53 replies to this topic

#21 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:40 AM

Most think that the DeepThroatGTA4 publicized Genesis topic that is almost a joke of sorts, has no factual basis in the slightest, even I, being a long time member of that GTAforums, I don't put blind stock into what DeepThroat has said, didn't even follow him religiously, he's made one prediction pre-dating the release that was casting suspicion that he had some truth to his meandering stories. One tie in is that it was New York, where the Rockstar US offices reside, and that Sam Houser did come out in a few interviews saying New York was a city that was close to Rockstar's heart, and they planned to keep the USA in parody and satire, a subject of GTA games for some time.

A few thought it'd bounce around the Globe as soon as the next iteration, that's not what Sam Houser was saying.

One could say Genesis harkens itself to "The Beginning", and I can't say much about GTA original 2D since I came into the series with the 3D revolution and GTA III, and VCity.

Genesis only provides evidence the OP uses from PRE-EXISTING content created by Rockstar, so if they are trying to say something about content Rockstar has yet to reveal, it's not going to be very evident.

REPLYing to page 1;
So GTA V will fall under GTA IV era?

Well, yes basically, It sorts out as follows; GTA III is a PS2 title, but GTA 1, 2, and London came out on PC and the earliest platform consoles as well, it's only after MS put out Xbox that there was attention paid to what came out on what, could be classified by fans as part of a SET based on name, That's part of it, the other part is the ENGINE, and PSP and STORIES versions of Liberty City and Vice City do not include themselves, because Rockstar hired new staff to make those games on portables, not on standard consoles, for consoles, they were merely ported to them

Edited by BlackListedB, 15 October 2011 - 02:55 AM.

#22 Lutten

Lutten

Spectrum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • India 

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:55 AM

Most think that the DeepThroatGTA4 publicized Genesis topic that is almost a joke of sorts, has no factual basis in the slightest, even I, being a long time member of that GTAforums, I don't put blind stock into what DeepThroat has said, didn't even follow him religiously, he's made one prediction pre-dating the release that was casting suspicion that he had some truth to his meandering stories. One tie in is that it was New York, where the Rockstar US offices reside, and that Sam Houser did come out in a few interviews saying New York was a city that was close to Rockstar's heart, and they planned to keep the USA in parody and satire, a subject of GTA games for some time.

A few thought it'd bounce around the Globe as soon as the next iteration, that's not what Sam Houser was saying.

One could say Genesis harkens itself to "The Beginning", and I can't say much about GTA original 2D since I came into the series with the 3D revolution and GTA III, and VCity.

Genesis only provides evidence the OP uses from PRE-EXISTING content created by Rockstar, so if they are trying to say something about content Rockstar has yet to reveal, it's not going to be very evident

Agreed. Just the exact thing. But such Predictions can be useful. But if you get hints and pics from Rockstar you are sure to get possible prediction. So we can use genesis for possible predict instead of this topic. Whats ur GTAF username? Mine is Josh.

#23 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:09 AM

Remember, I keep saying this because I was glued to the GTA 5 section since August, nothing came along other then denial from Take2 and Rockstar Games. however, we're all pretty sure GTA will be dropped by Winter next year, not take one more full year to complete, but the elements SHOULD be in place, let's face it. RDR was one of the best video games EVER MADE in the complete history of 30 year gaming

#24 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:02 AM

So GTA V will fall under GTA IV era?

''Grand Theft Auto V'' no, but nobody said the next GTA will be GTA V. Could be Vice City 2, San Andreas 2, etc...

#25 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

So no new city/state? :(

#26 Lutten

Lutten

Spectrum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • India 

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

''Grand Theft Auto V'' no, but nobody said the next GTA will be GTA V. Could be Vice City 2, San Andreas 2, etc...

Because none of the previous titles were named in a similar way.

#27 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:03 PM

who knows?

#28 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:23 PM

So no new city/state? :(

I hope not...

#29 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

I hope not...

and re-made vice city or san andreas?

#30 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

and re-made vice city or san andreas?

Hell yesh :D

#31 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Hell yesh :D

okay man, i hope R* makes one of 'em

#32 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

Someone I know says GTA V would include some locales one can fly to... Well, Vice City fans could be appeased, as could Los Santos and San Fierro fans, with a GTA that will bridge much more then we've seen before, it can only get bigger, to offer a change that fans are in reality, pining for

#33 Lutten

Lutten

Spectrum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • India 

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

Someone I know says GTA V would include some locales one can fly to... Well, Vice City fans could be appeased, as could Los Santos and San Fierro fans, with a GTA that will bridge much more then we've seen before, it can only get bigger, to offer a change that fans are in reality, pining for

Kinda agreed.

@amazingdude & TU3ER: Great idea guys. I am hoping something like this.

#34 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 16 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

Yeah that was his idea of having a remake of VC or LS though i want a new city/state and character

#35 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:15 PM

ITT: The blind lead the blind.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#36 TUN3R

TUN3R

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:18 PM

ITT: The blind lead the blind.

That makes just as much sense as algebra...

Edited by TUN3R, 16 October 2011 - 05:18 PM.

#37 BlackListedB

BlackListedB

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:23 AM

No, It's DeepThoat misleading most speculations with Genesis, I am referring to rumor of Vice City, or Rockstar game staff observed in the West USA, and that the idea Liberty City is spent, GTA 5 won't be about that, but the backlash over lack of planes will result in their return. Of all speculation, I do believe the time spent and waiting means they are making a massive GTA. Others think it translates to waiting for new hardware, if they happen to have any kits we don't know about and have to retool RAGE for them??

Edited by BlackListedB, 17 October 2011 - 01:25 AM.

#38 FairNick68

FairNick68

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • United States 

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:28 PM

Hey guys, im new here. My name is Nick.

Anyways, Deepthroat is probably a puppet, which the Admins on GTAF created. He is just an Admin with a username, nothing more. He is meant to create hype and excitement, he most likely does not work for R*, but anything is possible.

#39 Red_Squirrel_UK

Red_Squirrel_UK

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  •    England 

Posted 22 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

I think they should continue with exactly what they've already done.

GTA III Era:

GTA III
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas

GTA IV Era:

GTA IV
GTA Vice City II
GTA San Andreas II

Although obviously it won't happen since they've already confirmed GTA V.

Agreed, gta III didn't have a name in the title, just grand theft auto and then a 3, then the following gta game's after that both had name's.. They should do the same now, they've done GTA IV, which showed off rockstars new engine, now the next gta game's should have name's in the title again

#40 amazingdude

amazingdude

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,130 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:10 AM

I think GTA V is an okay title

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users