64 replies to this topic

#61 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

Ditto to you Tun3r, as I was so impressed by your impassioned plea, I felt YOU were living on Mars earlier, not in touch with how the gaming Industry works, and the ideas I have are based on the realities of the gaming Industry, based off years in the making, evolution. Nothing has fundamentally changed since going 3D and Higher Tech. The dynamics of the company is based on the individuals in charge of it. That is fact, and my speculation is based on mostly fact, not guess work
The point of any successor for RDR coming to PC is still a very real possibility, and if you think not, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised when it so happens to come to fruition. Again, the idea behind these two threads is how to motivate Rockstar into giving more thought to their PC editions, but I for one don't want the PC to forsake the console versions, or vice-versa, the added benefit of buying more then one copy could be the benefits of PC, it seems to me, specifically coming down in favor of modding.
Some blame Rockstar's moves since Hot Coffee and as well, the pirating of software into making that a tough proposition. I still think it's open, but not as open as others.

Anywayz, just shut up and enjoy continuing GTA adventures, if you have to buy a console at least it won't set you back $400 to $600 like they did back in the day! OUCH!

Edited by BlackListedB, 21 January 2013 - 05:53 AM.

#62 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

Ditto to you Tun3r, as I was so impressed by your impassioned plea, I felt YOU were living on Mars earlier, not in touch with how the gaming Industry works, and the ideas I have are based on the realities of the gaming Industry, based off years in the making, evolution. Nothing has fundamentally changed since going 3D and Higher Tech. The dynamics of the company is based on the individuals in charge of it. That is fact, and my speculation is based on mostly fact, not guess work

That's true. But that's not what you said earlier.

The point of any successor for RDR coming to PC is still a very real possibility, and if you think not, maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised when it so happens to come to fruition. Again, the idea behind these two threads is how to motivate Rockstar into giving more thought to their PC editions, but I for one don't want the PC to forsake the console versions, or vice-versa, the added benefit of buying more then one copy could be the benefits of PC, it seems to me, specifically coming down in favor of modding.

"Pleasantly surprised?" Again, more proof that you haven't been reading anything I wrote so far.

I have, and it became clear as daylight that you don't know anything about modding so your arguments are invalid in that sector.

Some blame Rockstar's moves since Hot Coffee and as well, the pirating of software into making that a tough proposition. I still think it's open, but not as open as others.

Unrelated. And all Hot Coffee did was bump their sales even further.

Anywayz, just shut up and enjoy continuing GTA adventures, if you have to buy a console at least it won't set you back $400 to $600 like they did back in the day! OUCH!

They would, actually. But anyway, why buy a console? Why buy one when I have a PC and it's perfectly capable of running video games? No, not gonna happen, I don't care if they are $100 or $600, I don't need one and I won't buy one just cause of some stupid game. No game is worth $600, not even GTA.

Consoles don't have any advantages over PC except for the ones that ignorant developers like Rockstar have created by delivering shitty PC ports over and over.

Edited by TUN3R, 21 January 2013 - 09:20 AM.

#63 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I don't mod in particular because I usually want plug and play fun, even though for me, getting a laptop for GTA is uber important, and PC is nice as well, but having GTA on the go without a PS portable means a gaming laptop that is at least 3D savvy is worth paying some attention to, I ask for you to enlighten us about your expertise on modding, rather then say I know nothing, I know something, Mr.

BTW, I never cursed you, why do you take such a craptastic stance of doing so to me?

Buy a console to play Red Dead Redemption at least, a console game not ported by Rockstar, but it sure as hell looks and plays like a PC game I would and have said. If it comes to PC, it's likely someone cared enough to petition Rockstar, but on console it's a fantastic experience just the same!!

Edited by BlackListedB, 30 January 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#64 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

I don't mod in particular because I usually want plug and play fun, even though for me, getting a laptop for GTA is uber important, and PC is nice as well, but having GTA on the go without a PS portable means a gaming laptop that is at least 3D savvy is worth paying some attention to, I ask for you to enlighten us about your expertise on modding, rather then say I know nothing, I know something, Mr.

I would, but there's a lot of explain and I'd be wasting my time since you would only bother reading the first three words (I'm being optimistic I admit).

And speak for yourself, just because Spaz and the others are on the same idiot level as you doesn't make you anybody's representative.

BTW, I never cursed you, why do you take such a craptastic stance of doing so to me?

Cause you're a moron and you keep insulting my inteligence with your bullshit. I'd rather be insulted directly and honestly, that I can let slide.

Buy a console to play Red Dead Redemption at least, a console game not ported by Rockstar, but it sure as hell looks and plays like a PC game I would and have said. If it comes to PC, it's likely someone cared enough to petition Rockstar, but on console it's a fantastic experience just the same!!

Why? Why buy a console when I have a PC that can run games just fine (if they are ported properly, or better yet, not ported at all and re-assembled from scratch? Just because you are stupid enough to waste your money on this junk doesn't mean everybody else is.

Anyway thanks for proving once again that you know nothing about PC games, fool.

Edited by TUN3R, 30 January 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#65 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Why not buy a console? GTAFers will remember Charming Charlie, a long time forumite and PC advocate there, he bought an Xbox360 and subsequently tossed it out, I tried to impart the idea of selling it or offering it to someone else, but his particulars was he couldn't be 'arsed'.

It's ideas like that, and your own, at times, I'll NEVER understand nor will I agree with them, so give up on the idea of convincing everyone your own 'way' is best, everyone can do what they wish.

In the end, the console version looks and plays fantastic, and it's worthy of coming to PC if they ever get the time and energy to do so, I believe they're mired in the GTA build along with any upcoming project, such as AGENT that they can't devote to PC on the same quality par.

The quality bar is what mandates a worthy port, first and foremost. 

I picked up RetroGamer magazine last month, in it a small firm is highlighted in an article that subcontracted PC port versions, one of which was Grand Theft Auto. I'd not been aware of that before, but for anyone who missed it, I'll highlight it in a YouTube video soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users