Photo
- - - - -

USA Gun laws and Violent Video Gaming....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 07:52 AM

I don't know if rock was thought to be banal, that's the wrong word, certainly influencing rebellion and some thought Satanism. Just like the fear mongering of Communism in the Cold War age, there were large vocal groups of rather ignorant mob mentality running around, my parents never cared to listen in depth to rock music, and they STILL don't, but it took my calm head to convince them this music has it's own merit, my dad still hates it though, my mom will listen to soft rock! hahaha They hated me having Ozzy's Blizzard record in the house, like the band KISS, I was in the Kiss Army long ago! I guess I still am, and my dad certainly didn't like me having a Sam Kinison record under his roof, again there was plentiful cursing there too, but Sam was coming from a religious family and was himself a preacher! He never denied God or Faith, but he also dabbled openly in temptations. We're all human like that, and that's a point I drive home still.

Guns in the real world hold no interest for me, I don't plan to buy one anytime soon, but in games, you need them, the games we like, it's all virtual reality, no harm no foul. Problem is there's foul in the mortal world, and how do you deal with it!

Even as gamers, we should take a responsible side/stance

#22 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

In my case, I was open w/ my kids about firearms.  They would get curious -"What's that ?" Instead

of reacting like a lot of people(BAD, BAD, STAY AWAY!!!!) I took a minute to show them what it was

& teach them basic rules, thereby removing any taboo, & made sure they knew any time they got 

curious all they had to do was ask I would show them again.  As a result, by the time my oldest was

7 she could clear & secure any firearm I owned.  I knew if my kid found one laying around, the worst

thing she would do would unload it.  If no one was around to get an adult she would take the ammo

& find an adult. 

I might not be Ward Cleever (just google it) but I KNEW my kids would never be an accidental shooting

statistic.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#23 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

"There's always something,"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,978 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

In my case, I was open w/ my kids about firearms.  They would get curious -"What's that ?" Instead
of reacting like a lot of people(BAD, BAD, STAY AWAY!!!!) I took a minute to show them what it was
& teach them basic rules, thereby removing any taboo, & made sure they knew any time they got 
curious all they had to do was ask I would show them again.  As a result, by the time my oldest was
7 she could clear & secure any firearm I owned.  I knew if my kid found one laying around, the worst
thing she would do would unload it.  If no one was around to get an adult she would take the ammo
& find an adult. 

I might not be Ward Cleever (just google it) but I KNEW my kids would never be an accidental shooting
statistic.

My dad's more or less lenient when he tinkers with his piece and I'm around. I would occasionally ask if I could check the gun out and aim it, as long as I'm not pointing at someone, that I shouldn't put my finger on the trigger, and the golden rule of assuming that EVERY gun is loaded.

Posted Image

Ubisoft should take a look at this...
"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:9-10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users