Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Premier League 2009/10

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win the title? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick one.

1. Chelsea (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. Liverpool (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

3. Arsenal (1 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

4. Manchester United (3 votes [37.50%])

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

5. Other - mention who (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Who will get relegated?

1. Birmingham City (3 votes [15.00%])

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

2. Burnley (6 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. Wolverhampton Wanderers (3 votes [15.00%])

4. Hull City (3 votes [15.00%])

5. Sunderland (3 votes [15.00%])

6. Stoke City (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

7. Blackburn Rovers (1 votes [5.00%])

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

Well, if Man U keep up their recent form they could potentially win the league too. Man City are going superbly, I must say. A top 6 position looks perfectly achieveable. I don't think they'll maintain their current form, and even with the new players they'll definitely add in January, they'll capitulate in one way or another. Chelsea are looking very strong, but are scoring not many goals and conceding them as well. However, they'll still be big challengers for the title. Liverpool will get a top 4 place, but nothing else. They rely too much on Gerrard and Torres, and defensive frailties are beginning to show between Carragher and Skrtel. Arsenal could win something for the first time in ages, maybe the Carling Cup, but their form hasn't been great either. The Carling Cup provided the benchmark for Man U about 4 years ago and look at their form over the last few years.

As for relegation, Hull City are looking awful, but Burnley have made a great start. They might go the way of Hull last year though, so they need to focus on each game. Portsmouth look in crisis, their squad is almost entirely new and hardly any of them have settled in. Maybe in January they'll turn things around with new signings. Those are the 2 clubs most in trouble at the moment, it's still to early to tell who will get relegated. Around December we'll start to have an idea. I think that West Ham could struggle this year, along with Wigan. So those 4 clubs, Hull City, Portsmough, West Ham and Wigan could maybe be battling to avoid relegation next year. Or they could all be pushing for qualification for the Europa League, who knows.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

'Why did I move here? I guess it was the weather'

#22 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:43 PM

City for top 4 this season is perfectably achievable, their strikeforce is on par with all the top fours, its just their defence for me, they need a WC CB.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#23 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

I still think, with Mark Hughes in charge, they won't be the best side that they can be, because he's inept as a manager. If they got a Mourinho or Hiddink in, then they'd be a force, but they need more world class players. People like Tevez and Adebayor are good, but they're Arsenal and Man Utd rejects. Hardly the way to build a world-class team.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

#24 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:05 PM

I'd hardly say Tevez is a reject, United wanted him, he rejected United. Adebayor has been wanting to leave Arsenal for quite a while too so he's not a reject plus there both scoring goals which means they are good players.

They've only lost one league game this season and that was against Man Utd, even that was in the last minute too.
Arsenal for me are going to lose their top 4 spot this season because City are so strong, even if there doing slightl;y bad by January they'll just spend another 50-100 million. They still have players like Robinho and Santa Cruz to come back from injury as well.

Seriously Hughes this season hasn't done much wrong at all he has proven he can quickly get the team to gel and has proven that he can compete with the big 4, they've beaten arsenal and took United all the way till the end. The only real weakness I see is their defence, they just need a vidic/terry type defender who is going to put his body on the line.

Posted Image

#25 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

Well, that's fine, everyone's entitled to their opinion. As for the recent Man U game, Fergie made the wrong choice. There was an international week coming up, but why leave out Giggs from the first 11? He's the best player at Utd at the moment, and to play Welbeck on the wing just took the piss. Liverpool already look out of the title race, they'll be fighting for 3rd spot now with Arsenal. Their 6-2 win looked great, they still look strong despite Adebayor leaving. Chelsea will be relentless until the end of the season, hopefully they'll drop points against the other teams near the top 6.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

#26 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 09:39 AM

BUMP

Just had to ask if anyone here saw Darre Bent's goal against Liverpool. If you haven't watch it here
My link

The irony is that the beach ball/balloon came from a Liverpool fan. :lolbounce:

Posted Image

#27 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 11:05 AM

Haha, that was great.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#28 The Bossman

The Bossman

The Unholy Trio

• Members
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 03:58 PM

:D I laughed at that. No, the ball you have to save is the WHITE one, not the RED one, Reina. The rules state that the game should be stopped and a drop-ball played if an object thrown onto the pitch interferes with play, so it's strange the goal was allowed. But I'm not complaining.

Today, Blackburn won the fierce derby against Burnley, 3-2. Burnley went ahead, but Blackburn equalised and then scored 2 more, before Burnley scored a late goal in added time. They're 2 of the first clubs ever to exist in English football, so it's an important derby.

Prcd1Cj.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users