#1 laughinghyena

laughinghyena

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 26 June 2008 - 09:41 PM

pretty the topic speaks for itself.

I am curious if anyone would how or already rip some model (characters) from the games themselves? and if so, can someone please let me know. It would mean a lot to me.

LH

#2 Urbanoutlaw

Urbanoutlaw

Rouge Element

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,956 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 05:05 PM

Welcome & enjoy, take a minute (if you haven't already) to read the rules & checkout the layout of the site.
Start w/ this tutorial -
http://www.thegtapla...showtopic=12625

For GTA3/VC/SA it's fairly easy, they're in the file GTA3.IMG in the MODELS folder.

Use an IMG tool, EXPORT feature to find the DFF & TXD of a model. Save them in a folder w/ a name you'll recognize
like "OEM Sabre" (for the Sabre). The Export function just pulls a copy of the desired file out of the IMG file & still leaves
the model in the game until you use DELETE.

The DFF is the model itself & the TXD is the textures.

Just don't forget step 1: BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT!!!

Edited by Urbanoutlaw, 28 June 2008 - 05:06 PM.

Posted Image

If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's meant to be.

If not, point & laugh when it flies into a woodchipper.

#3 laughinghyena

laughinghyena

Nobody Special

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 28 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

Welcome & enjoy, take a minute (if you haven't already) to read the rules & checkout the layout of the site.
Start w/ this tutorial -
http://www.thegtapla...showtopic=12625

For GTA3/VC/SA it's fairly easy, they're in the file GTA3.IMG in the MODELS folder.

Use an IMG tool, EXPORT feature to find the DFF & TXD of a model. Save them in a folder w/ a name you'll recognize
like "OEM Sabre" (for the Sabre). The Export function just pulls a copy of the desired file out of the IMG file & still leaves
the model in the game until you use DELETE.

The DFF is the model itself & the TXD is the textures.

Just don't forget step 1: BACK UP EVERY FILE YOU PLAN TO EDIT!!!

thanks dude it means a lot that someone reply. I am gonna read the link you suggested. I just couldnt find the right forum post to find out the answers myself. I am sure that i will have more questions. Ill just post them here.

Once again thank you.

LH

EDIT: ok I read the tut. I have one question: with these files(some do have models in em) is it possile to open them up in 3Dmax or maya? and if so, would i need a converter to do so.

Edited by laughinghyena, 28 June 2008 - 06:43 PM.

#4 MrLlamaLlama

MrLlamaLlama

Graphic Designer.

• Super Mods
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 10:56 PM

I do believe there's a dff plugin for 3DS Max, not sure about Maya.

Google is your friend.

Posted Image

CoolerMaster HAFX Tower Case | XFX 850w Black Edition PSU | Asus CrossHair IV Formula Motherboard | AMD Phenom II x6 3.4 @ 3.7 Ghz + ThermalTake Frio HS/F | 8Gb Corsair Dominator GT | Nvidia/EVGA GTX470 1280Mb | 64GB Crucial RealSSD (os) | 2x 1TbSamsung Spinpoint F1

Need a quick GTA Fact Fix? - Grand Theft Wiki it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users