there are a couple of things worth mentioning in this one.
- Song: Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way
- The Lost is confirmed to have a chapter in Los Santos. We see evidence of this in one of the first scenes where Trevor twats a Lost member round the face with a baseball bat. The unfortunate man is wearing a Lost jacket. The Lost logo is seen later on much more clearly in the background of this scene.
- NPC's are shown to use their mobile phones to capture footage of Trevor's mental actions. It would be interesting if NPC's witnessed you committing crimes would call the police to your location, and if you could kill them before they were able to make the call...
- More hints at car customisation with various vehicles in various scenes that appear to have some modifications when compared to their standard models.
- We a see an old lady attempt to stop Trevor from strangling a man who is presumably her husband, by flailing her handbag at him. It's possible that NPC AI will cause them to react based on events happening nearby.
- We get a much better look at those sexy new fire animations.
New artwork was also released today, featuring the three main characters.