As mentioned the other day, today marks the beginning of online previews being published by various gaming websites around the world. We're also lucky to have some new, and some unwatermarked screenshots from the GI preview to add to our gallery. Most of the previews posted so far are from European websites, but we've learned of a few new details so far. Also note that IGN will be starting their blowout week later today so we may get even more info later on.
UPDATE: IGN's Preview is now up.
- InsideGamer.nl (Dutch - English translation)
- Gamer.nl Preview and Interview with Dan Houser (Dutch)
- MeriStation Preview (Spanish)
- Gamesaktuell.de (German)
- Jeuxactu.com (French)
- Multiplayer.it (Italian - English translation)
- Spiegel.de (German)
- Whole underwater world, including caves, diving equipment
- Side-missions like taxi, ambulance, vigilante missions will be back but may not be exactly like in previous games, but they will have "odd jobs to do"
- Trevor is the skilled helicopter pilot, Franklin the skilled driver, while Michael is a "smooth operator"
- Missions vary between "big and small events, explosive, infiltration, super spectacular, family, invasion, hostage recovery, heists and robberies. Plus classic GTA missions that have been updated an improved."
- The mechanics behind the covering system have been greatly improved and will be important to gameplay.
- Regarding the game's economy, Dan Houser said "You will be able to spend money to buy interesting and fun things like expensive toys. We are still working on the economy but it will be a strong element in the game and players will be eager to make money to spend money. Something along the lines of 'I went through all of this to make all this money and now I'm going to spend it on this crazy item'".
- No co-op on single player missions but there will be in multiplayer.
- An increased focus on multiplayer with a lot more content.
- There is a functioning ecosystem teeming with wildlife.
- The song Radar Love was heard playing on the in-game radio.
- The name of the Salton Sea like area in the game is called Alamo Sea.
- There is a radial menu to select the 3 protagonists.
- In some missions, character switching is partially scripted - meaning it will happen automatically.
- In the final part of a mission journalists saw in the demo, the player was able to decide which character to use.
- There are multiple different endings to the storyline, these depend on choices you make throughout the game.
- The majority of the map will be open from beginning, with the exception of a few protected areas.
- A certain amount of money will be needed to gain access to some missions.
Some of these screenshots have been seen before, but we now have unwatermarked versions!
See all these and more in our GTA V screenshot gallery.
We now have unwatermarked and extended versions of some of the recent artworks.
See all these and more in our GTA V artwork gallery.