Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_Ray

Office 2010

8 posts in this topic

Obviously we've been using 2010 for quite a while in msft, and I like it. Beta is pretty stable too (compared to technical preview). Outlook is great (especially with the new Exchange 2010 features), everything else has been improved. I know this isnt strictly Office, but Sharepoint 2010 is cool (but very complicated).

I personally contributed to this release too, by working with the team to fix some bugs :)

FYI UK Students can buy Office for £38 from here.

I personally contributed to this release too, by working with the team to fix some bugs :)

Cool, I tried Word and the UI is pretty much the same as 07 but it's got a few new features that are pretty neat. :yup:

@Steam:

It's that way for a lot of beta programs. Take Firefox 3.6 Beta for example . . .

Won't install on top of 3.5.5. and if you force it to it's very difficult to get it back.

Edited by Raybob

I might give this a shot some time; I dunno why most people seem to hate 2007, just because they're not used to the ribbon interface. Even I get confused sometimes.

The ribbon interface was a big problem at first. It's all about getting use to, plus, now I love it. It's probably something that takes time to get use to, but really it's such a useful interface, and is more organised.

2010 will most likely end up in my college computer systems in my next academic year, but for now, it's 2007 for me.