#41 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:10 PM

No Ferraris in it?

Ferrari rights were sold out a long time ago. Microsoft owns most of them (particularly Turn 10, the developer of Forza) for Xbox 360 and PC (and yet they still won't bring Forza to PC *sigh*). Besides them Sony owns most of the rights for PS3. TDU2 also has Ferrari's but that's probably because of an agreement between Atari, Sony and Microsoft. You probably know that the 458 Italia only appears on the PC version of TDU2, because Microsoft and Sony kept it for their own games on their consoles.

Any other post 2002 game that has Ferrari's probably uses them with permission from Microsoft.

EA on the other hand owns exclusive rights for Porsches, unlimited, and for every platform. That's why you will never see them in any other game except NFS and Shift (unless EA decides to make another racing franchise that uses licensed sports cars).

Microsoft tried striking a deal with EA. If you remember Forza 3 had Porsches, quite a lot of them, and about the same time Forza 3 came out EA released a Ferrari DLC for NFS Shift, exclusive to Xbox 360. EA exchanged Porsche rights for Ferrari rights with Microsoft.

They decided not to allow Turn 10 to use Porsches in Forza 4 however (pwned faggots), probably because EA loves us while EA along with Porsche let Turn 10 use their cars without restrictions, Microsoft or Ferrari (my money is on the Italians) gave limited use of their cars to EA. Ferrari's in NFS Shift can't be customized (only pick a factory color), they have limited damage (and no dismemberment if I remember it right), exclusive to Ferrari-only events, etc...

I think EA made the right decision, I just wish they would use more Porsches since they own exclusive rights to them...

Pretty much every non-NFS racing game uses ether RUF's or Gemballas to compensate for Porsches, though Gemballa closed down so RUF's remain the best choice...

#42 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

Plus Gemballa is crap.

#43 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:33 PM

Didn't Gemballa get found dead in South Africa or something? Iirc I heard something about bank fraud / money laundering that obviously got him in trouble with some dudes.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#44 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:51 PM

Didn't Gemballa get found dead in South Africa or something? Iirc I heard something about bank fraud / money laundering that obviously got him in trouble with some dudes.

Yep. Headshot.

#45 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 17 November 2011 - 04:53 AM

Did the EA askde for permission to introduce the ferrari in their hot pursuit because they had used 3 new models of the ferraris in their NFS games

#46 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

Did the EA askde for permission to introduce the ferrari in their hot pursuit because they had used 3 new models of the ferraris in their NFS games

No. Like I said, the deal ended shortly after the Ferrari DLC for Shift was released.

#47 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 18 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

Motogp8 is also a great game.

#48 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

Played a MotoGP once, don't know which it was though. Yeah it's pretty cool.

#49 rockstaridols

rockstaridols

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:12 PM

Yeah, motogp 8 was a great title played it 2 years ago.

#50 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

By the way is it true Midnight Club series is over? I couldn't find reliable info on this...

#51 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

Yes, it's true.. Because racing game's suck.

#52 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

The Colin McRae games were fun, played the shit out of the demos on Win 98/2000.

Haven't really played alot of or been into any of the current gen racing games.

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#53 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

I've never been all that into the genre but the Midnight Club games were a lot of fun.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#54 Husky

Husky

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:24 PM

Midnight Club II , Midnight Club: Los Angeles , Mario Kart , Gran Turismo, and Need For Speed: Underground.

But wait isn't Gamballa technically Porsche since they sell them the car parts?

Edited by Husky, 19 November 2011 - 09:27 PM.

Posted Image

#55 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

Go play Cock o' Doody then.

Rockstar San Diego made RAGE... my guess is Rockstar wants them to focus only on developing the engine... and maybe the Red Dead series if that wasn't ended ether.

#56 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

Go play Cock o' Doody then.

Rockstar San Diego made RAGE... my guess is Rockstar wants them to focus only on developing the engine... and maybe the Red Dead series if that wasn't ended ether.

Rage was made by ID software, no? and isn't the engine rage also known as id tech 5?

#57 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:28 AM

I am not sure they are closing the MC as you know rockstar likes giving EA some run for their money.

#58 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

I am not sure they are closing the MC as you know rockstar likes giving EA some run for their money.

Haha true.

Anyway far as I know, RAGE is made by Rockstar San Diego.

EDIT (well sorta'): http://en.wikipedia....ced_Game_Engine

#59 rockstaridols

rockstaridols

Trickster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 20 November 2011 - 05:26 PM

Yeah Rockstar have created their own version of the RAGE engine. Its also the protocol to the Euphoria engine

#60 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 06:20 PM

Yeah Rockstar have created their own version of the RAGE engine. Its also the protocol to the Euphoria engine

What do you mean ''their own version''? RAGE is made and owned by Rockstar... Euphoria is just a physics engine, Midnight Club LA for example doesn't use it, only RAGE alone.

RAGE was probably built on RenderWare (Criterion Games) but I doubt they used it for more than just a template / base.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users