Talk in your own language here and in the languages you know.

Damjan

You mean: Da, sunt suparat acum.

You said: Yes, I am annoyed right now but at feminine not at masculine. What translator you used? :P

Romanian is very hard. A lot see it as a normal, easy, language but its grammar is hard like f*ck. There are like hundreds of rules about it.

Don't count me as a teacher, Chris. :D

Edited by TG187

Yeah that's what I've found. Obviously using Google Translate right now :P.

I think the grammar is the hardest part, but some words seem not too hard... a number of words I've come across are similar to either English or French/Spanish/Other latin languages I have some knowledge of.

So for example, without using a translator I kind of figured that the word 'buna' meant 'good', because I already knew in French this is 'bien' and Spanish 'buena' ... it's so similar. Same with the numbers 1 - 10... they seem pretty similar to French and Spanish so I could tell what they were before using a translator just to clarify.

So yeah I'm not sure how well I'll be able to learn just from people on the internet :P

Yes, mostly we use "salut" to say hello, but if you say "buna" its nothing bad. We, when we greet the older people or people that we have some respect for them we use the term "Buna ziua" that means in english "Good day". To say "good bye", the most used way is "La revedere". If you want a simple "bye" you can use the term "Pa", or you can say again "salut" now with the meaning of "bye" and shake hands.

Not that easy, eh. :P

Yes, mostly we use "salut" to say hello, but if you say "buna" its nothing bad. We, when we greet the older people or people that we have some respect for them we use the term "Buna ziua" that means in english "Good day". To say "good bye", the most used way is "La revedere". If you want a simple "bye" you can use the term "Pa", or you can say again "salut" now with the meaning of "bye" and shake hands.

Not that easy, eh. :P

Well pa is certainly the easiest way :P

I have a tendency to pronounce things as I would if they were French which is a bad habit. e.g. La revedere I'm saying that like "la rev-uh-dare" which is probably completely wrong. :P

EDIT: Do you pronounce the t at the end of "salut"? Or is it silent like in French?

Крису хочется учить румынский язык только потому-что ему нравится румынскые девки ;)

Da. :)

Yes, we pronounce the "T" at the end of "salut". "La revedere" is somehow pronounce like this: http://forvo.com/word/la_revedere/

I don't think you will understand exactly...but it can help.

This might help you too Chris: http://www.docstoc.c...o-pronunciation

EDIT: "Buna ziua" can mean in english "Good afternoon" too. A word in english can have many words in Romanian that can be synonyms too....kinda hard to explain....heh.

Edited by TG187

romanian grammar doesn't look so bad once you've studied russian :P

Wont look very bad after, but it will still look bad. Trust me. I studied: A bit of French, Latin, German, English, Spanish. German is one of the hardest languages. No matter how much I try to learn, nothing goes into my head. I find it a bit funny why to study German, when our language has nothing in common with German ( we are a Latin based language, said earlier too, no problem if I repeat ). And German isn't even one of the most spoken languages. In a top 12 most spoken languages, German is on 10...never mind...

German is good if you want to go there or in the neighboring. ( Switzerland, Denmark, Holland, Austria...) I really don't know why I speak about this....eh..

No problem Chris. ;)

Edited by TG187