64 replies to this topic

#41 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Well, I'd love to present direct links to things you could at least look at online for confirmation, but you have to actually set that goal in mind AHEAD of time, and you could very well archive a webpage or thread, or article as Google does or did in the past (they used to present web snapshots if the current link was not working, for any number of reasons)

Whatever I can find that may help, I'll tack on to the thread, but it is not as specific to PC development, but gives factual reasons why they do games firstly for console players, and though it's not exclusive domain of Rockstar or Take2, it is basic to how they do their business approach

http://games.ign.com...reators/17.html

http://games.ign.com...reators/16.html

Gabe is nearly a household name in game making, and he really hates consoles as well, so you likely like the guy! hahaha ^

Edited by BlackListedB, 14 January 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#42 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

I have been re-reading this list if I did read it before, memories a bit fuzzy, but one of the factoid points I made here was that consoles proceeded video gaming on PC by a healthy, long shot... Evidenced here, our family owned an Odyssey, though not the original one. I sold it while I was unemployed, only to find the TV UHF/VHF connector after the fact. Dang! I'm only double posting due to the Edit of previous post expiring. I hope if you're a newbie to videogaming, and of course, enthralled by the high tech accomplishments with modern technology, think about the years spent developing to where we are now, I'd been doing just that since it was years and years with what are now passed off as archaic gaming attempts, the Coin Op original Arcade was where you went for the most authentic experience, not on home computers or console, as it was when I was growing up.

http://games.ign.com...creators/8.html

#43 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:52 AM

In addition, from the above, look at the mention of Unreal Engine, tell me that's not related to PC non-ported gaming builds...

Regarded by some as the current mastermind of real-time graphics, and the counterpart to id Software's John Carmack, graphics guru Tim Sweeney has had a gargantuan impact on the gaming world. Beginning with the creation of Epic Games (then called Epic MegaGames) in 1991, Tim Sweeney changed the face of videogames forever.
Aside from designing and programming games such as ZZT and Jill of the Jungle in the early 90's, Sweeney wrote the original Unreal Engine for use in the first-person shooter Unreal. This landmark introduced breakthrough technologies that included dynamic colored lighting, volumetric fog, and real-time 3D level-building tools. Consequently it became the basis of games across the PC platform and multiple videogame consoles.
Sweeney has gone on to direct Epic's engine development through the current generation of gaming, where Unreal Engine 3 has garnered the support of many of the gaming industry's heavy-hitting companies (Atari, Capcom, Konami, and Square-Enix to name a few) and is now powering everything from the tactical shooters Gears of War 2 and Rainbow Six 6 Vegas to the turn-based RPG Lost Odyssey.
In a 2008 interview with Team Xbox, Sweeney discussed his plans for UE3 and UE4, saying, "Unreal Engine 3 will last throughout this whole console cycle. I expect that youll see games shipping with Unreal Engine 3 in 2011, 2012 and may be even a year after that... For games that begin shipping in 2012, well have Unreal Engine 4, whatever that is, with a major new architecture and major new feature set, and there youll see significant changes..."
Whatever those significant changes are, we can only imagine. However, thanks to Tim Sweeney's extraordinary contributions, we know that those changes will continue to revolutionize the look of games for years to come.

Tim Sweeney helped craft it and is quoted above. RAGE and Euphoria are the engine and middle-ware used by Rockstar but developed mainly for GTA as a franchise, but as you can tell, used in part for Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption. Their engine sets about to do much the same for their game builds.

Addendums to add in this final repost...
http://www.dogpile.c...ing history&ql=

What I used to get some new articles hopefully ^
As well, basically Sam Houser talking about Sony's Playstation 3 as it was introduced for E3, way back when...

Planet GTA was a sister site to GTAF for some time, now their webmaster is a staff member, I believe. (IIRC)

Edited by BlackListedB, 14 January 2013 - 05:58 AM.

#44 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

You realise you could have just edited your first post, as opposed to posting another 2 times right? Just saying ;)

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#45 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

You realise you could have just edited your first post, as opposed to posting another 2 times right? Just saying ;)

He's a moron in case that wasn't obvious enough.

#46 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Just because you believe something to be a fact doesn't mean that it is a fact

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

#47 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm only double posting due to the Edit of previous post expiring.

:rolleyes:

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#48 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:17 PM

Just because you believe something to be a fact doesn't mean that it is a fact

True. Maybe you tell him that.

