Photo
- - - - -

What GTA is the worst or the best?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the best or worst? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Best GTA Game

1. Grand Theft Auto III (3 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Grand Theft Auto Vice City (6 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

3. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas {PS2} (22 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

4. Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (2 votes [6.06%])

Percentage of vote: 6.06%

What is the worst GTA?

1. GTA 3 (7 votes [21.21%])

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

2. GTA Vice City (2 votes [6.06%])

3. GTA San Andreas (2 votes [6.06%])

4. GTA Liberty City Stories (13 votes [39.39%])

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

5. GTA Vice City Stories (9 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Bear

Bear

"I just shot a bear" Sawyer LOST :)

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:23 PM

I love San Andreas, but to me and I'm sure most of you will hate me for saying it, I think the worst was GTA4, I loathed the game. I usually wont leave a GTA game untill I complete it. I played VCS for a few weeks and got bored, 4 took me a week and I gave it up. The game was too complicated and boring and to me its the worst. With VCS as the second worst.

Posted Image

Forum Boss-Serious Chat ^_^

#22 MK47

MK47

lolwut.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 08:33 PM

I love San Andreas, but to me and I'm sure most of you will hate me for saying it, I think the worst was GTA4, I loathed the game. I usually wont leave a GTA game untill I complete it. I played VCS for a few weeks and got bored, 4 took me a week and I gave it up. The game was too complicated and boring and to me its the worst. With VCS as the second worst.

I played GTA4 at a friends house any found it hard to drive ):

Posted Image

#23 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

Grr! You young folk!! I can't believe there is a single vote for GTA3 on the worst list. GTA3 was the best GTA by far - If you awaited the release of GTA3 as avidly as most of us who are older to the GTA community, you would understand ;)

But oh well.

Best: GTA3
Worst: Vice City Stories (yuck) and GTA4.

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

#24 Bear

Bear

"I just shot a bear" Sawyer LOST :)

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

That does make sense, the first GTA I got was Vice City, my Dad got it for me for Christmas. He said he thought it looked good. Also he looks like Tommy Vercetti haha. Once I played Vice City and then played GTA3 I found the third dull as I had gotten used to the improvements. Also I hated how every gang hates you, so I would drive around in a tank everywhere. I love that tank.

I still stand by GTA4 is the worst, then VCS because the glitches really annoyed me. All my pedestrians disappeared, so I all had was men with shot guns popping up from nowhere to shoot me. So again I used a tank all the time. The cheat for lowering the wanted level was annoying as it had triangle and I kept falling out of my car. Annoying >.<

Posted Image

Forum Boss-Serious Chat ^_^

#25 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

i bought LCS for ps2. hated it to bits. i got to like the second area, then my save got deleted by my little cousin. then i got there again, and deleted again. it was dodgy though, even compared to vice city. nothin to buy(like asset properties etc, or regular properties).

i played through the whole vice city, san andreas, and vcs storyline. i loved vice city, half cos of the setting and the other half was just the storyline was cool. I guess vice city was the first one i owned (out of whats in the poll, i had gta2 on ps1), got vice on pc.

san andreas was good, so big / long. but i dunno, the whole gangsta thing pisses me off sometimes.

vcs i finished on psp, i liked it. the empire thing was cool, i guess i liked the custom soundtracks (use your own MP3), and the multiplayer was fun for hours. although adhoc only was still good, i remmeber playing like 3 other people in study hall at school. study hall...more like psp hall :P

GTA4 is cool i think. funniest thing to do, call the cops with your phone and RPG them as they drive past lol or make a roadblock, and block them in. i laughed when my friend bought a burger, then chucked the burger at someone. that was hilarious, pretty cool, the level of interaction. putting in cheat codes is a pain, heres a situation: your being shot by cops, you wanna turn off cops / fix health etc. you open phone, start dialing. but oh no, he's getting shot, so the phone gets put away. fail. i liked how you can do burnouts, but burn the tyres right off, down to the rims lol. then its fun to drive around with no back tyres. the whole seatbelt thing (fall out of car when you crash) is sorta dumb, but funny to watch.

#26 Husky

Husky

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 06:32 PM

Yeah I agree. The whole Seat-Belt thing really pissed me off. The thing that is screwed up about that is when your playing MP on Cops N' Crooks the crooks hit the cops and the driver and the passengers just fly thourgh the car. Annoying.

