GTA SA Window 7problem

Mason_Storm

Hello guys,I have a very big problem with my GTA SA.I was searching for very long to fix it and I failed.So I'm writing here to ask for help,about my error here is it.When I install my GTA everything is OK but,when i shut down my computer or restart it I've got this error:

I'm with windows 7 without any cleo mods or mods.And here is my system.

Mmm don't know what to tell you. My GTA SA ran fine on Windows 7 when I had the 32bit version, now I have the 64bit version but I haven't tried it on this one yet.

I know though that Windows 7 tends to break certain old games randomly and permanently. Far as I know the only way to fix that is to re-format the PC...

You can try this but IDK if it will work, it fixes a lot of issues but I'm not sure about this one:

Right click on gtasa.exe, go to Properties, Compatibility tab and select ''run in compatibility mode with Windows 98''

Note that doing this will also change the game's User Files location, from C:\Users\[user name]\My Documents\ GTA San Andreas User Files to C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files. You can move your saves or music if you want.

Another one that worked for me with other games was to disable Data Execution Prevention. It's a little thingamajig that prevents applications from using too much memory (keeps your PC nice and stable, also helps protect it from viruses). DO NOT under ANY circumstances disable it completely! Just add GTA SA as an exception. Here's how it works:

Right click on Computer, go to Advanced System Settings, in the Advanced tab select Performance Settings and there you should find a tab for DEP. In there just add gtasa.exe as an exception. This works 75% of the time if you're using a no-cd crack I'M NOT SAYING you're using one... but IF you are, this might be the reason why your game(s) crash.

One last suggestion I can give you is... reinstall the game :P Yeah, happened to me before, game broke randomly a few times and each time I reinstalled it it worked gain, no idea how to make this permanent though.

By the way I installed GTA SA on 64bit as well, just like Vice City and GTA III I had to turn the Frame Limiter on though, otherwise all sorts of problems would appear (not being able to reverse with the car, CJ jumping 50 meeters and dying etc).

Edited by TUN3R