• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

Fans who have pre-ordered Episodes from Liberty City have been receiving their copies, some fans spotted something interesting on page 13 of the manual. "Liberty City, It's over! Next stop". Take a look at this:

Posted Image

It's a small, not particularly detailed picture, so we can't really tell much from it. Yet. What do you think?

Credit to DigiShine on GTAForums for the scan.

#2 Blur

Blur

Headhunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • United States 

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:03 PM

Rockstar is just messing with us, :lol: and I love it. Some things that came across my mind were Vice City, an

island, or mountains. The GTAforums had some pretty intersting ideas, like one of them put the small pieces

together and it made a face. Also take note at the "Opens March Everywhere".

#3 NotYouHaha

NotYouHaha

Ronin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

Lol, Rockstar is so awesome. :P

We're doing exactly what they want, to believe that they're moving on from Liberty City, and to get us speculating. ;)

Not much to say, but the rip-like part of the poster reminds me of those games/contests where you identify what it is from that small part. Of course, I don't think anyone will ever find out until word from Rockstar Games. :)

#4 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,923 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 01:49 AM

Well to be perfectly honest I don't think staying in LC will be good. I still want Vice City. I'm hoping what we're actually looking at in that small tear is actually palm trees on a Miami beach.... if you look at it a certain way... it kinda looks it :P

#5 Bustago

Bustago

Pure Gangster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 05:21 AM

To me the colours look like sort of "vice cityish" but i cant seem to make out anything from that little picture. i reckon the "opens march everywhere" is the release of the new game next year because then it would've been 2 years since gtaIv came out. and 2 years is kind of the sort of gap that rockstar gives between games

Can someone buy me a new guitar?
Please?
I'll be your best friend!?

#6 kobe_inr

kobe_inr

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:48 AM

Before they make a new gta city, i would love for them to remake vice and SAN ANDREAS with this game engine... that would be great :dribble:

#7 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:48 AM

Although I haven't played the storyline of GTA IV (getting the game next week when im 18) I think they should go with something totally new, like London, Tokyo or something like that.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#8 Jezz Torrent

Jezz Torrent

Headhunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • United States 

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:45 PM

To me the colours look like sort of "vice cityish" but i cant seem to make out anything from that little picture. i reckon the "opens march everywhere" is the release of the new game next year because then it would've been 2 years since gtaIv came out. and 2 years is kind of the sort of gap that rockstar gives between games

actually, the normal gap is one year
the only 2 year gap was between vice city and san andreas

#9 FIS

FIS

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Norway 

Posted 30 October 2009 - 03:41 PM

Its Vice City ;D

Proof Posted Image

#10 Tipper

Tipper

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • France 

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:45 PM

Personally I think il could be Paris, let me explain why.

The shape looks a lot like the north-western part of France :

Posted Image

Now look at this :

Posted Image

This movie, New York I love you, is a sequel to the movie Paris Je t'aime :

Posted Image

Look at the rewards, Toronto and Cannes 2006, it looks a lot like 'Official entrant LC Film Festival' :

Posted Image

#11 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:57 PM

You guys really have some great proof to back you up, but we can't even be sure yet if it's those places. But you guys have got some great stuff there.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#12 Jezz Torrent

Jezz Torrent

Headhunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • United States 

Posted 01 November 2009 - 07:09 AM

if its in paris im gonna be pissed
i want it to stay in america

#13 fatalgamer

fatalgamer

fatalgamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 10:36 AM

The color is very Vicy City-esc. It looks, to me, to be from a light green button up shirt like the one Tommy V wore in Vice City. Though his might have been a bit more blue. As for the two years thing, I agree! I've been saying that we'll hear something of GTA V before the end of 2010. I think this kind of backs that up. I just picture Rockstar releasing the full image and it being a guy wearing a green button up shirt, slacks, pulling down his shades with a cigarette in his mouth and palm trees and bikini babes behind him.
Posted Image

#14 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 12:06 PM

That france idea is pretty good (the way you back it up), would be interesting if it is in Paris, not sure if Paris is renowned for its crime.

Still think London would be a great option, if anyone has seen the films Kidulthood and Adulthood I think you'll know why. Though if it is London it should have all the 2012 Olympic Stadiums that are being built.

Posted Image

#15 Rowie235

Rowie235

Always watching...... -_-

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 01:48 PM

After that little bit of work by Tipper there, Paris is looking pretty feasible. That is some tight evidence, but would rockstar make it that easy so quickly?
(My thoughts? Bring on VC.)
Posted Image

I'm Me...

#16 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 05:27 PM

I'm pretty sure Vice City will be the next game. I think Rockstar will make a new Vice City, then San Andreas after that, and then a completely new storyline, with a new city(s) and no returning characters. Then they could build another series of games and just continue from there.

The 2 ideas ^ up there, the most likely is the Paris one, the VC one doesn't work as well.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#17 _Ray

_Ray

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:00 AM

Well to be perfectly honest I don't think staying in LC will be good. I still want Vice City. I'm hoping what we're actually looking at in that small tear is actually palm trees on a Miami beach.... if you look at it a certain way... it kinda looks it :P

A remake of Vice City or San Andreas would be absolutely awesome. HD, and a way bigger map like what they did with IV over III/LCS.

I honestly think that they will definetly go with either San Andreas or Vice City for GTA V.

Edited by Raybob, 02 November 2009 - 01:00 AM.

Posted Image

#18 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:57 PM

To be honest I think having a re done Vice City or San Andreas would be boring, I want something new and not a whole revamp of past games. I would like to see remakes of better San Andreas and Vice City but not yet.

Posted Image

#19 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 03 November 2009 - 08:31 AM

It will be Vice City. If its not I lose all internets.

Posted Image

#20 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:10 PM

It will almost definitaly be Vice. A lot of fans would be annoyed if it wasn't and I think rockstar know that. While the Paris theory is very good (I gave you +1 rep for that) it just seems far too unlikely as Paris seems awfully random for GTA.

Nothing to see here, move along

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users