#49 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Well this thread has become somewhat repetitive and truth be told you are starting to bore me with your hypocritical nonsensical ramblings so I will say adieu and goodbye

#50 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Well this thread has become somewhat repetitive and truth be told you are starting to bore me with your hypocritical nonsensical ramblings so I will say adieu and goodbye

Finally.

#51 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Finally.

Doesn't count as a win, hun. Just because people get bored with your ridiculousness doesn't mean your points are valid.
  • TrialByFire likes this

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#52 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Doesn't count as a win, hun. Just because people get bored with your ridiculousness doesn't mean your points are valid.

Nope, it just means they ran out of arguments to oppose them. Wait, no they didn't, I'm an idiot.

#53 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

Facts are as I presented them in the postings where I could not edit, but rather append. The basic argument is what you as a consumer are faced with, eating, lets say, in comparison, PC gaming is like cooking at home or eating gourmet, however, Fast food and just ordering someone to cook for you, getting your food and eating that way results in the same end, you get sustainance, console gaming is the FAST FOOD route to getting full, whereas making the food yourself, or paying more for something special is the PC route to the same end, however, as I made note many times, PCs are not exclusive to gaming, they just afford it via the technical attributes of the components they contain, but they are not built namely for gaming, most people use them like Swiss Army Knives

#54 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Facts are as I presented them in the postings where I could not edit, but rather append. The basic argument is what you as a consumer are faced with, eating, lets say, in comparison, PC gaming is like cooking at home or eating gourmet, however, Fast food and just ordering someone to cook for you, getting your food and eating that way results in the same end, you get sustainance, console gaming is the FAST FOOD route to getting full, whereas making the food yourself, or paying more for something special is the PC route to the same end, however, as I made note many times, PCs are not exclusive to gaming, they just afford it via the technical attributes of the components they contain, but they are not built namely for gaming, most people use them like Swiss Army Knives

If you are talking about PC games being more expensive, you are wrong, console games are a lot more expensive than PC games. If you meant it is more expensive due to PC components being expensive then yeah that's true but at the end of the day you pay more for higher end performance. I mean I built my PC about 3 years ago now and it will still out perform any console on the market. I guess at the end of the day it's swings and round-a-bouts, console gamers pay less for their machines but get charged more for their games, PC gamers pay more for their machines but less for games. Console gaming is more convenient for some people but (on the whole) you get better performance out of PC games. It's all down what you want/can afford.

Also consoles are no longer exclusive to gaming, they are gaining more and more PC-like functionality for example you can have apps like youtube on your console, they have built in web browsers and I know that on the PlayStation3 you can browse your network for media servers and play videos and music from anyone connected to your network (provided the permissions are set right)

#55 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

I've complained before about expiring EDIT postings even if you're remembered and logged in, you lose the ability after about an hour from logging in. Anywho, I was busy actually reading links to see what could bolster the information we're presenting. I could not get GTAForums search working, so getting to those postings I read over a year or more, that's tricky, but I encourage you to seek the same out.

Playstation portable basically was the first of current hardware to multitask, and with PSVita, there's GPS, cameras, touchscreens, lacking a smart phone built in, but I was again thinking it would lead to some modular upgrades, which ultimately would help hardware avoid the aging conundrum.

@TBF, Here in the Midwest, PC games are $60USD when new, as are console games, the same price, which used to differ by about $10, but not so anymore, so I don't see a lot of savings to brag about money wise unless you get 10 years mileage from the same console you bought, I replaced both of mine for RROD or freezeups, so it's also debatable with regard to that

Edited by BlackListedB, 17 January 2013 - 07:44 PM.

#56 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

Facts are as I presented them in the postings where I could not edit

Facts my ass.

If you are talking about PC games being more expensive, you are wrong, console games are a lot more expensive than PC games.

No shit, maybe he'll at least listen to you.

If you meant it is more expensive due to PC components being expensive then yeah that's true but at the end of the day you pay more for higher end performance. I mean I built my PC about 3 years ago now and it will still out perform any console on the market. I guess at the end of the day it's swings and round-a-bouts, console gamers pay less for their machines but get charged more for their games, PC gamers pay more for their machines but less for games. Console gaming is more convenient for some people but (on the whole) you get better performance out of PC games. It's all down what you want/can afford.

True, but you haven't taken into account the possibility of the console / PC breaking. If a PC breaks you simply replace (or repair, in some cases) the broken component. If a console breaks I seriously doubt you'll find spare parts at any store, and have to replace the whole thing. Sure, there are PC parts that cost as much as three consoles but you don't really need gear that expensive to run games perfectly, even today's poorly optimized games.

