Chris

2008 Forum Award Categories

116 posts in this topic

Meh, it's better with just one award for it I think. Member of the Year is fine. That's a pretty prestigious award to win. I'll definitely add that.

No need for many staff awards, we're respected enough as it is. ;)

Yeah, I just thought it might be a good idea to have a "Best quality of post" or "Most helpful member" award.

We already have them. Well, most helpful member. I suppose we could have best quality posts award too.

Best quality would be good maybe so it could encourage people not to spam as much anymore. In alot of ways I think you have covered most catergories.

Maybe best avatars, mine would clearly win though. Who doesnt love polar bears? But its still an idea.

He'd best leave it open though because there could be many more ideas to come over the day and maybe even the weekend. I think the number of categories goes up each year with the rapidly increasing number of active members. I think Chris should get at least three more Ideas and leave it at that.

Even though you've kinda cleared this with me earlier, you should do 2nd and 3rd place for avatars and signature, they have something to do with looks don't they :P

Edited by Thomas.

I think its a good idea to leave it open as we may get some great ideas, but the basics are pretty much there. There is also no need for silly awards that are just there to fill a space, so the awards are bigger this year.

I dunno maybe penguin lovers? People who think South Pole owns the North Pole? :P

Polar bears are awesome though. Best avatar is already there btw ;)

Alright, so far we're adding:

Member of the Year

Best Quality Posts (non-staff?)

Best "About Me" Page

I'll have a think about which (if any) awards to have 2nd/3rd place medals for.

I have plenty more ideas, I will name a few and let others give you some.

"Best Musical Taste" Award (A member who loves to talk about Music)

"Most Enthusiastic Scholar" Award (A member who loves to talk about School)

"Best Gamer" Award (Other than GTA)

And yes, Remove Userbar Whore award, it is pointless and is only guaranteeing someone a useless, easy award.

Its hard to give an award for best musical taste as we all have different tastes and there is no saying which is bad and good. I love my music yet most people make fun of me for it, does that make it bad? Not really. So that is a difficult award as its not very fair.

"Most perverted member"

I think you can safely say Chris would win that :P

Ehm more...?

"Best Dressed" according to Pictures

"Most educated"

"Best at English"

"Worst at English" but it's Negative kind of so there is no point

"Member who "Couldn't give a shit""

what about "most matured member"?

Would that not come under "Most improved member"?

Edit:

@Earthbound: Yeah, kinda. I'm gonna stop posting some.

Edited by Thomas.