27 replies to this topic

#1 silverballer95

silverballer95

June 6, 1944 - D-Day

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:21 AM

This is one of the biggest reasons that I've given up on nintendo. They think they are so special, that they can take a game that they have never used before, and make their own excusive game in the series. To me, this is just gonna be forgotten like gta advance. If nintendo pulls this SH*T TWICE, it could be the end of the series. Why can't they do this to Saint's Row? They'll probably make it "APROPRIATE". :bashhead: :pissedred: :thumbsdown:
Posted Image

#2 claude-5

claude-5

UK have the $ on their keyboard, so why dont US have the £

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:27 AM

Its true, nintendo just cant have a GTA, they need 2 stick 2 mario or w/e and it probably will be fotgotton in the 1st month

Edited by claude-5, 26 August 2008 - 03:27 AM.

Posted Image

TOXIC worked on this sig, and im greatful :D

#3 Mpilk901

Mpilk901

Proudly destroying the community since March '07.

• Elite Members
  • 2,505 posts
  •    Scotland 

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:23 PM

This is one of the biggest reasons that I've given up on nintendo. They think they are so special, that they can take a game that they have never used before, and make their own excusive game in the series. To me, this is just gonna be forgotten like gta advance. If nintendo pulls this SH*T TWICE, it could be the end of the series. Why can't they do this to Saint's Row? They'll probably make it "APROPRIATE". :bashhead: :pissedred: :thumbsdown:

What are you talking about? It isn't Nintendo who is "pulling this shit", it's R*. The same company that made GTAIV.

GTA Advance back then was the equivalent of what LCS and VCS are now, portable GTA's. Of course Grand Theft Auto was not as big back then but that still isn't the point. Game companies will never improve if they don't try out new things.

Nothing to see here, move along

#4 claude-5

claude-5

• Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:25 PM

Game companies will never improve if they don't try out new things.

its hard to argue with that point

Posted Image

#5 Shortbus

Shortbus

retraded

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • United States 

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:55 AM

Stop complaining and play the fucking game. :)

Edited by Shortbus, 28 August 2008 - 02:55 AM.

Posted Image

#6 claude-5

claude-5

• Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:57 AM

I shall, when its released :)

Posted Image

#7 Spaz The Great

Spaz The Great

Numba' one in the hood, G!

• Elite Members
  • 9,926 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:11 PM

Yeah, because Nintendo can force Rockstar to make the game, right? :rolleyes:

What are you talking about? It isn't Nintendo who is "pulling this shit", it's R*. The same company that made GTAIV.

GTA Advance back then was the equivalent of what LCS and VCS are now, portable GTA's. Of course Grand Theft Auto was not as big back then but that still isn't the point. Game companies will never improve if they don't try out new things.

lulwut? It was released in '04, same year as SA. GTA was pretty damn big by then.

Posted Image

There is no "freedom of speech" in forums, yes you can say what you want but in the end what the mods say gos. This is not a democracy.

lolz

#8 Butters!

Butters!

No longer contains Salmonela!

• Members
  • 807 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:58 PM

I reckon the sales will be alright in the first week, but ater that they will drop. All in all I think R* will lose a fair amount of $$$$ in this idea.

Posted Image

Is Vista bad or are you just stupid?

#9 Spider-Vice

Spider-Vice

Pest Control

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:10 PM

Well, when GTA IV was released, it was expensive as fuck here.

Posted Image

#10 claude-5

claude-5

• Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 04:35 PM

but GTA IV was very highly anticipated, but CW isnt

Posted Image

#11 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:35 AM

Game prices do not vary when they are released because of it's popularity. All games are the same price depending on what game system they are released on. 360 and PS3 games( NEW )are $60, Wii/XBOX/PS2 games( NEW )are $50, DS games( NEW )are $30-20 ect. Understand?

Edited by Nate14, 31 August 2008 - 04:36 AM.

#12 Ivan

Ivan

Too far to get home.

• Members
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:44 AM

Game prices do not vary when they are released because of it's popularity. All games are the same price depending on what game system they are released on. 360 and PS3 games( NEW )are $60, Wii/XBOX/PS2 games( NEW )are $50, DS games( NEW )are $30-20 ect. Understand?

True that. Imagine you have 2 games that are released at the same day, one is shit, the other one is great, they'll both have the same price but the shitty one will have a price drop way faster than the other one.
Posted Image

Thanks to Greensabre.

#13 TrialByFire

TrialByFire

Executioner

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 08:57 PM

:o

in enlgand it's the same except that ps3 games are extortionate :( and everything else is either reasonably priced or just plain cheap

I have no problem with people believing what they want, until they think it's right to try and change what I believe.

I'm so happy, I could shit a rainbow!

#14 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 03:39 AM

Oh, hahh thanks. I should of added that I was referring to USA related prices. :P

#15 Jottha

Jottha

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Brazil 

Posted 11 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

GTA is like a saga, man.

The best game ever made in my humble opinion.

They will never stop creating new GTAs, they cant stop.

Juz bow down for dat. :worship:

Posted Image

"Surviving The Third World Day By Day..."

#16 DBturbo

DBturbo

Hustler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 September 2008 - 09:17 PM

Well if nintendo are having a gta game for the DS we had better have a mario game for the ps3 and 360 for a laugh cuz i think the DS having a gta title is a joke.

#17 rumblecat

rumblecat

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:16 PM

Why? What's wrong with the story and game play of Chinatown Wars? Why is it a joke? :innocent:

#18 Nate10

Nate10

Underboss

• Members
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:24 AM

Well if nintendo are having a gta game for the DS we had better have a mario game for the ps3 and 360 for a laugh cuz i think the DS having a gta title is a joke.

I'd enjoy a Mario game not only intended for Nintendo games.

#19 YellowJacket

YellowJacket

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Canada 

Posted 19 October 2008 - 04:13 PM

That's really stupid logic.

I don't see why another console can't have a game. It makes it better for those out there who can't afford to buy every console. The people who can only afford a DS are probably shitting bricks right now that they finally get to play a GTA game. I've spend lots of money on consoles and still have them all but other people can't just whip out their wallets and buy it all like I did.

Those people who never had a system that supported a GTA game probably never cared about the series before but will now get some exposure to it.

Posted Image
Краще, ніж ви.

#20 silverballer95

silverballer95

June 6, 1944 - D-Day

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 08:09 PM

That's really stupid logic.

I don't see why another console can't have a game. It makes it better for those out there who can't afford to buy every console. The people who can only afford a DS are probably shitting bricks right now that they finally get to play a GTA game. I've spend lots of money on consoles and still have them all but other people can't just whip out their wallets and buy it all like I did.

Those people who never had a system that supported a GTA game probably never cared about the series before but will now get some exposure to it.

Ok? I don't think you see what I'm getting at. I'll make an example: Remember when the first Rayman came out? Rayman was the shit back then. Especial when they made sequals like The Great Escape. But then Nintendo has to be a bitch, and get their own exclusive title. We will call this title Raving Rabids. Ever since raving rabids came out, I've looked at rayman like a joke.(End of example) By doing this with other games, Nintendo is raping the gaming industry. Now they are going to do the same with gta. I've seen the screenshots, and it looks like an old top down gta. More people are gonna start looking at gta like a joke and it will ruin gta. I'm tired of seeing game after game ruined because of Nintendo. Now do you get my point? I know that it's not Nintendo who makes the games, but I dought that these game companies are willingly offering to make exclusive titles for Nintendo. So is this better LOGIC for you?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users