216 replies to this topic

#61 Alkali64

Alkali64

Backyard Bluesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:52 PM

Hmm... I think if it is set in San Andreas, each city is bound to have its own trailer. This obviously being Los Santos.

I'm not over the moon about the setting really... What happend to that thing called creativity they used to have all those years ago? :(

I like planes though.

http://www.youtube.c...64?feature=mhee

Music, covers and stuff...

#62 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:55 PM

LCS was quite good yeah. It's also on PS2 remember ;)

I just reworded the sentence after some more thought. I think we can definitely rule out Tommy since the guy does NOT look 60 years old, as Tommy would be now, so can't be him. It Could still be TC though, but I'm not convinced that's him in the screenshot. The narration over the trailer does SOUND a bit like Ray Liotta though (voice of Tony Cipriani).

Ray Liotta was Tommy Vercetti..... Tony was voiced by Danny Mastrogiorgio. Unless you mean in GTA III, in which it was Michael Madsen.

Yup I was just about to mention that too. After listening to the different voices of Toni in GTA III and LCS, I don't think that it is him in the trailer. Plus, wasn't he a little bit chubby looking in GTA III?

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#63 Blur

Blur

Headhunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • United States 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:56 PM

Amazing.

The countryside in the trailer and mountains almost bring a tear to my eye. Its my childhood before my eyes. The trailer is perfect. It confirms that Los Santos is one of the cities and we can rightfully assume that San Fiero is back because of the large mountains.

Graphics look great too, but the gameplay is more important and Rockstar didn't dissapoint.

So the narrator is the main character right? He does sound a bit older, late 30's?

And did I not say it before the mountains look MASSIVE!

Edited by totalaccessGTA, 02 November 2011 - 07:34 PM.

#64 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:58 PM

Blimp - 0:18

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#65 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

LCS was quite good yeah. It's also on PS2 remember ;)

I just reworded the sentence after some more thought. I think we can definitely rule out Tommy since the guy does NOT look 60 years old, as Tommy would be now, so can't be him. It Could still be TC though, but I'm not convinced that's him in the screenshot. The narration over the trailer does SOUND a bit like Ray Liotta though (voice of Tony Cipriani).

Ray Liotta was Tommy Vercetti..... Tony was voiced by Danny Mastrogiorgio. Unless you mean in GTA III, in which it was Michael Madsen.

Yup I was just about to mention that too. After listening to the different voices of Toni in GTA III and LCS, I don't think that it is him in the trailer. Plus, wasn't he a little bit chubby looking in GTA III?

He was. AND he was starting to look old, and that was over a decade ago...

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#66 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:04 PM

Oops! Thanks Evo, I did indeed mean Michael Madsen, the GTA III voice. I completely forgot he was voiced by a different actor for LCS, I didn't play LCS all that much so don't remember it. He had a somewhat similar voice though right?

#67 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

More of a Italian mob-esque voice in GTA III and a bit less so in LCS in my opinion.

Starts talking at somewhere around 2:50.

Anyways, both sound quite different from the voice heard in the trailer.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#68 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:18 PM

Hmm you're right. It's surprising how little we get about the main character from this trailer. We really cannot saying anything with any degree of confidence.

#69 Husky

Husky

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

This makes IV look like a piece of shit. Anyway I've watched the trailer about 4 times and noticed a few things:

Cars:
Futo
F620
Landstalker
Premier
Esperanto (Distance)
Rebla
Updated Rebla (possibly)
Updated Huntly Sport
Police Cruiser (Same Model dif. Colour)
Vader

And has anyone noticed that the AK47 has a silencer?

Posted Image

#70 Blur

Blur

Headhunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • United States 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:42 PM

Yes, good catch.

Its logical to assume too that since there are large/fast planes Las Venturas and San Fiero will return. Either that or its one big ass country side

#71 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:45 PM

Spotted a couple of other things.

Posted Image
  • Character customisation making a return?

Posted Image
  • Flags of the European union, Mexico and Japan.

Posted Image
  • Suppressed weapons are back.
  • Gas mask = some sort of gas grenades?

Posted Image
  • Being able to kick doors in.
  • The V on the door is a bit similar to the V in the logo, may be of some significance.

Edited by EvoLuTioN, 02 November 2011 - 07:46 PM.

Posted Image

#72 Husky

Husky

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

Hey look its the duffel bag from IV.

Posted Image

#73 Bustago

Bustago

Pure Gangster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

Gotta say; I am both horribly disappointed and unbelievably excited.
I actually hope it is just Los Santos, the issue with San Andreas was the boredom of moving through boring countryside to boring under detailed cities.

Can someone buy me a new guitar?
Please?
I'll be your best friend!?

#74 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:00 PM

It MAY just be that. Just went thru the trailer frame by frame and I couldn't find a Venturas or Fierro sign or ad anywhere. Even the cop car has a Los Santos PD logo on it.

Posted Image

#75 Alkali64

Alkali64

Backyard Bluesman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:06 PM

http://www.thegtapla...railer1_040.jpg

Anyone else notice the bicycle in this guys drive? Bicycles were so much fun in the original SA! I'm hoping we get to ride them in V.

http://www.youtube.c...64?feature=mhee

Music, covers and stuff...

#76 AndrewW91

AndrewW91

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • United States 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:07 PM

I've watched the trailer about 8 times now. It feels real good to be excited for a video game again! It's been awhile since I've had this feeling.

#77 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

http://www.thegtapla...railer1_040.jpg

Anyone else notice the bicycle in this guys drive? Bicycles were so much fun in the original SA! I'm hoping we get to ride them in V.

Yes, I pointed it out in our analysis. I would fully expect to be able to ride bikes again. Can't see why we wouldn't. The other interesting thing about that screenshot is the windows are open, which makes me assume we'll be able to go inside.

#78 Blur

Blur

Headhunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • United States 

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:23 PM

I'm not taking any credit for this but a user on the Rockstar Newswire CommonSeb noticed that @ the 55sec. mark while the man is pushing the sign into the dirt on the driveway the # of the house is "2405".

Now as we know the song used in the trailer is Ogden' Nut Gone Flake which was released May 24, 1968. http://en.wikipedia...._Nut_Gone_Flake

Speculated release date: May 24, 2012. Interesting no? Thoughts?
Edit: Fixed link.

Edited by totalaccessGTA, 02 November 2011 - 08:25 PM.

#79 Bustago

Bustago

Pure Gangster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

I'm not taking any credit for this but a user on the Rockstar Newswire CommonSeb noticed that @ the 55sec. mark while the man is pushing the sign into the dirt on the driveway the # of the house is "2405".

Now as we know the song used in the trailer is Ogden' Nut Gone Flake which was released May 24, 1968. http://en.wikipedia...._Nut_Gone_Flake

Speculated release date: May 24, 2012. Interesting no? Thoughts?
Edit: Fixed link.

If it does come out then, I guess I'll be failing my Uni exams a month and a half later lol.

Can someone buy me a new guitar?
Please?
I'll be your best friend!?

#80 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,939 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 08:31 PM

In my opinion that's too early. I think it's just a random number in any case. I would be extremely surprised if that does turn out to be the release date, 1. because it's a really subtle and seemingly unrelated to anything and 2. I still expect October 2012 at the earliest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users