#1 jf1093

jf1093

LCF Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • United States 

Posted 21 January 2011 - 05:56 PM

So now that R* released GTA3, VC, and SA for mac, how do I install mods? I can't find any of the files or folders where stuff is supposed to go

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:07 PM

I don't know anything about Mac's but I'm pretty sure that the version you have is ether 2.0 or 3.0. So the 1st thing you should do is change it to 1.0 so it will allow mods...

Don't axe me how to do that, I still have my original 1.0 copy... all 3 of em' buhahahaha.

#3 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 05:07 PM

I don't think you can downgrade the mac version to v1 (which allows mods), since there was never a mac version of v1.

So unfortunately I see no way to mod them. Your best bet would be to get the PC versions, and use them either on a PC or install Windows in a virtual machine (with Parallels etc).

Sorry :/

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#4 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

I'm sure someone can make a downgrade patch... question is will they? I'm not sure how popular it is on the Mac :P

#5 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

Yeah doubt this is possible unless you play it on windows on your mac. I doubt someone would make a downgrade patch as well seeing as how old the games are.

Nothing to see here, move along

#6 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:38 PM

No, it won't be possible.

A PC downgrade works by replacing the V2 .exe with a copy of the original V1 exe (which allows modding).

They never made a V1 for Mac, and of course you can't use the windows .exe file, so it's just impossible to downgrade.

They most likely won't be able to edit the files to allow modding, since it's all closed-source and locked-down.

The only way I think it could be done is by *fooling* the program into thinking it's using the original files, but I don't know how that would be possible.

Sorry :/

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#7 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

Or modifying the .exe itself... but since most people piss their pants about custom .exe's I don't think anybody will upload it on a GTA site anytime soon :P

#8 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:55 AM

Well Mac doesn't use .exe, it uses unix binaries :P

And it'd still be encrypted so nobody can just edit it and tweak it. That's why the downgrade mod /replaces/ the exe rather than edits it.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

#9 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:02 AM

Oh... well anyway point is it's not impossible (let's face it, what is impossible in terms of modding? :P), just very unlikely that someone will do it.

#10 emperorbevis

emperorbevis

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:06 AM

so the Official GTA Trilogy Mac version cannot in anyway be altered changed or updated?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users