• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Dude, dualboot android on it.A relative of mine has android running on this thing, it is way better than Maemo.

http://www.almostlik...oid-nokia-n900/

http://wiki.nitdroid...0-Autoinstaller

Cheers for the links there, it'd been ages since i looked actually and never had an expansion card and no money to get one so left it. I'm gonna do some more research and see how it handles stuff like my music and videos etc since I want to go forward not back. Also phonecalls. Any idea if any of this actually works. When i was looking at old build of the thing ages ago nothing was really supported.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#22 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

Android builds seem to be pretty good for non-Android phones. Like I said in my post, my HTC HD2 is the old WinMo 6.5... but I'm running a build of Android 2.3 on it (via SD card - on boot you start WinMo6.5 and then an .exe is run to boot you into Android), it's probably a little different on your N900, sounds like it can dual boot properly.
Everything works perfectly for me though... phone, data, wifi, videos, music, apps. I had a couple of crashes in the 8 months or so I've been using it, but I think it was partly my fault due to using an app that apparently isn't fully supported, either way there are apps to backup all your shit including text messages etc. so I never lost anything when this happened.

EDIT: Also remember Android is linux based, like Maemo... you would think the N900 is better suited to Android than my HD2.

#23 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

But does it blend???

#24 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:02 PM

Does anyone uses BB here?

I use black berry..I have a Black Berry Curve..... And its a peice of shit!

Not really bothered, end up smashing up most of my mobile phone's.. Got no friend's to text anyway :P

#25 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

Cheers for the links there, it'd been ages since i looked actually and never had an expansion card and no money to get one so left it. I'm gonna do some more research and see how it handles stuff like my music and videos etc since I want to go forward not back. Also phonecalls. Any idea if any of this actually works. When i was looking at old build of the thing ages ago nothing was really supported.

Some apps you download from the market might not actually work, and also some of the keys might be replaced, check the wiki link, it says which keys are assigned for that and that function.It's really nothing, it's just an installer, it does most of the stuff by itself.

Posted Image

#26 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

Some apps you download from the market might not actually work, and also some of the keys might be replaced, check the wiki link, it says which keys are assigned for that and that function.It's really nothing, it's just an installer, it does most of the stuff by itself.

it works but you also need to have a windows phone 6.0 or above right?

#27 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

I'll scout around on ebay, amzon etc for a cheap microsd card then. Cheers guys.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

#28 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:27 PM

I'll scout around on ebay, amzon etc for a cheap microsd card then. Cheers guys.

all the best :D

#29 EvoLuTioN

EvoLuTioN

Call me Evo ...

• Members
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

I think you need a class 6 or class 10 card for dual booting. Just check that before getting one.
  • Damjan likes this

Reality - An illusion caused by Alcohol Deficiency

Posted Image
xfire|Steam ID : evolutionevoz

#30 Damjan

Damjan

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

I think you need a class 6 or class 10 card for dual booting. Just check that before getting one.

+1 on that one, thanks Evo.Will give you faster bootup and faster app loading aswell, you can get it working with a Class 4 or lower but it will be slow.Thanks again Evo for reminding.

Posted Image

#31 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:51 AM

Damn the samsung galaxy S is a awesome device i would say the all in one android.

#32 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:08 AM

That Smartphone is a spy!

#33 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:42 PM

and what do you use to call someone or text?

Simple: I don't.

I only call people if I'm at home, if I'm not at home then I'm probably too busy to call someone anyway. As for texting, I find it kinda pointless.

I am incredibly irritated by texting. I get angry when people are just sitting there clickclickclickclickclickclickclick. JUST CALL THE DAMN PERSON IF YOU HAVE THAT MUCH TO SAY. WHYYYY must people hold CONVERSATIONS over text messages? And people are all like, "Oh, you just have to learn to use short-hand"..... No, thanks, I'll type like a fucking educated person, actually.

X10 w/ Android 2.3

How are the Xperia Android phones? I wanted the PLAY, but it's expensive.

And is anyone capable of giving me one good reason to buy an iPhone BESIDES Siri?

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#34 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Siri's just an outdated search engine with some fairly clever voice recognition sellotaped to the side. Plus you have to be connected to the internet to get any use out of it.

Posted Image

#35 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,254 posts
  • United States 

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

And is anyone capable of giving me one good reason to buy an iPhone BESIDES Siri?

Nah, stick with Android.

I recently got a Droid X2, thing is a beast.

#36 Damjan

Damjan

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:18 PM

and what do you use to call someone or text?

Simple: I don't.

I only call people if I'm at home, if I'm not at home then I'm probably too busy to call someone anyway. As for texting, I find it kinda pointless.

I am incredibly irritated by texting. I get angry when people are just sitting there clickclickclickclickclickclickclick. JUST CALL THE DAMN PERSON IF YOU HAVE THAT MUCH TO SAY. WHYYYY must people hold CONVERSATIONS over text messages? And people are all like, "Oh, you just have to learn to use short-hand"..... No, thanks, I'll type like a fucking educated person, actually.

X10 w/ Android 2.3

How are the Xperia Android phones? I wanted the PLAY, but it's expensive.

They are pretty fast actually, IF you upgrade to newer software.

Posted Image

#37 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 03:22 PM

Which costs how much?

#38 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:23 PM

Which costs how much?

Aren't software updates on phones usually free? I mean, game systems have free software upgrades....

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#39 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

I just wanna buy the Nokia Lumina 800. Its just the smart phone anyone needs :)

#40 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

Which costs how much?

I mean, game systems have free software upgrades....

Most of the time...

Dunno about phones, but since you gotta pay to use them...

(I meant pay extra, like on iPhones)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users