#1 mvi

mvi

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:11 AM

The Conversion

For the PSP release, RockStar will have to convert their gaming engine (probably a version similar to the III/Vice engine) to the portable console, whilst still being able to store the large 3D city on the UMD.

Posted Image

As shown above there is a very large difference between the output resoloution of the PS2 and PSP, therefore RockStar will be aided by being able to downgrade their graphics engine reduicng both object size, texture size and the graphics module size.

Posted Image

Also you'll almost certainly have noticed, the PSP has less controls than the PS2 or Xbox. Namely the fact that there isn't second shoulder buttons or the second (right) analog stick. However it's not hard to see how Rockstar will probably get past this problem. The image above shows what we think the controls will be on the psp.

B)

#2 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 11:04 AM

Great demonstrative images there. One thing I feel I should point out is that the resolution for the PS2 mvi has used is that of a PAL TV. Us lucky people in Europe and Australiasia and some countries have much better quality than those countries still using inferior NTSC TV's, namely USA and Canada. The resoultion on an NTSC TV is only 646x486, compared to a PAL resolution of 768x576.

This is why American TV streams seem to be of a much lower quality than normal programs on TV. But when American's see English TV shows they don't notice any difference because their TV's and good enough to show it at the higher quality.

So my point is, American's will notice much less difference in video quality than people using PAL TV's. You'll probably end up with American's saying the quality is pretty good and everyone else saying it's worse. Not due to poor eyesight, rather what our eyes are used to.

So there's some not very useful info for you ;)

#3 mvi

mvi

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:39 PM

Good, point I forgot about the PS2 being PAL.

Thanks, I'll update my site later.

#4 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:30 PM

Um... Didn't you already post a topic about this? What was really the point in re-posting it?

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#5 mvi

mvi

Executioner

• Elite Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:44 PM

Lazy spas, look at the two and compare.

#6 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

The only difference between this topic and the last one is that the last one had one more picture in it. That is really the only difference.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#7 johnnythegamer

johnnythegamer

Pickpocket

• Banned
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 05:36 PM

The Conversion

For the PSP release, RockStar will have to convert their gaming engine (probably a version similar to the III/Vice engine) to the portable console, whilst still being able to store the large 3D city on the UMD.

Posted Image

As shown above there is a very large difference between the output resoloution of the PS2 and PSP, therefore RockStar will be aided by being able to downgrade their graphics engine reduicng both object size, texture size and the graphics module size.

Posted Image

Also you'll almost certainly have noticed, the PSP has less controls than the PS2 or Xbox. Namely the fact that there isn't second shoulder buttons or the second (right) analog stick. However it's not hard to see how Rockstar will probably get past this problem. The image above shows what we think the controls will be on the psp.

B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice. Yea, the right analog stick is a huge loss, and the R2 and L2 buttons.
And nice job explaining everything.
Banned from Forums

#8 Sherman

Sherman

Capo

• Super Mods
  • 6,922 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 07:34 PM

GJ bumping a 2 month old topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users