Seven Transformation Pack

GTAsoldier

Windows X's "Seven Transformation Pack"  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Safe or not?

• Safe
    • Unsafe

I'm really intrigued by the Seven Transformation Pack made by Windows X (It makes my XP look like Windows 7). A couple of years ago, I installed his Vista Transformation Pack on my old laptop and my parent's desktop computer and it worked really well. Now I have a feeling that this transformation pack will do good as well. I mean check the pictures at the link above ^^.

However, considering the 2 trials and tribulations I had to go though with my current computer earlier in the year (BSODs caused by a partition error and then a virus 1 month later), I just pray that this doesn't do the same thing. (My super-computer :hurrhurr: has been acting fine since then.) I know transformation packs mod system files, and I know I'll have to backup my computer if anything should happen. So I ask you: do you think the Seven Transformation Pack is safe for me?

Because I want my computer to stay fresh.

Edited by GTAsoldier

Unsafe.It will just fuck it up, and when you want to revert it, it'll stay the same.Same with the Vista themes to XP, it didn't work quite nicely, so i pressed uninstall(the patch that allows you to use Vista themes on XP)and when it uninstalled, resetted, it still was the same.Don't put any of these transformation or themes shit, they'll just mess your computer up.

Nope he said that if you have windowblinds it doesn't really change anything from the system files just use a theme of windowblinds which you can probably get on DeviantArt. But I didn't really have any problems with these things actually but I am instead using Vistamizer much better since Windowblinds eats up a lot of ram.

Nope he said that if you have windowblinds it doesn't really change anything from the system files just use a theme of windowBlinds which you can probably get on DeviantArt. But I didn't really have any problems with these things actually but I am instead using Vistamizer much better since WindowBlinds eats up a lot of RAM.

Windowblinds isn't actually compulsory, but if you have a crapload of RAM and if you're looking for a near-perfect Aero theme then WB's the thing to be.

I did give it a try, and it used as much RAM somewhat like what Vista does with DWM and window pixel shaders kicking in.

Unsafe.It will just fuck it up, and when you want to revert it, it'll stay the same.Same with the Vista themes to XP, it didn't work quite nicely, so i pressed uninstall(the patch that allows you to use Vista themes on XP)and when it uninstalled, resetted, it still was the same.Don't put any of these transformation or themes shit, they'll just mess your computer up.

+1

i wouldnt do it. a vista theme fucked up my laptop (press shut down and it does NOTHING, had to turn off by holding power) and i had to reformat. massive pain.

why not just install 7RC ?

+1

i wouldnt do it. a vista theme fucked up my laptop (press shut down and it does NOTHING, had to turn off by holding power) and i had to reformat. massive pain.

why not just install 7RC ?

I dunno. I had thoughts about it yesterday. It's just that it's a release candidate and I don't think it's that stable enough to be on my computer until the official version comes out (Oct. 2009). I need other peoples' opinion on the 7RC before I can make up my mind. =\

• 2 weeks later...
OS installs seem to require a very slow burn speed for accuracy. If you burned at any higher than 4x you may want to burn another copy at that speed and try again.

^^ I could have realized it was burn speed. I'll DL the iso again from MS and burn it on the slowest speed Nero has. Thanks.

EDIT: Alright. I burned it again, and I installed it. I'm using it now. It's working well. For some reason the update for my GeForce 9800 GT isn't working.

EDIT 2: yay My GeForce 9800 GT driver has been recognized on my Win7 RC! (Downloaded the 190.18 Non-WQHL beta driver)

Edited by GTAsoldier