• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 06:55 PM

In terms of gameplay, and graphics, both LCS and VCS were the same, only a few features were added to VCS, yet it wasn't as great.
Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

#22 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 07:03 PM

I thought they were a step back (graphics), they looked pretty crappy on my 43" Sony. Dark, poor contrast & it made
it a little harder to play. VC just looked a little brighter. On a PSP it probably looked good in low res but the PS2 port
used the same low res graphics & it would have looked a lot better if they just used the original VC graphics.

Biggest difference was that Vic could swim & there was more for sidework. Every Empire business have missions based
on the kind of business it was, there are the beach missions, Air Ambulance & heli firefighter & they have a "bookmark"
feature that kept track of every 5 levels in a side mission. Do 20 levels, save your game & come back & you start at
level 21.

Overall VCS was a good buy because the only complaint I have is the graphics, everything else was good & it released
for $20 (same as LCS). Would have liked to see a PC port.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#23 steveplayer

steveplayer

Riff-Raff

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 09:26 PM

I found the graphics of LCS and VCS poor in contrast to III and VC. I put it down to being a port like Urban. It was a GTA game and that was enough for me, I enjoyed playing it. If the graphics were better I would probably play it more often. The main reason I liked it is it gave me a chance to return to VC but gave me new stuff to do. Didn't hurt that it was cheap too :P

Posted Image

#24 MeZaMe YuMe_MoMoKu

MeZaMe YuMe_MoMoKu

Anime lover, esp. Naruto lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 07:31 AM

There's no major differences between LCS and VCS when it comes to graphics, but VCS had much better gameplay improvements.
Former NecroAssassin, who loves sadomasochism.
GTA Fan and Addict.

I recommend you guys visit the all-new PayneKillers.com!

#25 GTAspotter

GTAspotter

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:17 PM

What major gameplay elements were different?

Was VCS a much more realistic (graphics) game, Like IV was over LCS?

OMG did u not just listen to a word that was just said, jesus Christ maybbe if you spent less time posting and more time shutting the fuck up you would understand more!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Playstation_Loyalist

Playstation_Loyalist

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 26 March 2009 - 08:14 AM

There's no major differences between LCS and VCS when it comes to graphics, but VCS had much better gameplay improvements.

I beg to disagree.

Posted Image

Omnomnomnomnom.

#27 MeZaMe YuMe_MoMoKu

MeZaMe YuMe_MoMoKu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 01:55 PM

^ Why??
GTA Fan and Addict.

#28 Playstation_Loyalist

Playstation_Loyalist

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:46 AM

^ Why??

Liberty City Stories used the graphics engine games like Vice City and III used, while Vice City Stories used the same graphics engine San Andreas used. So, graphics in "SanAn" and VCS are more 3-D-esque than the other III era GTA games.

Posted Image

Omnomnomnomnom.

#29 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:57 AM

Not sure if you're aware that III, VC and SA ALL used renderware? (albeit modified each time)

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#30 MeZaMe YuMe_MoMoKu

MeZaMe YuMe_MoMoKu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 02:11 PM

^ Why??

Liberty City Stories used the graphics engine games like Vice City and III used, while Vice City Stories used the same graphics engine San Andreas used. So, graphics in "SanAn" and VCS are more 3-D-esque than the other III era GTA games.

Well if it is, that doesn't count major.
GTA Fan and Addict.

#31 will99

will99

Thug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:12 AM

Answering to first post:

Vice City has the better overall storyline atmosphere. But once you beat the game, there is not much to do except boost your pilot ranking and criminal rating etc. Although this is my favorite GTA for some reason.

Vice City Stories has a great storyline, but not quite as good. Though, the missions are more challenging than VC. I love the empire building feature and swimming, more combat moves, phil collins, more planes and helicopters and the slightly better soundtrack make VCS soundtrack even more amazing!

These games are both great!
The main difference from VC to VCS is the game's engine and more features like swimming, cycling, more interors, the buildings light up and look very nice, etc.
Check out http://www.thegtazone.co.uk and my stunting crew "XSC".

Posted Image

#32 Butters!

Butters!

No longer contains Salmonela!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

VCS is my the GTA I hate the most, after LCS. It had more stuff to do than in VC, but the storyline was kinda boring in VCS.

Posted Image

Is Vista bad or are you just stupid?

#33 Bear

Bear

"I just shot a bear" Sawyer LOST :)

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 04 April 2009 - 01:55 PM

Argh I loathed VCS, so many glitches and bugs in my game it was ridiculus. It was too cartoony and didn't have the same feel as VC did. I just stand by it was lame and I have never completed it as I couldn't be bothered in the end.

Posted Image

Forum Boss-Serious Chat ^_^

#34 rosenberg

rosenberg

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:06 AM

Vice City's story was better, along with the characters(even the ones that returned in VCS I liked them better in VC). I saw a video review for VCS and the reviewer said it was like they got a writer from the Lifetime network to write the script for the game. I liked that cause it was so close to what I had thought when i first played it. Vic is a kind of annoying and contradictory character in my opinion. He doesnt work for me. And the things most of the characters say are more stupid to me than funny. VCS is an ok game but it's at the bottom of my list. One good thing though is there is more gameplay after finishing the main story than there was in VC.

#35 Playstation_Loyalist

Playstation_Loyalist

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 25 April 2009 - 02:22 AM

Vice City Stories isn't as great as one could think about returning to Vice.

Though it had radical changes (more neon lighting, more side missions, swimming, etc.), it had big time disappointments. Like the others said, the storyline was weak, weaker than LCS. The ending is too damn easy. I mean, this could be the easiest mission. The graphics were a disappointment: cartoony to the extent that it was TOO unrealistic. Returning characters are worse than their original counterparts, especially Lance Vance. Damn.

VC>VCS.

Posted Image

Omnomnomnomnom.

#36 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Vice City Stories isn't as great as one could think about returning to Vice.

Though it had radical changes (more neon lighting, more side missions, swimming, etc.), it had big time disappointments. Like the others said, the storyline was weak, weaker than LCS. The ending is too damn easy. I mean, this could be the easiest mission. The graphics were a disappointment: cartoony to the extent that it was TOO unrealistic. Returning characters are worse than their original counterparts, especially Lance Vance. Damn.

VC>VCS.

Well said, I seriously think there's no reason to get VCS, if you really wish to get a portable gta game go get Chinatown Wars or LCS.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#37 rosenberg

rosenberg

Numbers Runner

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

Returning characters are worse than their original counterparts, especially Lance Vance. Damn.

VC>VCS.

I know right... Could Lance have been any more annoying?!

#38 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:25 PM

Wow. I actually really enjoyed VCS. Liked it more than VC, mainly because I didn't like VC's controls, but still, I love both games. As for VCS's storyline, GTA never has been known for it's STORYLINE imo so I don't know why VCS's storyline is so bad. :P Graphics weren't amazing on either, but that didn't change anything for me.

#39 Noxfaratos

Noxfaratos

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:06 PM

Well of course VCS had worse graphics on ps2, it was a psp port. I liked them both but for some reason i hated starting in Little Havana instead of the other island.

#40 EvilHomer198

EvilHomer198

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Chile 

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:47 PM

I liked VC more.

VCS adds a lot of stuff to do after finishing the game. In VC you don't get to do much stuff after completing the game, but It still is my favorite GTA.

Although VCS had a graphical improvement, It was still dissapointing. The storyline wasn't as good as the original VC, and it had few missions. I would have forgiven that, but they were too damn easy, specially after you get the minigun. But the game was cheap, and fun for a while. Also I always hated that you start on the Little Havana island, instead of the Washington Beach island.
Something goes here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users