It's now at the stage where there's not much left to add, and testing needs to be done. I have an iPhone 4 and an older Android 2.3 device which I can test it on, but there are thousands more devices out there that I don't have access to. So I'd like you guys to help test it, whatever device you have, as long as it has internet access and a web browser.
All you need to do is head over to m.thegtaplace.com on your device and just browse the site a bit, use the search, check it works as you would expect it to, and then post here and let me know if it's fine or if there were some issues.
For reference, here's a screenshot of what the website should look something like, taken from my iPhone:
photo.PNG 231.02KB 3 downloads
It would be totally awesome if you could provide as much detail as possible, if you could post here using a template like this one:
[b]Device:[/b] [b]OS Version:[/b] [b]Browser (and version, if known):[/b] [b]Notes:[/b]
Some things you can test:
- Search - if you start typing a few letters does the dropdown appear with results like it does on the main website?
- Also, does the search bar stay at the top as you scroll down the page? Or, does it go off the screen?
- Rotating - if your device supports it, does the site work fine in both portrait and landscape orientations?
- Scrolling - You should only be able to scroll up and down. Can you scroll left and right? If so, this is a bug, please tell me about this if it happens.
- Please Note: The forums already have a built in mobile skin. There is no need to test this part of the site as it is not made by me.
I have an iPhone with iOS5 on it, but if you have an older device and older OS it would be nice to hear from you. I think it should be fine but better be sure!
Also if you're not using Mobile Safari and are instead using a browser from the App Store such as Skyfire, Opera, Mercury, or iCab etc. please post here as I can't test all of these, except Opera.
Please be specific when posting here. There are a ton of device, OS version and browser combinations out there. The default Android browser on Android 2.1 and above is my priority, however I'm also keen to have it working as decent as possible on Firefox Mobile, Opera Mobile, Opera mini, Skyfire, Dolphin etc.
Chances are your default browser will be fine. If you have the option, Opera Mobile or Opera Mini would probably be your best option.
Ok I think that's all. Thanks a lot in advance to anyone who posts back here, I'll try to reply to everyone who experiences any issues and get them fixed ASAP. Aiming to launch the site next week if possible!