Photo
- - - - -

Mature or not for GTA

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Mature or not for GTA (21 member(s) have cast votes)

When did you start plaing GTA

1. 18+ = im a boring geek and am afraid of laws (5 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

2. 18- = I'm a playa i break the laws and don't give a shit (18 votes [78.26%])

Percentage of vote: 78.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

^ It was the same story for me, maybe off by a year or so. As for your point about 7 year old playing GTA 4 I totally agree. I have a little brother who is in grade 5 and I introduced him to video games at a fairly young age (6 or 7). He learned how to play Halo, couple of Crash Bandicoot games and others but I always tried to stop him from playing GTA. Both my parents and I thought that it was a bit too violent for his age. He got his hands on it a couple of times while no one was home of course :P Anyways yeah I moved away from home for university and left the 360 with him. He has the option of playing it now but I think he still sticks to COD or whatever.

Uuuhh.... FPS war games are okay, but not GTA? You still kill people. And you can even still be the bad guy in war games.

Yeah I guess that's the contradiction in my logic. Like Red Squirrel said, the older GTAs seem a bit more violent in some ways than GTA IV since you had access to chainsaws, katanas, hammers and whatnot. But one might argue that, that is just as violent (if not less) than calling in an airstrike or throwing a grenade to blow your enemies to pieces. I dunno I started playing games like Counter-Strike fairly young and I turned out alright. So he should be fine too.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#42 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:33 PM

Maturity and age do not always coincide. In fact, they seldom do.

Finally...

It's a tad hard of a concept for some people to understand, both "mature" and "immature" alike, I find.

^ It was the same story for me, maybe off by a year or so. As for your point about 7 year old playing GTA 4 I totally agree. I have a little brother who is in grade 5 and I introduced him to video games at a fairly young age (6 or 7). He learned how to play Halo, couple of Crash Bandicoot games and others but I always tried to stop him from playing GTA. Both my parents and I thought that it was a bit too violent for his age. He got his hands on it a couple of times while no one was home of course :P Anyways yeah I moved away from home for university and left the 360 with him. He has the option of playing it now but I think he still sticks to COD or whatever.

Uuuhh.... FPS war games are okay, but not GTA? You still kill people. And you can even still be the bad guy in war games.

Yeah I guess that's the contradiction in my logic. Like Red Squirrel said, the older GTAs seem a bit more violent in some ways than GTA IV since you had access to chainsaws, katanas, hammers and whatnot. But one might argue that, that is just as violent (if not less) than calling in an airstrike or throwing a grenade to blow your enemies to pieces. I dunno I started playing games like Counter-Strike fairly young and I turned out alright. So he should be fine too.

Well, following that same logic, I played GTA at a young age. I started with GTA 2 when I was like 11-13, somewhere in there. Then I got GTA III the year it came out, I was 13? And at 11 I was listening to hardcore rap and vile music such as "ICP". I still turned out okay(arguably). Granted, I went through a "juggalo" phase, but it stayed just that, a phase. None of this "clown for life". But that's another argument for another discussion....

Point is, if you can handle killing people in videogames, you can handle killing people in videogames.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#43 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

I have been actively playing Grand Theft Auto ever since 12.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users