7 replies to this topic

#1 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

A French gaming site called Jeuxactu has recently played a five hour preview of GTA IV. They have written their own preview and have included a few details worth mentioning here.

• It took 5 years and 300 people to develop GTA IV.
  • The smallest details have been taken into account, from non-working bulbs to newspapers flying in the wind.
  • Peds live their lives like any other human. Law Enforcement Agencies will be checking papers, a businessman is walking faster than other peds, a woman is making a phone call in a phone booth, and so on.
  • They talk about Liberty City being as big as San Andreas.
  • Bodybuilding will no longer be in the game and you won't be able to make money by buying businesses anymore.
  • If you commit a very serious crime, the army will be against you. You'll see heavily armed soldiers.
  • By keeping good relationships, Niko may have some clues for future missions.
  • According to the website, it'll take 60 to 70 hours to complete the game.
  • Italians, Puerto Ricans, Russians, Jamaicans, Chinese Triad and Mafia are some of GTAIV's gangs.
  • It might take more than one try to start a car or a motorbike.

Thanks to GTAGaming.

Posted Image

#2 GTA Don

GTA Don

It was a good day.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,605 posts
  •    England 

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:29 PM

Nice find, rockstarrem. I can't believe it took 5 years to develop GTA IV, I just hope it's worth the wait, seeing as it was delayed. Maybe the Jamaicans are the Yardies? Well, this is a new map, so that's probably why LC is as big as SA. I thought it was 100 hours, according to PSX Extreme?

Ermm...

#3 rockstarrem

rockstarrem

#SocialMediaPresence

• Super Mods
  • 4,246 posts
  • United States 

Posted 03 March 2008 - 11:34 PM

There has been a lot of rumors about the hours of gameplay, right now we suggest don't trust anyone.

Posted Image

#4 mattyk

mattyk

Shoplifter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Ireland 

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:17 AM

holy crap 5 years to make the game! Thats got me thinking if rockstar delayed the game for "tweaks' then it goes to show that they have a spare thought for all us existing and new fans by not thinking of the almighty pound and giving us a polished better game. I'm glad they have. I booked two weeks holidays for April to relish in the final product all the more tit bits we get only fuel my excitment for this game I really can't wait. Paid off the rest of the deposit today was thinking of slipping the store guy an extra few pound to move me up the list lol

#5 Get Fucked

Get Fucked

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • No Flag 

Posted 04 March 2008 - 08:34 AM

can u swim in it and can u do up cars in it

#6 PhoenixGTA

PhoenixGTA

Pickpocket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • United States 

Posted 04 March 2008 - 09:47 AM

can u swim in it and can u do up cars in it

Yes you can swim. I also read in one of the reviews there is even a swimming club in the game.

#7 Red_91

Red_91

Capo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,535 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:04 PM

5 years is a lot and 300 people is a lot too. This game was in development before SA was released so it must be very very good.

Posted Image
Thanks to OGTAM for the Sig

#8 fire boy

fire boy

Vandal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:24 AM

Hey does anybody remember how many hours it took to complete san andreas for a comparison cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users