7 replies to this topic

#1 _Ray

_Ray

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:46 PM

So, Office 2010 is guaranteed to be out by October 2010, and now the beta came out.

What do you guys think of it? I haven't tried it yet but it doesn't look a whole lot different than Office 2007.

The complete guide to Microsoft's Office 2010

Microsoft's Official webpage for Office 2010

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 12:08 AM

Obviously we've been using 2010 for quite a while in msft, and I like it. Beta is pretty stable too (compared to technical preview). Outlook is great (especially with the new Exchange 2010 features), everything else has been improved. I know this isnt strictly Office, but Sharepoint 2010 is cool (but very complicated).

I personally contributed to this release too, by working with the team to fix some bugs :)

FYI UK Students can buy Office for £38 from here.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#3 _Ray

_Ray

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:01 AM

I personally contributed to this release too, by working with the team to fix some bugs :)

Cool, I tried Word and the UI is pretty much the same as 07 but it's got a few new features that are pretty neat. :yup:
Posted Image

#4 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

"There's always something,"

• Members
  • 2,983 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:01 AM

I might give this a shot some time; I dunno why most people seem to hate 2007, just because they're not used to the ribbon interface. Even I get confused sometimes.

Posted Image

Ubisoft should take a look at this...
"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:9-10

#5 Damjan

Damjan

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours

• Members
  • 2,527 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:12 PM

The beta is fail, if you uninstall it you can't install right back 2007, you need to clean the registry Manually, no programs.

Posted Image

#6 Gerard

Gerard

Underboss

• Administrators
  • 3,873 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

Its fail because you can't go back to 2007?

Firstly, it's a beta, it's for testing, you aren't supposed to install it in a production environment. If you care about keeping 2007, then run 2010 in a VM or something.

Grand Theft Wiki Manager

And not a single fuck was given that day.

#7 _Ray

_Ray

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:24 AM

@Steam:

It's that way for a lot of beta programs. Take Firefox 3.6 Beta for example . . .

Won't install on top of 3.5.5. and if you force it to it's very difficult to get it back.

Edited by Raybob, 12 December 2009 - 01:24 AM.

Posted Image

#8 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 02:18 PM

I might give this a shot some time; I dunno why most people seem to hate 2007, just because they're not used to the ribbon interface. Even I get confused sometimes.

The ribbon interface was a big problem at first. It's all about getting use to, plus, now I love it. It's probably something that takes time to get use to, but really it's such a useful interface, and is more organised.

2010 will most likely end up in my college computer systems in my next academic year, but for now, it's 2007 for me.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users