Photo
- - - - -

Mature or not for GTA

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Mature or not for GTA (21 member(s) have cast votes)

When did you start plaing GTA

1. 18+ = im a boring geek and am afraid of laws (5 votes [21.74%])

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

2. 18- = I'm a playa i break the laws and don't give a shit (18 votes [78.26%])

Percentage of vote: 78.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:08 PM

I think 6 is a little young to be playing GTA... I started playing when I was 12. My older brother had gotten GTA 3 for Christmas and didn't really like it so I played it instead :)

exactly my point :)

#22 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:40 PM

I saw a couple buying a GTA : SA for their 6 year old kid

No one cares about the Damn ESRB ratings! :angry:

You're saying that like it's a bad thing...

It's not..... If the child knows it's just a game, and understands that just because they are allowed to play the game, doesn't mean they're allowed to mimic it in anyway.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#23 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:33 PM

You're saying that like it's a bad thing...

It's not..... If the child knows it's just a game, and understands that just because they are allowed to play the game, doesn't mean they're allowed to mimic it in anyway.

Exactly.

#24 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 27 October 2011 - 04:37 PM

@spaz you got a point but it still makes the ESRB rating look like dumb as its clearly marked a game for "mature 16+". Its not legal too

#25 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:32 PM

No, there's nothing about a child playing the game that is illegal. It is solely the purchasing of the game that is illegal. The children, with parental consent, are allowed to play the game.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#26 Dmac

Dmac

Made Man

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 03 November 2011 - 02:36 PM

I've been playing since the first one (I was really young then, and didn't play the missions obviously) I probably played it in 1998 or so, so I would've been around 7. If you can tell the difference between right and wrong and understand reality is different from video games I don't see a problem. I played GTA III when it came out and so on. Hell, GTA was my childhood.

Edited by Dmac, 03 November 2011 - 02:37 PM.

PXhBw.png

www.dmac.pw

#27 Vulpecula

Vulpecula

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  •    England 

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

I believe that is what is commonly referred to as an 'epic fail'.

Then again, I can't complain or claim the moral high ground: I received GTAIII for my 12th birthday... :evil:

I suppose these types of games are okay under adult supervision, keeping away from the more controversial or inappropriate things. I let my 11-year-old cousin play around on my copy of 'Just Cause 2' recently. I kept it strictly to vehicles and parachuting, nothing untoward. Well, aside from the little matter of dragging civilians along by the grappling hook from the back of a speeding car/plane and enjoying their hilarious screams and pleas for mercy... :whistle:

Edited by Vulpecula, 03 November 2011 - 03:12 PM.

#28 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

When GTA came out in 1997 or 1998, I was around 4-5 years old. So yeah, I was a playa' back then. :P

Honestly though, back when I played it nobody really cared. Only my brother knew I was playing it and that I was under-age, but I got older, and now, it doesn't really bother me. Back when I was young I never really did anything bad (I was usually considered a good boy by my parents, lol).
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#29 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

I've been playing since the first one (I was really young then, and didn't play the missions obviously) I probably played it in 1998 or so, so I would've been around 7. If you can tell the difference between right and wrong and understand reality is different from video games I don't see a problem. I played GTA III when it came out and so on. Hell, GTA was my childhood.

Not all of them can.. Do you not remember when those kids put a little baby on a train track after watching child's play? I mean sure, i played GTA in my childhood, but game's are getting more and more REALISTIC.. When I played gta when i was like 6 or w.e, it was top down and all pixalated.. Imagine a 6 year old playing GTA IV, you got cocain refferences, swearing, nudity, and the voilence is ALOT more realistic then when we were kid's

#30 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:13 PM

I first started playing GTA games when I was in 3rd grade, so around 7-8 years old. The first GTA to be specific, then 2 a little later. 3 came out when I just started middle school, sixth grade, so still 12. Suppose I was blessed with the ability to tell the difference between fact and fiction. I wouldn't want the same for another kid now, though. 7 years old playing GTA4? No way. There is a HUGE difference between gta1 and 4.

#31 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

^ It was the same story for me, maybe off by a year or so. As for your point about 7 year old playing GTA 4 I totally agree. I have a little brother who is in grade 5 and I introduced him to video games at a fairly young age (6 or 7). He learned how to play Halo, couple of Crash Bandicoot games and others but I always tried to stop him from playing GTA. Both my parents and I thought that it was a bit too violent for his age. He got his hands on it a couple of times while no one was home of course :P Anyways yeah I moved away from home for university and left the 360 with him. He has the option of playing it now but I think he still sticks to COD or whatever.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#32 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:51 AM

12 is mature enough to play a game like vice city or GTA san andreas

#33 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

But what about GTA IV? SA and VC still have hookers and refferences to drugs ect.. But IV is more realistic looking. But some thing's in San Andreas I think are more voilent imo compared to IV.. Like on San an you can go behind a person and slit their throat, on IV you can only stab them (which is still pretty bad)

I just don't know, personally I would say it depend's on the child. Some children are mature enough to handel it, some aren't..

#34 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Yeah, but i think that at 6 year old kids should definitely play games like FIFA and other sports related games appropriate to their age.

#35 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:38 PM

What exactly do you mean by ''appropriate for their age''?

#36 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:59 AM

You know the ratings of sports games mentioned in my previous page are appropriate or suitable for their age.

#37 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:42 AM

You know the ratings of sports games mentioned in my previous page are appropriate or suitable for their age.

What do you mean by appropriate X_X

#38 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

^ It was the same story for me, maybe off by a year or so. As for your point about 7 year old playing GTA 4 I totally agree. I have a little brother who is in grade 5 and I introduced him to video games at a fairly young age (6 or 7). He learned how to play Halo, couple of Crash Bandicoot games and others but I always tried to stop him from playing GTA. Both my parents and I thought that it was a bit too violent for his age. He got his hands on it a couple of times while no one was home of course :P Anyways yeah I moved away from home for university and left the 360 with him. He has the option of playing it now but I think he still sticks to COD or whatever.

Uuuhh.... FPS war games are okay, but not GTA? You still kill people. And you can even still be the bad guy in war games.

Maturity and age do not always coincide. In fact, they seldom do.

Posted Image

lolz

#39 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 26 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

Haha point to be noted lol.

#40 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:08 AM

Maturity and age do not always coincide. In fact, they seldom do.

Finally...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users