#1 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

Posted Image

"Worried that GTA: Chinatown Wars was going to be a watered-down GTA experience? As in, toned down for the kids? No need to worry about that, as it's been revealed that not only do Rockstar have Nintendo's blessing to pitch the game at adults ("They didn’t want us to make a GTA for kids, and we weren’t interested in making a game we wouldn’t normally make), but that the game will let the player buy and sell prohibited narcotics. In a drug-dealing minigame. There's six drugs on offer, all of them real drugs, so if you're one of those strange, insecure types who like to get super-defensive in advance of sensationalist tabloid headlines, now's the time to start ensuring your hackles are raised."

Source

So what are your thoughts on this?
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#2 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:34 PM

Haha that's like a slap to the face to all those anti-GTA and anti-drug people. Expect lots of complaints and shit about this. But looks like fun and kind of funny to see this as the first thing in the morning :)

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#3 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:35 PM

What? No Mandy? Ketamine? Meths?

Lol at having a drug dealing mini game, usually it's like... brush the pony's hair, bathe the dog, etc. The brevity of this is weird though, on a console that is marketed directly and deliberately at the younger generation ( for the most part) this is astounding. Like, on the 360, PS3, marketed at older people (who can afford them more easily) there wasn't this in IV, etc. You get what I'm saying though.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#4 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 02:39 PM

Lols yeah whenever you think of DS you don't think of crazy violent games. I think R* is trying to change that and if this game becomes successful then I'm sure more will come. As for DLC, maybe buying MORE drugs lmao? :P

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#5 Husky

Husky

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:00 PM

lol I find it funny that they just say weed imstead of marijuana.

Posted Image

#6 claude-5

claude-5

UK have the $ on their keyboard, so why dont US have the £

• Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

awesome, i thought this game was gonna be crap :coolthumbup:

Posted Image

TOXIC worked on this sig, and im greatful :D

#7 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:59 PM

ahah cool. yeah i have to agree with llama, DS is more kiddy based, like all the pet games (nintendogs etc) all the mario games...lol "mummy mummy i just sold 10 crack to someone" ahah

#8 Artur

Artur

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

• Members
  • 2,835 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 03:42 AM

lol I find it funny that they just say weed imstead of marijuana.

Same thing for the other ones. Acid = LSD, Coke = Cocaine and yeah. I wonder how the mini-game will work, should be pretty interesting though.

Posted Image

Courtesy of TM!

#9 surrealistic ArtSweet

surrealistic ArtSweet

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 05:27 AM

i think this new feature will decide wether GTA: CW is going to be good or suck. the selection of drugs is okay, yet it might get boring after a while, but i can't judge on that. it might be cool, especially if we can rely on selling drugs whenever we need money.

if it's good maybe they will add this feature to the next console GTA :coolthumbup:

Edited by Denny Crane!, 26 September 2008 - 05:29 AM.

Posted Image

Niko: okay Brucie, the only way to get your balls back to normal is you stop juicing, or you get implants
Brucie: how many times i have to tell you homie? my balls are golden, okay!

#10 Hansui

Hansui

Gunner of The Raiders MC

• Members
  • 2,080 posts
  • Philippines 

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:52 AM

thats good, i always wanted to sell drugs in my neighborhood.

that could be a new odd job on GTA

Posted Image
we are The Raiders MC. Join us!

#11 YellowJacket

YellowJacket

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 19 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

GTA is a bit more geared towards adults anyways so I don't se why it's so wrong to have drug dealing in the game. That doesn't mean everyone will go out and start to deal drugs. You steal cars, kill people and screw random chicks. I hardly think that it's going over the top to add drug deals.

Posted Image
Краще, ніж ви.

#12 ratskcoR

ratskcoR

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:08 PM

Maybe it's just me, but a game that's centered on the buying and selling of drugs isn't as appealing as a normal GTA game with killing, racing, and randomness. The idea of CW reminds me of these Internet flash games where you're a drug lord controlling a business, and that's all you do, all the time. Hopefully CW won't be all drugs and will include some classic missions that bring back the 'flavor' of GTA.

#13 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 10:18 PM

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

drug dealing on a DS brilliant! i bet JT is diening inside right now >.<

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#14 Bear

Bear

"I just shot a bear" Sawyer LOST :)

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 05 December 2008 - 01:51 PM

I'm not to keen on the idea, I just don't see the fun of virtual drug dealing. I think it is a bit weird this is the first game that this will appear in, DS is aimed at kiddies. Strange, well the kiddies can learn what LSD is.

Posted Image

Forum Boss-Serious Chat ^_^

#15 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:53 AM

Lol @ Rainbow Bear. They've got to learn some time.

This will be a nice addition though. It will add to the realism and vibe of the game.

Posted Image
I hate to be the one to break it to you, but a clear conscience
is generally the result of a faulty memory, not a faultless life.
Want a new sig? Click here!
GET ON MTA

#16 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:02 AM

hahaha. imagine some irresponsible parents buy this game for their 9 year old. "Hey daddy, what's crack" ... awkward. lol.

reminds me (sort of) of the south park episode when they become cops. they have to bust a meth lab LOL.

#17 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 06 December 2008 - 11:07 AM

hahaha. imagine some irresponsible parents buy this game for their 9 year old. "Hey daddy, what's crack" ... awkward. lol.

It wouldn't be the first time. Poor old Rockstar will cop the blame.

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#18 Bear

Bear

"I just shot a bear" Sawyer LOST :)

• Elite Members
  • 3,240 posts
  •    England 

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:19 PM

Haha I used to ask my Mum wha all these different terms were when I first started playing GTA, she wasnt bothered and she knew I wasnt going to pull out a shotgun and sell crack at school.

Posted Image

Forum Boss-Serious Chat ^_^

#19 Earthbound

Earthbound

• Elite Members
  • 950 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:25 PM

Lol. So you can honestly say you were never a shotgun wielding drug dealer? Well that makes one of us I suppose. Didn't you know that all GTA fans are criminals? :P

Posted Image
GET ON MTA

#20 TM™

TM™

Need new model for avatar :P

• Elite Members
  • 6,334 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 05:18 PM

It's pretty cool to have the drug dealing feature in CW. I'm not no fan of drugs, but this could be an interesting feature as it could affect you throughout the whole game. So say for instance you take weed, not that I've taken it, but your vision would turn blurry making your screen all blurred and making it harder for you to move about. That was a feature in VCS, which was a really big pain, but eventually you made it towards the end. Something like it but removing the hardened controls would do awesomely.

Hopefully in future GTA's this will be incorporated.

Oh and Bear, this game isn't for kids, just because Nintendo has always had games based for Kids, fact is, it's a game, and it will have it's Mature rating (17+). Plus it won't be clean and shiny, it will be dirty and grim, so it wouldn't be suited for kids. But I see where you're coming from though. Even I thought of it that way once, until I realized that.

Edited by TM™, 06 December 2008 - 05:20 PM.

Posted Image
TM™ - Elite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users