Not to mention, heh, the Xbox 360's tendency to "personalize" your disk if you accidentally put something on it or nudge the table (or just forget to clean it). And like you said, console games are much more expensive.

On the long run I doubt console gaming is that much cheaper, I seriously doubt it. Not to mention you'll need a PC, for other things. Is a console + a cheap PC really more convenient than a good PC? I seriously doubt it once more.

Also consoles are no longer exclusive to gaming, they are gaining more and more PC-like functionality for example you can have apps like youtube on your console, they have built in web browsers and I know that on the PlayStation3 you can browse your network for media servers and play videos and music from anyone connected to your network (provided the permissions are set right)

When consoles support Microsoft Office, DevC++ or uTorrent you call me. Until then consoles still have very, very, very, limited use.

Edited by TUN3R, 17 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#57 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

The most important thing to take away, as I presented as FACT and it's pretty much futile for you to try and deny, that DMA under David Jones is a PC centric version of pre-Rockstar North, Pre-Rockstar Games, but under both Housers, it's console-centric, you also cannot deny any which way you try, that consoles were on the scene prior to any home computer, sorry, Charlie, but them is the facts, Jack!

I will keep telling you, you can't argue with this information I mentioned. You're creating that belief in your mind only.

The other points I made was about engines and the Development Kit on which these are programmed. I don't presume to know specific dynamics within Rockstar, but just like any company, there are plenty of people WITHIN their ranks who come from varied gaming back-grounds, I should hope there's not the type of feud we've seen on forums that prevents things from getting done, but they're being leisurely by the ideal of creating the quality they hope for, and as such, there's no real time limit for a possible PC edition, I still expect to see one for GTA V, but I believe WE need to keep pushing for RED DEAD RED, and it's a very real idea that any followup WOULD see PC release, but not the prior game.

If you missed it or forgot this article, I just re-dug it up, posting it here even though it's not about PC or console but the game/s
http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

What I was trying to 'scare up' is one of the last quotes I heard from Dan Houser, saying they won't stop making GTA (or games in general) until they have replicated the real World, that's the kind of thing that excites me because it means open Sandbox gamings just gettin' good!

Edited by BlackListedB, 18 January 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#58 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

The most important thing to take away, as I presented as FACT and it's pretty much futile for you to try and deny, that DMA under David Jones is a PC centric version of pre-Rockstar North, Pre-Rockstar Games, but under both Housers, it's console-centric, you also cannot deny any which way you try, that consoles were on the scene prior to any home computer, sorry, Charlie, but them is the facts, Jack!

I never did, the hell is wrong with you?

I will keep telling you, you can't argue with this information I mentioned. You're creating that belief in your mind only.

You're confused brother, I can argue with whatever the fuck I want, especially with a 40 or so year old prick who just came home after spending most if not all of his life on Mars, and who claims that an opinion or a possibility is a fact just because he says so. How's your altar coming along btw?

The other points I made was about engines and the Development Kit on which these are programmed. I don't presume to know specific dynamics within Rockstar, but just like any company, there are plenty of people WITHIN their ranks who come from varied gaming back-grounds, I should hope there's not the type of feud we've seen on forums that prevents things from getting done, but they're being leisurely by the ideal of creating the quality they hope for, and as such, there's no real time limit for a possible PC edition, I still expect to see one for GTA V, but I believe WE need to keep pushing for RED DEAD RED, and it's a very real idea that any followup WOULD see PC release, but not the prior game.

Yes it is very real yes... yes, well mostly in your head.

If you missed it or forgot this article, I just re-dug it up, posting it here even though it's not about PC or console but the game/s
http://www.nytimes.c...wanted=all&_r=0

What I was trying to 'scare up' is one of the last quotes I heard from Dan Houser, saying they won't stop making GTA (or games in general) until they have replicated the real World, that's the kind of thing that excites me because it means open Sandbox gamings just gettin' good!

Yes you just thought about going off-topic just for the sake of creating more hype. That's fine, I wish the Housers luck. I also wish they'd stop making f*cking PC games.

Edited by TUN3R, 19 January 2013 - 11:54 AM.

#59 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Yes you just thought about going off-topic just for the sake of creating more hype. That's fine, I wish the Housers luck. I also wish they'd stop making f*cking PC games.

Reaaaaall simple buddy.... DON'T FUCKING BUY THEM.

Posted Image

lolz

#60 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

Reaaaaall simple buddy.... DON'T FUCKING BUY THEM.

It's not "Raaaaaaaall simpl3" at all if you had any idea what we were... what I was talking about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users