Photo
- - - - -

anyone loves a car? want to know how safe it is?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 Claude´s Kuruma

Claude´s Kuruma

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Panama 

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:38 PM

this topic is open all the days! want to know how safe your or your favorite car is?
official topic!

introductory video

please visit! :thumbsup:

please name a car and i will find you a crash test video of it with stars and rating!

Edited by Claude´s Kuruma, 06 September 2008 - 08:42 PM.

#2 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

shelby gt500

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#3 Claude´s Kuruma

Claude´s Kuruma

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Panama 

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:26 PM

here is the info of the crash: The Ford Mustang was redesigned for the 2005 model year and modified beginning with 2007 models manufactured after May 2007 to reduce the likelihood of door opening in frontal offset crashes (note: information about when a specific vehicle was manufactured is on the certification label typically affixed to the car on or near the driver door).

Two tests of a 2007 Mustang convertible were conducted, one before the door modifications were made, and one after. During the first crash test, the window glass in the down position pushed on the driver door latch linkage, and the door opened. Ford responded by adding structure in the doors to prevent the window glass from contacting the latch mechanism and asked the Institute to test the Mustang again. In the second test, the driver door did not open.

The two cars are rated separately, but the overall rating for each is Acceptable.

Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was reasonably well controlled. The dummy's head hit the A-pillar, which bent downward and inward during the crash.

Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. A high head acceleration occurred when the dummy's head hit the steering wheel through the airbag, indicating that head injuries would be possible. Forces on the right tibia indicate that lower leg injuries would also be possible. Head acceleration from the A-pillar hit was low.

meaning it receive a good rating

thank for the suggestion

also here is the full crash test:

overall rating as 5 stars

results of the Mustangs also applies to the Shelby!

Edited by Claude´s Kuruma, 06 September 2008 - 10:33 PM.

#4 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:30 PM

No offense... but...

You can get pretty much all this info from wikipedia and Euro NCAP (under freedom of info act), so... you're just copy pasting stuff? (plus a video easily searched on youtube) Not as if you can offer anything unique like personal knowledge. All you added was 'meaning it receive a good rating'...

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

#5 Claude´s Kuruma

Claude´s Kuruma

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Panama 

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:42 PM

No offense... but...

You can get pretty much all this info from wikipedia and Euro NCAP (under freedom of info act), so... you're just copy pasting stuff? (plus a video easily searched on youtube) Not as if you can offer anything unique like personal knowledge. All you added was 'meaning it receive a good rating'...

oh sorry

#6 Claude´s Kuruma

Claude´s Kuruma

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Panama 

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:19 PM

anyone please! send me a car! -_- :cry: :zZZ: :down: :'(

#7 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 06:41 PM

here is the info of the crash: The Ford Mustang was redesigned for the 2005 model year and modified beginning with 2007 models manufactured after May 2007 to reduce the likelihood of door opening in frontal offset crashes (note: information about when a specific vehicle was manufactured is on the certification label typically affixed to the car on or near the driver door).

Two tests of a 2007 Mustang convertible were conducted, one before the door modifications were made, and one after. During the first crash test, the window glass in the down position pushed on the driver door latch linkage, and the door opened. Ford responded by adding structure in the doors to prevent the window glass from contacting the latch mechanism and asked the Institute to test the Mustang again. In the second test, the driver door did not open.

The two cars are rated separately, but the overall rating for each is Acceptable.

Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was reasonably well controlled. The dummy's head hit the A-pillar, which bent downward and inward during the crash.

Injury measures — Measures taken from the neck and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. A high head acceleration occurred when the dummy's head hit the steering wheel through the airbag, indicating that head injuries would be possible. Forces on the right tibia indicate that lower leg injuries would also be possible. Head acceleration from the A-pillar hit was low.

meaning it receive a good rating

thank for the suggestion

also here is the full crash test:

overall rating as 5 stars

results of the Mustangs also applies to the Shelby!

how so? they are different cars like decades between them... safety has probably come a long way since the gt500

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#8 WRX22B1998

WRX22B1998

like a Boss

• Elite Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:31 PM

ford model T?

#9 Maddog89

Maddog89

DragonDrifter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 11:15 PM

1993 Nissan 240SX
2009 Nissan GT-R or
2009 Dodge Challanger

Edited by Maddog89, 15 September 2008 - 11:16 PM.

I will be the next drift king

#10 Super Hyphy

Super Hyphy

Num Yummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:45 PM

2002 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34 Generation)

Posted Image

Click My Sig Pic to Visit My Forums!

#11 Husky

Husky

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 11:44 PM

Epic Fail. You guys can easily search a crash test on Google or YouTube.

Posted Image

#12 Super Hyphy

Super Hyphy

Num Yummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:46 PM

Yes, I think everyone here knows that, Cap'n Obvious. We just don't want CK to cry because his topic is a failure *whoops, I said that outloud*

:hurrhurr:

Posted Image

Click My Sig Pic to Visit My Forums!

#13 Dmac

Dmac

Made Man

• Members
  • 862 posts
  • Australia 

Posted 18 May 2009 - 03:10 AM

My favourite car, Holden Commodore VP, Would be safe but not as safe as modern cars. I think it was one of the first models with air bags.

PXhBw.png

www.dmac.pw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users