My opinion GTA LCS is shit. The game gets boring after the first 12 missions. The missions aren't interesting at all except for the gang war ^^. The game is too buggy, for example. The last mission The Sicillian Gambit. Is it me or Salvatore cant drive for shnitzle. He crashes the boat on the pier and it gets stuck. Your loaded with a mini-gun and you aim for Sal's head and shoot 1,000,000,000,000 bullets into his brain and lives. FAIL.

Vice City Stories was a good game but the graphics make it look like the simpsons hit and run. Vice City was the worst in my opinion. Get shot once with a Spaz and die. Shot with a M4 once die. Shot with a Uzi die quick thats what the game is mostly about to me. Run n' and gunnig. The missions were impossible to beat.

Posted Image

#27 Rashon.

Rashon.

Bingo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts
  • United States 

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:24 AM

I think Vice City is the best GTA. San Andreas has crept up to it but I still and will probably always think that it's overrated even though it's my second favorite.

GTA III was good but I don't think it was a very fun game at times. The storyline was good and I'm probably not giving it enough credit since it was older than the rest of the main GTA games and had worse graphics, less features, and less weapons than the rest.

#28 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:23 AM

Yeah I agree. The whole Seat-Belt thing really pissed me off. The thing that is screwed up about that is when your playing MP on Cops N' Crooks the crooks hit the cops and the driver and the passengers just fly thourgh the car. Annoying.

My opinion GTA LCS is shit. The game gets boring after the first 12 missions. The missions aren't interesting at all except for the gang war ^^. The game is too buggy, for example. The last mission The Sicillian Gambit. Is it me or Salvatore cant drive for shnitzle. He crashes the boat on the pier and it gets stuck. Your loaded with a mini-gun and you aim for Sal's head and shoot 1,000,000,000,000 bullets into his brain and lives. FAIL.

Vice City Stories was a good game but the graphics make it look like the simpsons hit and run. Vice City was the worst in my opinion. Get shot once with a Spaz and die. Shot with a M4 once die. Shot with a Uzi die quick thats what the game is mostly about to me. Run n' and gunnig. The missions were impossible to beat.

your just shit. lol jks

i had absolutely no trouble beating the entire storyline on PC (except dildo dodo and g-spotlight, and the bank job.) didnt cheat or use trainers at all. i would imagine PS2/XBOX would be easier cos of lock-on. i have to agree with your comments on LCS, but its true for a lot of GTA's the AI is sorta dumb (cant drive, always go into fights rambo style and get pwned and you fail).

#29 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:35 AM

(cant drive, always go into fights rambo style and get pwned and you fail).

...and that's what GTA is all about. :D

That Rambo is a champion btw.

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

#30 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 07:57 AM

I didn't vote because it wouldn't be accurate considering I haven't even played IV. My vote for what you should get though is GTA 3. It's my favorite GTA game and is easily in my top 5 favorite games, ever.

Edited by Nate10, 06 December 2008 - 07:58 AM.

#31 Husky

Husky

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:57 PM

IV is a good GTA Nate10. But its a real ahem time for everyone to hate me... Dissapointment.

Posted Image

#32 Patty-T

Patty-T

Harry and Lee's Vice City Vacation!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:57 PM

I think it really depends on what you want to get out of a game. I think Vice City has the best storyline, while San Andreas has some better gameplay. Vice City would have to be my favourite. One of the Stories games would have to be be my "worst", though I don't like using the term "worst" because it implies something bad, and I don't think any GTA games are bad. Some are just better than others.
Harry and Lee's Vice City Vacation. It ended terribly.

#33 The Commander

The Commander

Scam Artist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • New Zealand 

Posted 09 December 2008 - 01:00 PM

I wanted to vote for GTA I being my favorite because with out that game ever being made you wouldnt have what you have today, but its not even in the poll?!?

#34 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:13 PM

I didn't vote either, the options didn't include my choices.

Worst - The original "top down" GTAs, just couldn't get into them. Going to 3D in GTA3 was best move ever.

Best -- San Andreas PC version. San Andreas had it all (for gameplay) & almost unlimited modding. San Andreas set
the benchmark for sandbox games, period.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users