8 replies to this topic

#1 Bulletproofboy

Bulletproofboy

Hired Muscle

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:15 PM

Remember in GTA 3 and VC, it wasnt a life bar or a bar around the radar, it was just a heart with a number with 100, if the number decreases the worse your healths gets.

Do you miss that system of health?
do u think rockstar will ever bring it back?
do u miss it

#2 Chris

Chris

Limbal Rings

• Administrators
  • 10,924 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:22 PM

I dunno. It's a classic system. However, I think we've moved on now, the series, and games in general.

I love playing CoD4 in hardcore mode. No HUD, whatsoever. No indication of health or how many rounds left in your gun. I think it's great and makes it not only more realistic, but more of a challenge. GTA is a bit of a bitch without the HUD because it's sort of required for stuff.
My point is, I don't actually care which system they use. If I had to choose I'd probably go with the new system, rings around the radar. I liked it. Maybe I'm in a minority by saying that but yeah.

Oh and moved to the general GTA forum...

#3 TNF

TNF

Party Patrol

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,399 posts
  • United Kingdom 

Posted 31 October 2008 - 11:34 PM

Maybe, I am not too bothered about how the health is displayed but numbers did make it easy to know exactly how much you have.

#4 Bulletproofboy

Bulletproofboy

Hired Muscle

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 12:08 AM

I prefered LCS/VCS's health system, not sure bout IV but i didnt like it as much

GTA SA life bar was just too long

#5 Hansui

Hansui

Gunner of The Raiders MC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 01 November 2008 - 04:01 AM

i don't care much about the HUD of the game, but every time i see the GTA3/VC health system, i kinda feel quite nostalgic

Posted Image
we are The Raiders MC. Join us!

#6 Huckleberry Pie

Huckleberry Pie

"There's always something,"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,975 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 01 November 2008 - 06:37 AM

It would have been more realistic if it had a minimal HUD, but I guess I can't live without a display showing stats and life bars or something...

Posted Image

Ubisoft should take a look at this...
"We love Him because He first loved us." - 1 John 4:9-10

#7 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:50 AM

I liked the number next to health / armour, i think its better. When i first played gta4 at a friends house, he wasnt in the room at the time, and im like uhh wheres the health! then saw something near the radar blinking and im like.."ohhhhh!" .

i dont really like that though. san andreas health system was dumb. vcs/lcs actually wasnt too bad, just a small bar. i like the numbered health then lcs type then san andreas type then gta4 type...

the whole falling out of a car when you crash is also really dumb, he should be able to wear a seatbelt! LOL. oh and i noticed that the cars actually indicate when they're turning, that is dumb imo.

#8 Ultraussie

Posted 12 December 2008 - 10:31 AM

I loved the numbers. BTW, how can you tell PECIOSLY when you gonna die, if you have a stupid skinny bar, and in GTA4, some confusing ring that you cant tell where it starts from? Also I laughed when it came up "069", or "001", or "007". Classic times in Vice City!!! They are my only times actually...
When Will I be unbanned?
Posted Image
Pawngame.com: Musle345
Runescape: Musle345
Habbo.com.au: CommanderJamesBond
Commander Bond dot net: Ultraussie
Youtube: Ultraussie
Test Drive Unlimited: TheStormOfRacing

#9 MrLanceVanceDance

MrLanceVanceDance

Consigliere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 07 January 2012 - 11:49 AM

I prefer the GTA VC and GTA III health bars. They give you an exact amount of how much health you have right now, without you needing to make assumptions on your health, which may turn out wrong. Also, it helps you determin how much risks you are gonna take, as each gunshot, fall etc has an exact number of health points deducted, and not large sections of a health bar. However, I kinda feel nostalgic when I see them, and I have grown pretty used to seeing health bars.

GTA SA's health system just sucked. The health bar was too long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users